E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #41
RossGuy
E46Fanatic

My Ride: FBM
Just got this email.

2013 Spartan Death Race Media Challenge

As you prepare for the 2013 Spartan Death Race, we are pleased to provide you with your first challenge. The 2013 Spartan Death Race Media Challenge.

The 2013 Spartan Death Race Media Challenge is ONLY REQUIRED FOR FIRST-TIME Spartan Death Race competitors. This means that competitors from 2011 or 2012 who previously secured a media article about themselves have competed this task as a result of their previous media coverage.

For you Spartan Death Race Rookies, here's the requirement. Between Oct. 13 2012 and June 13, 2013, you must tell the world that you will be attempting the Spartan Death Race by securing a media story about you attempting the Spartan Death Race This can include a local newspaper or television outlet. We will not accept stories in small newsletters, personal website or blogs or small local running club blogs. You must then post a link to the media coverage on your Facebook.

Once you secure the article, email a link or a PDF of the printed article to our "Media Sherrif" Doug Drotman at doug@drotmanpr.com.

Doug will send you a confirmation that you have completed the media challenge. Make sure to save a copy of his email confirmation. If you need assistance identifying local media outlets or if you unsure if a media outlet will qualify, Doug is available to help. Simply email him and he will provide local media information and assistance. For sample articles from the 2012 Spartan Death Race, visit the Media section on our website www.youmaydie.com.

Since only rookies will be required to complete the Spartan Death Race Media Challenge, the penalty for not completing the task is more serious than ever -- the 50,000 lb lift. This is similar to the first event of the 2011 Spartan Death Race. You will be required to deadlift 30-50 lb boulders and other assorted items 1,000 times -- you will have 5 hours to complete the challenge. If you do not complete the task you will be eliminated from the race.

If you have any question about the Spartan Death Race Media Challenge please contact Doug at doug@drotmanpr.com -- do not contact Andy or Joe about this.

Good Luck,

Andy Weinberg & Joe Desena
RossGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:51 AM   #42
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
Wtf! That's some penalty.

Know anyone in the local paper?

Edit maybe Tim can help you get in print?

Random Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.

Last edited by coco savage; 10-10-2012 at 07:58 AM.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:22 AM   #43
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
I'll feature a story on you on the site if that qualifies.

Tim
tim330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #44
coco savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
I'll feature a story on you on the site if that qualifies.

Tim

Random Images

Quote:
Old 10-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #45
RossGuy
E46Fanatic

Tim,
Thanks for the offer. I've emailed them again to see if that would meet the requirment. They already shot down my companies website saying "Unless your company is the Chicago Sun Times this will not satisfy the requirement. There are numerous media outlets in the Chicago area and some who have already covered the Death Race that interest (check the media clips on the website to find out). here's an idea -- . How about a story in Crain's Chicago Business about how your company is sponsoring you in these events.... Make it happen".
Old 10-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #46
RossGuy
E46Fanatic

[QUOTE=coco savage;14802110]Wtf! That's some penalty.

Know anyone in the local paper?

Edit maybe Tim can help you get in print?[/QUOT

Haha yeah a $600 entry fee wasnt sufficient for them.

I've already emailed my CEO and marketing director about working with the local paper to get something printed. My company sponsors some off us here that do Tough mudders, along with my entry fees and travel for this and World's Toughest Mudder next month. So i'm sure it's in their interest to help promote the company and I.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #47
RossGuy
E46Fanatic

Just got this reply. Looks like I can do a story on here if all else fails, I have till next June so no rush . Tim, I'll PM you about some questions I have too.

"shoot for the bigger media first -- If you have problems I will consider this as a back-up.. as you will learn -- nothing the Spartan Death Race is easy -- we enjoy making your life difficult."

Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 10:18 AM
To: Doug Drotman
Subject: RE: media article

I should have no problem getting an article. But I did just get a message from a popular car forum saying they'd do a story. Will the site below be sufficient along with multiple links on our company website and Facebook?

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=928478

http://e46fanatics.com/
Old 10-10-2012, 09:33 AM   #48
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
Let me know, I'm happy to help. I think that you're even attempting it is bad ass. Keep the thread updated on your training, etc.

Tim
tim330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #49
RossGuy
E46Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim330i View Post
Let me know, I'm happy to help. I think that you're even attempting it is bad ass. Keep the thread updated on your training, etc.

Tim
Sent you a PM. I'll try to get a training blog together this weekend. I wasn't expecting to qualify for Tough Mudder so this has came as a surprise. The past two weeks has been two hours of weight lifting before work, then running, cardio, swimming after work, then all day run myself into the ground weekends.

Last edited by RossGuy; 10-10-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #50
coco savage

awesome!

