E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1996 votes, 4.91 average.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #13181
jgold47
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Imported from Detroit
Posts: 1,267
My Ride: 2004 X5 3.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
any line after the fuel pump is pressurized.
Yes. the stores sell two types. It's confusing since one is fuel line. It says in the box not to use it for pressurized systems iirc.
__________________
Religion, Politics, and which oil is the best to use. Three things never to be discussed in polite company...

my about me link
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=791566

jgold47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #13182
Mango
e46mango.com
 
Mango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 25,720
My Ride: 2016 Lexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgold47 View Post
Yes. the stores sell two types. It's confusing since one is fuel line. It says in the box not to use it for pressurized systems iirc.
So the one you bought is for fuel, but not pressurized fuel? What fuel line of that size isn't used in a pressurized environment?
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:07 PM   #13183
WDE46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Old Greg's Cavern
Posts: 12,253
My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
I've posted this before, but basically I had autoparts store line leak on me after a year. One day i just started smelling fuel. line corroded away. (and yes it was fuel line marked 'fuel hose')

This also happened to someone else here. Order Genuine. I have lots of spare Genuine BMW fuel hose at home. 8x13
Mango I am not paying over $50 for "Genuine BMW" fuel lines. There is nothing special about them other than the price. Usually I am with you on buying OEM/Genuine but this one is silly, especially when I have fuel injector hose lying around.

Last edited by WDE46; 10-22-2012 at 12:08 PM.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #13184
Mango
e46mango.com
 
Mango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 25,720
My Ride: 2016 Lexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
Mango I am not paying over $50 for "Genuine BMW" fuel lines. There is nothing special about them other than the price. Usually I am with you on buying OEM/Genuine but this one is silly, especially when I have fuel injector hose lying around.
Eh, my local parts place sells one meter for $8. BMA is like $12. You only need half a meter at MOST and even then you'll have spare for days.

rmeuropean is $7 for the amount you need.

didn't do your homework, much?
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #13185
Mango
e46mango.com
 
Mango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 25,720
My Ride: 2016 Lexus
Part number 13537563456 8x13 Genuine BMW fuel hose.
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #13186
jgold47
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Imported from Detroit
Posts: 1,267
My Ride: 2004 X5 3.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
So the one you bought is for fuel, but not pressurized fuel? What fuel line of that size isn't used in a pressurized environment?
no I didnt buy it. Who knows, probably some domestic application from the 80's. SEems thats what the majority of these stores carry anyways. I dont recall specifically what the box said, but it was pretty clear that I needed the box marked fuel injection vs. fuel line. The tubing is nice and thick and stiff and oh jesus, sounds like I am describing a schwantz. If you get it in bulk from a parts counter, I suppose you run the risk of them giving you the wrong stuff (or not). I've got it on both my 46 and 36 with new clamps and no problems so far.
__________________
Religion, Politics, and which oil is the best to use. Three things never to be discussed in polite company...

my about me link
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=791566

jgold47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:30 PM   #13187
WDE46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Old Greg's Cavern
Posts: 12,253
My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
Eh, my local parts place sells one meter for $8. BMA is like $12. You only need half a meter at MOST and even then you'll have spare for days.

rmeuropean is $7 for the amount you need.

didn't do your homework, much?
Part 13537563456

I did search for it actually. All of my normal sites charge that insane price, except AutohausAZ which is still $21. I laughed at the prices and stopped looking because I can use my 5/16 injector hose I already have.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:42 PM   #13188
Mango
e46mango.com
 
Mango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 25,720
My Ride: 2016 Lexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgold47 View Post
no I didnt buy it. Who knows, probably some domestic application from the 80's. SEems thats what the majority of these stores carry anyways. I dont recall specifically what the box said, but it was pretty clear that I needed the box marked fuel injection vs. fuel line. The tubing is nice and thick and stiff and oh jesus, sounds like I am describing a schwantz. If you get it in bulk from a parts counter, I suppose you run the risk of them giving you the wrong stuff (or not). I've got it on both my 46 and 36 with new clamps and no problems so far.
The auto parts stuff that failed for me was the exact same dimensions and construction (at least visibly) compared to Genuine. Felt the same, looked the same. I'm 99% sure it said "pressurized fuel hose" on the side of the hose as well. oh well, it's replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
Part 13537563456

I did search for it actually. All of my normal sites charge that insane price, except AutohausAZ which is still $21. I laughed at the prices and stopped looking because I can use my 5/16 injector hose I already have.
Ask for half a meter. thats all. you need about 6 inches
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #13189
WDE46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Old Greg's Cavern
Posts: 12,253
My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
Ask for half a meter. thats all. you need about 6 inches
That's what see said
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:21 PM   #13190
jgold47
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Imported from Detroit
Posts: 1,267
My Ride: 2004 X5 3.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
The auto parts stuff that failed for me was the exact same dimensions and construction (at least visibly) compared to Genuine. Felt the same, looked the same. I'm 99% sure it said "pressurized fuel hose" on the side of the hose as well. oh well, it's replaced.



Ask for half a meter. thats all. you need about 6 inches
very interesting. Did you use new clamps on it as well?
__________________
Religion, Politics, and which oil is the best to use. Three things never to be discussed in polite company...

my about me link
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=791566

jgold47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:39 PM   #13191
Mango
e46mango.com
 
Mango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 25,720
My Ride: 2016 Lexus
yep new clamps.
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:04 PM   #13192
Beamer Creamer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 270
My Ride: 2005 bmw m3
Tested my stock e46 m3 in about 5 degrees celcius(

Last edited by Beamer Creamer; 10-22-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Beamer Creamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #13193
jaysuper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: fremont ca
Posts: 26
My Ride: Bmw 325i
Installed my led angel eyes and replacing my washer pump and windshield wiper.
jaysuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:57 PM   #13194
SLVRgrau
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bellflower CA U.S.
Posts: 39
My Ride: 330 Ci '05 ZHP
Ordered lower radiator hose and sensor coz (leaking), also ordered cabin filter and oil filter at Pelican Parts for my '05 ZHP... Maintenance a bit past due.
__________________
SLVRgrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #13195
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 13,119
My Ride: E60M
ordered an oil change kit, both belts, and an oil level sender. It's been bad for several years now, it's about time I got around to changing it.
__________________
NOVAbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #13196
Solidjake
Zero. Leaks.
 
Solidjake's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NYC
Posts: 30,179
My Ride: '02 330i 6MT
Going outside to clean up my interior a bit then getting a car wash.
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #13197
NightRaider93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: University of Kentucky
Posts: 1,315
My Ride: 2007 Z4 Coupe
I will pay you to turn your car into pikachu.
__________________
-Spencer

NightRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:58 PM   #13198
NOVAbimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: VA
Posts: 13,119
My Ride: E60M
I'm loving the Pikache46
__________________
NOVAbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:34 PM   #13199
Mango
e46mango.com
 
Mango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 25,720
My Ride: 2016 Lexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
I'm loving the Pikache46
i'm going to make mine DMAX edition....
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:10 PM   #13200
jaysuper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: fremont ca
Posts: 26
My Ride: Bmw 325i
Installed my clutch stop. Cost me 4 dollars. Its like a short shifter except its for the clutch. Cheapest mod so far
jaysuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2016 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use