E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #21
dwoodland

My Ride: 2002 325CI
Yeah the process is confusing, I spent all last week scouring the forums on how to do some of this stuff. EDIASBAS, INPA, and NCSExpert ( as well as a few other tools ) are typically part of the same install package.

Since the Package requires all the folders to be in a certain place on Windows I actually had to create two separate virtual machines, one for INPA 4.4.7 and one for INPA 5.0.1 . I would recommend just running NCSExpert and INPA from the 4.4.7 and not even bother with 5.0.1.
dwoodland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #22
glhx

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330ci
To update this a little...

BBA re manufacturing is now repairing the ATE TEVES MK60 abs module for $250.

Plus shipping there and back with insurance. It cost me $300 total with a lifetime warranty.

The repair order shows the solder joints to be cracked and a component that was changed. I would like to know which component that would be. To just check the module is $50 plus the 2 way shipping totaling $90.

You should not have to recode your module since it is the original module.
They started repairing them the first of this year.

It's not back in the car yet. Ill update when it is
glhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:47 AM   #23
glhx

The instructions on the link you posted are for coding options. He starts out explaining everything, however, when it comes to coding module he explains that its too complicated for an amateur. I would like to know exactly how to recode a used module.....I found this

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1765680

Going to try it today

Last edited by glhx; 06-27-2013 at 07:10 AM.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:15 AM   #24
glhx

This problem has been solved. Used abs modules for the e46 can be recoded.

With the help of dwoodland I was able to get this fixed. The hours he spent figuring this out paved the way.

The link in the above post followed exactly will recode the module.
Then you will have the 5e1f code after that. Meaning steering angle is not recognized.

You then calibrate the steering angle. I used dis v57 to do this. I found 1 video in Spanish that showed this working and the steps. I will try to find it and post it.

Inpa 4.4.7 does this as well. Inpa 5.0.1 DOES NOT calibrate steering angle. But it does usually include dis v57 which does

After that. You are done. Total time was 20 minutes

Last edited by glhx; 07-15-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #25
farukh

My Ride: BMW 325i 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by glhx View Post
This problem has been solved. Used abs modules for the e46 can be recoded.

With the help of dwoodland I was able to get this fixed. The hours he spent figuring this out paved the way.

The link in the above post followed exactly will recode the module.
Then you will have the 5e1f code after that. Meaning steering angle is not recognized.

You then calibrate the steering angle. I used dis v57 to do this. I found 1 video in Spanish that showed this working and the steps. I will try to find it and post it.

Inpa 4.4.7 does this as well. Inpa 5.0.1 DOES NOT calibrate steering angle. But it does usually include dis v57 which does

After that. You are done. Total time was 20 minutes
Hi! I am having same exact problem! I tried to recode yesterday using the same method as http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...e-w-NCS-Expert except that I selected mine as E46. But, I do not get the option to program DSC module. Check out the screenshot. It does not show DSC at all :/

Update: I figured out that DSC is also MK60. I did code MK60 and it went thorugh, but my KMB for some reason still shows a different VIN, my DSC light is still on and I still get the code 5e1f.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	no ddsc.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	519889  

Last edited by farukh; 08-03-2013 at 11:42 AM.
farukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #26
glhx

Recalibrate steering angle sensor to remove 5e1f

If you did the steps above. Read the code and recoded. The vin should match your car
Old 08-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #27
farukh

Quote:
Recalibrate steering angle sensor to remove 5e1f

If you did the steps above. Read the code and recoded. The vin should match your car
So it has to be read first and then coded? Hmmm, I think I just pressed on code right away. I'll try again today.
Also, my INPA is 5, so can I do the recalibration with GT1? Thanks a lot for responding.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:50 PM   #28
glhx

Yes you can with gt1 but its buried in the software. There isnanyountube tutorial in Spanish that helped me. I didn't understand it but the steps made sense.

