E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
ModBargains III
Sponsor

My Ride: E46
ModBargains.com l ST V1 Coilovers | Your Inexpensive Solution to Coilovers!

ModBargains.com is proud to present to the E46fanatics community the ST V1 Coilovers. Looking for that perfect balance between comfort and performance, styling, and handling without sacrificing ride quality and comfort? Your search is over, from the company that brought you the KW V1, V2, and V3, we have the perfect ST Coilover to suit your needs. Coilovers are the BEST suspension solution for aftermarket applications, simply because all of the parts are designed to compliment and function perfectly with each other. As opposed to playing the guessing game of buying springs and shocks separate.

Questions? Need Help? Give me a call here at 714-582-330 x 8002 or ask for Jurrian

ST Variant 1:
When it comes to choosing the perfect coilover, don't be cheap, do it right the first time; choose ST height adjustable Variant 1 Coilover Kits. Fully threaded shock bodies will enable you to customize your ride height for that aggressive stance that you've always wanted, without sacrificing safety, functionality, or driving performance. Each application is expertly engineered, designed, and test under road and of course track conditions in Europe to guarantee it meets and exceeds the Highest Quality Standards of the German TÜV.

Galvanized Steel:
Coming from the makers of KW suspension systems the only main difference between the ST Variant 1 and KW Variant 1 is the steel they use. While KW uses Stainless Steel for their shock housing, ST uses Galvanized Steel. However, this does not mean a drop in quality, durability, or appearance. Although coilovers that use galvanized steel are more prone to corrosion due to environmental influences (i.e. mixture of salt water); those in the lower states: California, Texas, Florida, Nevada, etc. don't have to worry about corrosion. Those in the mid to upper States that snow still don't have much to worry about as long as they do not drive in heavy snow conditions upon where salt is used on roads. to further ensure those with doubt about Galvanized Steel, ST has corrosion resistant zinc plating on all of their threaded strut housings for further protection.

About Coilovers:
A coilover suspension basically gives you a matched lowering spring and shock absorber combination with the added benefit of adjustable ride height and spring rates through a movable spring perch or perches. Coilovers are to your car's advantage by reducing unsprung mass, increasing suspension travel, and allowing the car to be corner balanced.

ST Variant 1 Advantages:
Matched damper and springs rates
Corrosion resistant zinc plated threaded strut housing
All around height adjustability
Integrated elastromeric bump stop
Self centering dust boot for insured durability

Applications:
3series (E46) 2WD Sedan, Coupe, Convertible, Touring
M3 (E46) Coupe + Convertible

Questions? Need Help? Give me a call here at 714-582-330 x 8002 or ask for Jurrian
BMW Wheels In Stock | BMW Intake Experts
Hours
: Mon - Fri 8:00am - 6:00pm / Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm (PST)
Check out our Blog for updates & discounts!
ModBargains III is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:26 PM   #2
ModBargains III
Sponsor

Feel free to check out our ST Coilover reviews. Here's one of them - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=14111620

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid90 View Post
Hi all!

Thought that I would put my two cents out there for anyone who's interested.

Today, I had the ST Coilovers installed on my ZHP Coupe to replace my aged suspension. I would like to thank Jurrien, Gilbert and Jason over at Modbargains for helping me out with all of my suspension questions and helping me to acquire the ST Coilovers. I would also like to thank Chris and Alfie over at Joey's Custom in Santa Maria for installing and adjusting the suspension. They did a great job and went out of their way to make sure I was happy with the install and adjustments.

Now, the results.

When they first pulled the car out of the install bay, it was slammed. And it wasn't even all the way down. As much as I loved the way it looked, it was just a bit too much. So we put it back on the jacks and raised it about 1/2-3/4". I was very happy with that, so we pulled it out of the bay again, and checked the measurements to be sure that it was even. After establishing that, they took it for a quick test drive to check for any rattles, noises, rubbing or "clunking". It was all good and tight. But one of the benefits of them taking it for the test drive, I got to see how it looked coming and going down the street. Just made me fall in love with the car all over again.

So, now I took the car for a quick spin. 30 miles later, through everything that I could put it through (freeway, high speed curves, low speed and climbing twisties, uneven pavement and rough road as well as in-town driving), I knew that I had made the right choice in suspension. It was tight without being bumpy and harsh, smooth without the floaty feeling and handled like it was on rails. Essentially, it handled like a ZHP. The only thing I noticed was that at low speeds in town (under 20 MPH), you could really feel the irregularities in the pavement, but I could live with that. I was worried that the suspension would be too bumpy and stiff, but even my wife commented that it was not too harsh and felt only slightly tighter than the factory ZHP suspension when she took the car for a quick run to the store.

Now I know that my stock suspension was badly in need of new shocks so you might think that this wasn't a good comparison, but I have recently driven a ZHP coupe that had not been modified in any way and only had 42,000 miles on the clock. That's actually how I knew that my suspension was in need of replacement. As for my modifications, the only thing different was that I am running the factory E92 Sport wheels which have the same specs as the factory ZHP alloys, with the exception of being slightly more aggressive offsets.

This weekend, I'm planning on doing a slightly extended test run to Santa Barbara through the San Marcos Pass (HWY 154) which is a combination of slight elevation drops and rises as well as easy curves which run along Lake Cachuma on the north side of the pass, and then long sweeping high speed curves on the south side coming into Santa Barbara. To me, this is a great test as it's not quite freeway speeds (55MPH most of the way), but still fast enough to enjoy pushing the car through the curves without REALLY breaking the law. Enough to really feel the car doing what it does best: Driving and handling the curves. This is SPECIFICALLY why I bought this car five years ago.

To anyone thinking of upgrading their suspension: SERIOUSLY consider the ST Coilovers. I do not think that you will be disappointed. Especially considering the price of these vs. a shock/spring combo. Very good ride, great handling, easy adjustment and the build quality is outstanding.
Hours
Old 10-21-2012, 10:44 PM   #3
nick0780

My Ride: 2004 M3
Any group buys going on? I want a set.
nick0780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #4
ModBargains III
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick0780 View Post
Any group buys going on? I want a set.
PM me for pricing, it's already group buy low in price!
Hours