E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
bldngblck

My Ride: 330i zhp
be careful doing business with khoalty

on september 20th, i purchased some E46 M-Technik Splitters (for M-Tech II Bumper) from them for my zhp. didn't know much about khoalty; saw them on here, figured i try them out

big mistake

on september 28th, i still hadn't received my splitters, and i thought that strange, so i shot them an email, inquiring about the hold up. here is their response to me:
Hello,

I am truely sorry about the delay, there were couple of flaws ont eh splitters so we can waiting for the new ones to come in next week so you get perfect ones, sorry again.

-kevin

okay cool, i think
they FINALLY arrive on october 9th. and i was excited to put them on
i opened the box, and i should have known by how shoddily they packed the items, that everything wasn't gonna be okay.

it seems like they said to hell with it and sent me the defective splitters anyway!

here are pics

as you can see, one is cracked, the others aren't uniform in their cuts, and they looked like they had been scratched up and repainted.

now i know they go under the car, but sheesh! i'm not familiar with buying mods, but i bet if i got them from bmw, they wouldn't look like this, nor would their explanation for this shoddy quality be this:

(their response):
You can send them back to

925 hale pl, suite b3
chula vista, ca 91914
Rma: your order number

No one predrills holes on the splitters as every bumper is a little different for fitment wise. If we did predrilling, you would have emails like yours all the time saying the holes don't line up and how come this and that. They are not advertised predrilled so I am not sure where it is written down as predrilled. The flaws you see are all covered up when you install them in the car. Unless you are under the car and it is going into the competition for contours de elegance for perfection, none of those things are seen.

-Kevin

i thought his reply was quite assinine and snarky. because it's going to be under the car, i shouldn't expect it to look good before i install it? i mean the guy said contours de elegance!. i can understand the predrilled part, although i expected them to come pre drilled, since i'm not very handy with cutting nor do i have the tools for it. the picture shows them as pre drilled in the ad for them on their site, last i checked.

so they're in the process of refunding me my money, minus my initial shipping cost, which i'm not happy about. you ship me a substandard product and expect me to eat it, all the while KNOWING it was substandard? then they respond with this to add insult to injury:

We don't refund shipping costs, same as Walmart doesn't refund the gas expense of you driving to their store if you buy something at a retail location and drive back again to rerun it. Transport costs are non-refundable.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Dean

yeah, i didn't buy them from walmart, i bought them from you, and i know that nike pays for shipping when you return it's products for defective craftmanship. they even provide a return label with the product, just in case.

needless to say, i won't be doing business with these guys anymore, and you can if you want to. be forewarned, they're not very professional, and i'd question the "khoalty" of any of their other products.

thanks for reading this long rant.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20121009_163352.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	474680   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20121009_163339.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	474681   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20121009_163243.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	474682   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20121009_163236.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	474683  

bldngblck is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:54 PM   #2
Mango
Over 15,000 visitors

My Ride: M54B30
hows the outside look

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #3
lucky_doggg7

My Ride: 2005 M3
My deal is that if call someone multiple times during regular business hours and get no answer, to hell with them. OP, your result was forseeable.
lucky_doggg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:20 PM   #4
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
My experience with khoalty goes as:
Me: asked questions about angel eyes sold
Them: I'll open up a box of them tomorrow and give you more details and pictures.

Never got a reply even though I messages them again.
Would not do business with them.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #5
bldngblck

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_doggg7 View Post
My deal is that if call someone multiple times during regular business hours and get no answer, to hell with them. OP, your result was forseeable.
they don't even have a number listed on their site, and in the faq, it says they don't have a number, due to keeping their overhead low.
you live and learn
Old 10-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #6
olivierE46M3

My Ride: E46 M3 2003
I had a similar experience with this company:

Silicon Valley Concepts

They sold me a part that did not fit properly and wanted to charge me $100 restocking fee. They were all **** heads about the entire process and I will never purchase a anything else from them again.
olivierE46M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #7
FenderGuy05

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
Ordered my corners and sidemarkers from Khoalty, didn't really have any issues. Seemed to take a while to arrive, but nothing that threw any red flags up.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #8
adaseb

My Ride: 2002 BMW 320i
Yeah that's TOTALLY unacceptable.
adaseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #9
bmwmck

My Ride: '00 328i 5spd
I've ordered many D2S bulbs, m3 grills and gills, and various LED lights from Khoatly over the last couple years.

Nothing but good service all around.

Sorry to hear about your experience, I hope it doesn't become a trend with them in the future
bmwmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #10
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
It seems like khoalty is fine if you just order parts and get good parts. But the second something goes wrong and they need to fix it **** hits the fan
Old 10-19-2012, 07:03 PM   #11
ZHPinthe103

My Ride: 325i Black on beige
Jesus thats a horror story. I will never buy from khoalty. Its as if these sponsors think they can set these terrible standards for products and if the customer is surprised by this terrible product its completely their fault. The workers for khoalty seem to be some low motivated middle aged men that could care less about any customer disatisfaction.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #12
Devious1
Invalid User

My Ride: 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Devious1
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
hows the outside look
yeah, show the front of the splitters. from the pics you've shown, i don't think its that big of a deal since it will be underneath the car. but thats the kind of things you sacrafice when you decide to go rep and not oem.

btw, im sorry for your experience with khoalty, but i haven't had any issues with ordering from them and i would order from them again in the future.