Random Images

Quote:
Old 10-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #51
RossGuy
E46Fanatic

Just ordered my wetsuit for WTM next month. Work also paid for most of it.

http://www.pleasuresports.com/infini...xcel-43mm.html

Last edited by RossGuy; 10-11-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #52
CoconutPete

My Ride: E90 330i
Props to you!

I did the rugged maniac this year for the first time. I'm hooked. I'll do a few next year and aim for the tough mudder as an end point - I get off the train at the Death Race though.

Again ... props to you!

"Their" is a possessive pronoun. In a phrase like “Susan and Bill's car,” it could be used to to make a new phrase: “their car.”

”They're” is a contraction of “they are.” “They are” should always be able to replace “they're.”
-----------
Extra Credit: It's "I'm looking for an M3"
not "I'm looking for a M3".
-----------
CoconutPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #53
RossGuy
E46Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoconutPete View Post
Props to you!

I did the rugged maniac this year for the first time. I'm hooked. I'll do a few next year and aim for the tough mudder as an end point - I get off the train at the Death Race though.

Again ... props to you!
Thank you sir!

I'm not worried at all about World's Toughest Mudder, atleast I know when the finish line is unlike the Death Race. I've seriously lost sleep just thinking about it. The biggest pain right now is picking the right gear for the weather. Alot of people are saying neoprene socks and gloves but at the same time saying they were worthless.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #54
RossGuy
E46Fanatic

Just a little update. I had Tim combine Tough Mudder and the Death Race into one thread. I'll frequently update on training, gear, ect as the races come up. I'll have a friend of mine login during the race and update for anyone who gives a sh!t...or bored. I've been adjusting to a new work out and diet below to get ready and cut a bit. Close to what I usually do, just a little more thorough. I'm running a 5k every moring, stair running at lunch, weights and cardio at night, weekends are whatever I feel like doing for a change. I hate running and don't want to get injured training so I'm keeping the distance low. After a few hours of racing I'll put it on autopilot anyways. Nutrition, strategy, and gear selection are on the top of my lists.

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/nutr...ysique-6-weeks
http://www.muscleandfitness.com/trai...ysique-6-weeks

Gear so far are-
two new pairs of Brooks Cascadias
xCEL Infinity drylock wetsuit 5/3mm
2x Black diamond storm head lamps
2x Pelican mini flasher lights
Red Ledge free rein jacket
Still deciding on socks ( have been testing smart wool socks and injinjii socks, pants, compression, camelbak or fanny pack, gloves, and hood.

Last edited by RossGuy; 10-23-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #55
greydart

I love the Injinji toe socks. I ran the tough mudder in those and the Vibram five fingers and they worked flawlessly. They were full of rocks at the end but I had no blisters.

I don't think anything will protect you over 2 1/2 - 3 straight days...but they are a great.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #56
RossGuy
E46Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greydart View Post
I love the Injinji toe socks. I ran the tough mudder in those and the Vibram five fingers and they worked flawlessly. They were full of rocks at the end but I had no blisters.

I don't think anything will protect you over 2 1/2 - 3 straight days...but they are a great.
I seriously don't know how you guys can run Vibrams at these. I couldn't imagine running full speed in creeks with jagged rocks.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #57
greydart

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossGuy View Post
I seriously don't know how you guys can run Vibrams at these. I couldn't imagine running full speed in creeks with jagged rocks.
The Spyridon LS has a very effective arch plate in it and an all-terrain lug style. It worked extremely well.

I went that route because I couldn't imagine running 12 miles with mud-caked shoes, or swimming in tennis shoes.

I realize it's all personal preference but I was happy with the weight and traction benefits while giving up a little in the foot protection category.

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/pro...ivity=multiuse
Old 10-24-2012, 01:41 PM   #58
HellRaiser1

My Ride: 2004 M3
Ive done tough mudders, spartan sprint, super spartan, spartan beast, zombie run, urbanathlon, triathlons, and similar events. I have absolute no interest in doing the death race!
HellRaiser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:03 PM   #59
iverson2k10

My Ride: 2000 323i
Send a message via AIM to iverson2k10 Send a message via MSN to iverson2k10
Im signed up for Tough Mudder May 11 2003 in Boston MA chapter
Old 10-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #60
RossGuy
E46Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greydart View Post
The Spyridon LS has a very effective arch plate in it and an all-terrain lug style. It worked extremely well.

I went that route because I couldn't imagine running 12 miles with mud-caked shoes, or swimming in tennis shoes.

I realize it's all personal preference but I was happy with the weight and traction benefits while giving up a little in the foot protection category.

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/pro...ivity=multiuse
True. They do weigh you down for a few min out of the water. I've had alot of feet problems this past year going from 9.5 to 10.5-11 shoes (I'm 28), so I couldnt see myself doing distance in them with my b!tch feet. I have a pair and do lite runs and working out with them. I saw some pics of people doing WTM last year in Vibrams..... nuts.

Last edited by RossGuy; 10-24-2012 at 02:11 PM.