E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #221
Cipri

My Ride: E46 M3 2002
Did you buy already the HPF ECU?
I ask because I want to sell mine and also the HPF 750cc injectors.
Cipri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #222
A4RingedONE8T

My Ride: Turbo ///M Roadster
Quote:
Originally Posted by basar13 View Post
Pro-efi is OUT !

HPF AEM plug and play ecu, e46 m3 ecu, key, ews, brand new engine harness for e46 m3 is on their way some other stuff will be bought ... Also a e46 m3 gauge (cluster) will be bought.

So when AEM infinity becomes available to HPF M3 owners i will be able to use it

Lets get it on!
So you plan on losing most features of the car just to run the M3 ECU? What exactly do you plan to do with the M3 cluster? Not any chance of incorporating it into the Z4 dash. Was this your decision or a promise from HPF to get your car running?
Old 10-22-2012, 12:33 PM   #223
HPF Kirk
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4RingedONE8T View Post
So you plan on losing most features of the car just to run the M3 ECU? What exactly do you plan to do with the M3 cluster? Not any chance of incorporating it into the Z4 dash. Was this your decision or a promise from HPF to get your car running?

Are you talking about the features in the Pro EFI or the Z4M ECU? Basar is tired of waiting on the Pro EFI to get up and running. He has a friend who has one of our Stage 3 Kits unlocked locally to him and they decided this was the best route for them. How's your guys' Z4M going?

Last edited by HPF Kirk; 10-22-2012 at 12:35 PM.
HPF Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #224
A4RingedONE8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Kirk View Post
Are you talking about the features in the Pro EFI or the Z4M ECU? Basar is tired of waiting on the Pro EFI to get up and running. He has a friend who has one of our Stage 3 Kits unlocked locally to him and they decided this was the best route for them. How's your guys' Z4M going?
Z4M dme vs M3 dme. Since the ECU's are different I'm assuming the M3 ECU won't communicate with all of the Z4 control units? Therefore lots of features of the car (non performance related) will be lost? Not sure where you'd fit an M3 cluster either?

Our Z4M is ready for dyno tuning sometime later this week. Base tune was done last week, car runs and drives now. Trying to work out a few last details on some tweaks to the stock DME to clear up the DSC and cam issues, other than that we're about done except for some cosmetic stuff
Old 10-22-2012, 02:15 PM   #225
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
Our Z4M is ready for dyno tuning sometime later this week. Base tune was done last week, car runs and drives now. Trying to work out a few last details on some tweaks to the stock DME to clear up the DSC and cam issues, other than that we're about done except for some cosmetic stuff
Nice! IMO I would've stuck with the ProEFI in comparison to the extremely outdated AEM.

EDIT: For this application anyways...

Last edited by Commanderwiggin; 10-22-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Commanderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:34 PM   #226
HPF Kirk
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Z4M dme vs M3 dme. Since the ECU's are different I'm assuming the M3 ECU won't communicate with all of the Z4 control units? Therefore lots of features of the car (non performance related) will be lost? Not sure where you'd fit an M3 cluster either?

Awesome news, that is as far as we have gotten... Can't wait to see the dyno sheet.

Last edited by HPF Kirk; 10-22-2012 at 04:38 PM.
HPF Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:37 PM   #227
xixixi
Banned User

My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Quote:
Awesome news... Can't wait to see the dyno sheet.
LOL, that's funny.
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #228
A4RingedONE8T

Quote:
Awesome news, that is as far as we have gotten... Can't wait to see the dyno sheet.
Has HPF made any necessary tune changes to the STOCK dme??
Old 10-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #229
basar13

My Ride: Z4M, R8, 525xd, STI
Quote:

Hi, let me answer some of your questions,

1- It was my decision.
2- As long as you want to use the m3 cluster you can find or create a place for it it is not my priority right now.
3- At worst case i may still use the stock z4m ecu for inside car electronics. e46 m3 ecu for engine.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:40 PM   #230
basar13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Nice! IMO I would've stuck with the ProEFI in comparison to the extremely outdated AEM.

EDIT: For this application anyways...

Using the e46 m3 ecu will speed up my process and hope to use the turbo on the car which has been waiting for months.

I could have gone for Aem infinity, i have the opportunity to make my own harness for Z4m but how would i know what was going to happen. I preferred to go to the known route instead of facing new prototype problems.

I have lost my hope on pro-efi with z4m ecu. Well of course you never know this may be solved in this month or maybe next year. I took my time and i had enough.

Even proefi works with z4m i still can go back to pro-efi and also sell all the stuff i bought with a small loss and it will be still better than letting the car sit for 6 more months maybe more.

Also when i use e46 m3 ecu i am transferring myself to m3 platform which will always have better improvements compared to Z4M.