Last edited by Devious1; 10-19-2012 at 07:17 PM.
Devious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #13
bldngblck

see this is the thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious1 View Post
but thats the kind of things you sacrafice when you decide to go rep and not oem.
i don't know much about splitters. i didn't know there was a thing as replica vs oem. i thought i was getting the real deal.

live and learn.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:32 PM   #14
bldngblck

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
hows the outside look
i didn't take pics from the front. i didn't see any problems with the front. it was just the whole shoddiness of the entire product, plus that crack however minute, that turned me off
Old 10-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #15
jgold47

My Ride: 2004 X5 3.0
I've ordered from khoalty many times. No issues.

my about me link
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=791566

jgold47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:39 PM   #16
TKC

My Ride: 330cic & R6
Send a message via AIM to TKC
I've ordered numerous parts from Khoalty and have always had great service and no issues with products.
Hope you're ultimately able to find what you're looking for.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:57 PM   #17
Stinger9

My Ride: '04 330Ci
Many threads before you have taken the same path. They come up often with bad service.
Would you search here before you order?
Might have helped.
Stinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #18
rcsummers

My Ride: M3
hope you get it resolved, Khoalty is really hit or miss.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:54 AM   #19
bldngblck

thanks. i wish i would have thought of this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger9 View Post
Many threads before you have taken the same path. They come up often with bad service.
Would you search here before you order?
Might have helped.
i wasn't aware, and it also was an impulse buy.
i learned today. lol
Old 10-20-2012, 05:25 PM   #20
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc
Sponsor

My Ride: BMWs
Quote:
Good morning,

I personally don't see anything snarky with the email below *referenced above, sorry you feel that it is meant to be taken that way. We simply went over the situation and how to resolve it. Shipping is non refundable. Please send the product back to the address below and we will process the return within a few business days of receiving the package.

Dean
This was the last email we sent to you. We explained our position on the product, that the resin issue is on the part which is not visible at all once installed, and that the product itself would work just as any other pair of splitters would work. I apologize if anything we emailed you was taken as snarky, really that intention was not meant to be.

We are not zappos or amazon, we don't have enough money coming in per order to offer a refund of shipping, we have however been able to brush by with free shipping at 150, this gives us just enough margin to keep the business going and patiently waiting to add more products by saving our money, and enough to give free shipping in the US via ground service. We think this is pretty decent, if we could include return labels which each product, we would, same as offering free shipping at any level, but our margin simply is not there for us to operate like that. Same with the phone issue, if we jacked our prices up like pretty much everyone else online, we would be able to hire someone full-time for phones, we just don't have the money to do this. We reply to emails quickly, from mobile, while we are in the office, and even while we are out off the clock, we do this to balance out not being able to take inbound phone calls.

The product is listed as not pre-drilled, and we have a short sentence or two on our recommended installation procedure. People use 3M tape to install full width lips on their cars, so most customers use 3M tape for this, if we pre-drilled them it would cause way more problems than it would solve, there are 'nipples' on the splitter shown above where the factory, likely the same position as the OE splitters (if made?), recommends pre-drilling.

After your first email, you explained you want a full refund, with no restocking fee, that they were not pre-drilled (the picture will be changed to reflect this, though the text already does, not an excuse, just an explanation again) as you were lead to believe, and that you shouldn't have waited so long for shipping. The picture, we simply didn't really notice it to be with the holes drilled. We shouldn't have mistakes like that, but since it's a less than commonly sold product, it got overlooked, sorry.

Our reply was explaining that we don't have them pre-drilled, that the flaws would be completely hidden unless removed from the car after installation, we also included our return address at the top of this email. We answered your issue, explained how we felt, and offered the refund. The next email was you asking for a full shipping and handling refund. That just is not our policy, sorry that you're unhappy with this, hopefully there's something we can do about this in the near future, but honestly it's rarely come up as an issue. We were not justifying anything, not attacking or badgering you in any way, just explaining our position. We are not, and never had mentioned, any restocking fee.

The walmart analogy was apparently not as clear to you as it was in our head. When you buy something from any retail store in real life, you have to go to the store, purchase it, bring it home. When you want to return it, you have to go to the store, and return it. That's just how we see things right now, we can't afford to, if you're still following this analogy, go to your house and pick up the products. I know other businesses do this, but they also make a boat load of money, to be honest, we really don't.

I understand you're upset and let down with the quality of product you received, which is why we had, and still have, no issue with accepting a return, we just need the product and we will give you a full refund. Sorry that the way we are going about this isn't the way you prefer, but again, we replied in one email explaining everything and offered the refund as you requested, as soon as we get the splitters in we will process the refund.

Sorry again, for letting down your expectations.
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc is offline   Reply With Quote