On the recode. The link above when followed exactly will recode the module.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #29
farukh

Quote:
Yes you can with gt1 but its buried in the software. There isnanyountube tutorial in Spanish that helped me. I didn't understand it but the steps made sense.

Doing it tonight! One silly question from the noob though, should the car be running or the key in position 2?
Old 08-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #30
glhx

Position 2. Not running
Old 08-04-2013, 02:57 PM   #31
farukh

Quote:
Position 2. Not running
Thanks I'll report back tonight on what happened
Old 08-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #32
rizwan1377

My Ride: 04 M56,LC 100,RX300
Send a message via AIM to rizwan1377 Send a message via MSN to rizwan1377 Send a message via Yahoo to rizwan1377
Re: I just changed out my ABS DSC Control Module and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by farukh View Post
Doing it tonight! One silly question from the noob though, should the car be running or the key in position 2?
I re-calibrated mine few days ago using gt1. Let me know if you need any help.

Sent from my Galaxy s4.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:12 PM   #33
farukh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizwan1377 View Post
I re-calibrated mine few days ago using gt1. Let me know if you need any help.

Sent from my Galaxy s4.
Thanks! I found couple of youtube videos, but they don't show the process from the very start, which is connecting it to the car. I hope I'll figure it out.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #34
glhx

Post how you did it
Old 08-04-2013, 08:33 PM   #35
farukh

Quote:

Guuuys!!! I f**kin did this!!!
It was not as smooth as I expected, but it is gone! After a year and a half having this stupid light in my face, it is finally gone!

Anyway, my situation was different from this one: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...e-w-NCS-Expert

I did have to recode the MK60 just in case with that method above (just in case). After I did that, I opened GT1 immediately, did the quick test. It still showed that the VIN is not matching, so I though, whatever, I'll just give it a try, so I continued with the angle sensor matching. That completed successfully. I restarted the car and BAM... the stupid lights still there. So I completed the whole procedure once again, but this time, I noticed that the test results were different. Specifically, the VIN non matching code said - currently not present. So I did the sensor matching again... Restarted... Lights still up!
I connected my CRP123 (kudos to jfoj for recommending that), went into my DSC and cleared the codes and BAM, the light turned off!
Maybe it was possible to clear the codes from GT1 (probably was), but this is my first day working with that soft that's why I did not want to play around too much
Thanks to all of you fanatics! Wouldn't be able to do it without you!
Old 08-04-2013, 11:01 PM   #36
glhx

I know how you feel. Mine was there for a year and a half s well. This job has been said on numerous occasions that it can't be done.... and we are finally able to fix ours and help others as well. Hopefully we can get a 100% success rate out of this.

Some of the replacement part numbers are unclear unless you get the exact part number that came with your car. Some from other e46 cars are compatible.

We need a list with modules from different years that will fit.

Last edited by glhx; 08-04-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:28 PM   #37
BDUB328I

My Ride: bmw 328i sedan (E46)
Very helpful thread, this will b a great help for me when I can actually get inpa to communicate with my modules. As of now I Can get the two black dots for ignition and battery but it will not communicate with any modules...
Old 01-25-2014, 04:32 PM   #38
glhx

On ebay there is a Russian who sells the package cheap. If you ask.....he takes over your computer and sets it up for you. I have a dedicated laptop for the car. He set it up and it worked great
Old 01-25-2014, 04:39 PM   #39
BDUB328I

My Ride: bmw 328i sedan (E46)
Quote:
On ebay there is a Russian who sells the package cheap. If you ask.....he takes over your computer and sets it up for you. I have a dedicated laptop for the car. He set it up and it worked great
That's great to know, do u remember how much it cost? Did u have to get a cable and solder 2 of the pins together? Or did the Russian guy hook you up with a cable? I saw that some people have done this but I don't really understand why yet...

I need to clear off my laptop then I will b dedicating it to bmw software, as this seems to b the norm..
Old 01-25-2014, 04:51 PM   #40
glhx

I have it saved....I'll post a link to it if he's still selling. It was cheap

Tags
abs dsc, dsc and brake lights