For example when HPF relases AEM infinity i will be able to plug and play the new system. Of course if they still want to use the stock ecu.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:41 PM   #231
xixixi
Banned User

Quote:

1- It was my decision.
2- As long as you want to use the m3 cluster you can find or create a place for it it is not my priority right now.
3- At worst case i may still use the stock z4m ecu for inside car electronics. e46 m3 ecu for engine.
I understand you have waited a long time. Why not wait a few more weeks? Get this done right? Maybe the shop you are working with doesn't want your car to run on pro-efi or lacks the in house talent to deliver your needs. What are the chances of you calling another shop, that has the in house talent/relationship with those that can recode the stock DME? This is just my opinion. I also have no idea what I'm talking about. GL man, everyone wants to see the Z get love.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:44 PM   #232
basar13

Quote:
Trying to work out a few last details on some tweaks to the stock DME to clear up the DSC and cam issues, other than that we're about done except for some cosmetic stuff

I hope you can solve these issues but those "some tweaks" has not been able to be solved by HPF and Pro-efi for months...
Old 10-22-2012, 06:51 PM   #233
basar13

Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
I understand you have waited a long time. Why not wait a few more weeks? Get this done right? Maybe the shop you are working with doesn't want your car to run on pro-efi or lacks the in house talent to deliver your needs. What are the chances of you calling another shop, that has the in house talent/relationship with those that can recode the stock DME? This is just my opinion. I also have no idea what I'm talking about. GL man, everyone wants to see the Z get love.
Cheers,

I have never had anyone try to solve this issue on my car.

I dont have the budget to sacrifice my car to solve this problem. The car has never seen any effort to solve this. I waited for HPF and Pro-efi to solve it but they were both unsuccessful.

i can wait 2 weeks even 2 more months but who no one can guarantee this. It may take 6 more months and still go nowhere.

Thats why i choose the e46 m3 ecu and HPF/AEM ecu route. This is the proven method which is guaranteed to work.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #234
xixixi
Banned User

Quote:
Cheers,

I dont have the budget to sacrifice my car to solve this problem. The car has never seen any effort to solve this. I waited for HPF and Pro-efi to solve it but they were both unsuccessful.

i can wait 2 weeks even 2 more months but who no one can guarantee this. It may take 6 more months and still go nowhere.

Thats why i choose the e46 m3 ecu and HPF/AEM ecu route. This is the proven method which is guaranteed to work.
Are you willing to go into any detail on what pro-efi and hpf have tried and failed to correct? I understand this touches on some serious forum "rules and politics" As an outsider looking in, what exactly is the problem? It has never been defined, in all these pages? I think the information is invaluable to this community? I've seen Non M Z's running on pro-efi, is anyone willing to share some good information here?
Old 10-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #235
bmxpert86

My Ride: e46 TiAg ///M3
Quote:

1- It was my decision.
Good luck, I hope everything works out. My opinion is that I would of waited for the pro efi and e85 but I understand that you have waited so long and when it comes to modding you just want to get things done quick.

Switching out the computer and components is going to be a pain but either way the car will rip. Best wishes.
bmxpert86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:12 AM   #236
tikamak

My Ride: Z4M Roadster
subscribed.
tikamak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #237
PEI330Ci
58mm of Bliss

My Ride: 330i, 330Ci
Quote:
Cheers,

Basar,

Have you considered keeping all of the HPF hardware, and getting the DME custom tuned for your application?

You may find that the price of getting Mr.X to tune your car may be less than all of the changes you are looking at making. You may also be able to finance most of the cost of the custom DME tune by selling your existing EMS.
PEI330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:24 AM   #238
A4RingedONE8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI330Ci View Post
Basar,

Have you considered keeping all of the HPF hardware, and getting the DME custom tuned for your application?

You may find that the price of getting Mr.X to tune your car may be less than all of the changes you are looking at making. You may also be able to finance most of the cost of the custom DME tune by selling your existing EMS.
I completely agree except the only person I think up to the task is Nick G. and I know he would need the car in person to do his thing. Not sure if there's anyone across the pond that can tune the stock dme, but if there is someone it's a great option!
Old 10-25-2012, 08:12 AM   #239
PEI330Ci
58mm of Bliss

My Ride: 330i, 330Ci
Quote:
I completely agree except the only person I think up to the task is Nick G. and I know he would need the car in person to do his thing. Not sure if there's anyone across the pond that can tune the stock dme, but if there is someone it's a great option!
There is a guy, but the trick is catching him. He is in HUGE demand globally in the motorsport industry.

Ironically, he really does prefer to go by the name "Mr.X", but this past year he made a very public appearance on another forum.

Agreed, Nick would be awesome! But I don't think Basar wants to ship his car to Florida.
PEI330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:41 AM   #240
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI330Ci View Post
There is a guy, but the trick is catching him. He is in HUGE demand globally in the motorsport industry.

Ironically, he really does prefer to go by the name "Mr.X", but this past year he made a very public appearance on another forum.

Agreed, Nick would be awesome! But I don't think Basar wants to ship his car to Florida.
Is that appearance related to the S62?

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is online now   Reply With Quote