E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 08:05 AM   #781
mo_tattoo

My Ride: e39 530d -03
reverse cam problems

I have had my dvn d99 e39a for a week and it has worked fine, but yesterday I installed a reverse cam and now the pdc pic of the car pops up every 31 seconds
and I guess that I could live with that but it changes to radio after the car pic disappears !
I thought that the problem had to do with the fact that I connected the cams power to the license plate lamp, but I reconnected it to the reverse light now instead and it didnīt help...
I dont have pdc sensors anyway so just inactivating the pdc all together sounds best to me, is that possible?
mo_tattoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #782
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
This has been covered a few spots in these threads, you have a E39.....the E39 does a diagnostic check of the lighting circuits with a low voltage signal.....that low voltage is triggering the dynavin's reverse function. The fix is to install a relay on the reverse wire to isolate the head unit from the low voltage signals.

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 10-08-2012 at 11:47 AM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #783
apattee

My Ride: 2005 BMW 325CI
Hey Jeff, I bought the D99 from you in March. I had it installed professionally from a guy down here in Orange County. When it was installed, I'd say 2-3 times out of 10 the Dynavin wouldn't turn on with the car. Now, it never turns on with the car. I always have to manually turn it on. Do you have any idea what's going on and if there's a way of fixing this? Thanks for your help.
apattee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #784
J&T Distributing

sounds like there is a bad connection on the main power wire (yellow).....does it loose its radio station settings when this happens? Email me about this if more troubleshooting is required.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #785
apattee

My Ride: 2005 BMW 325CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
sounds like there is a bad connection on the main power wire (yellow).....does it loose its radio station settings when this happens? Email me about this if more troubleshooting is required.
Thanks - I sent an email to jtdist@sbcglobal.net.
apattee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #786
atbecstacy

My Ride: 2004 BMW M3 AW 6MT
Apple lightning to 30 pin adapter has officially begun to ship -- Can someone who has purchased one confirm it still works with this unit, while maintaining all previous functionality? According to forums, there are mixed results to whether or not it will work with the given accessory.

Please advise
atbecstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #787
ireked

Witam wszystkich

Last edited by ireked; 10-13-2012 at 11:20 AM.
ireked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:12 AM   #788
330touring

My Ride: 330d touring
Thanks jeff, your fix solved my issue

For the first time I played some music from my phone (via BT). When I wanted to stop the music the the stop button on the screen didn’t stop the music, I had to disconnect the phone to stop the music. Is this a HTC(phone) or D99 issue?

Is there a page on the D99 where one can delete paired phones that will not longer be used in the car?

Can several phones be connected(BT) to the D99 at the same time?

Cheers
ojo
330touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #789
J&T Distributing

In general if you are streaming via bluetooth you will be selecting music FROM your phone. On a lot of phones the track buttons will work as well but it will vary by phone. No need to delete phones on the dynavin. Delete them on the phone. The dynavin will only automatically connect to one phone at once, if you swap back and forth you will need to press the connect button from your phone but wont have to repair them.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #790
dsears00

My Ride: 330i
I'm hoping the community can help me track down a post I can't seem to find again. I've contacted Jeff and he remembers the post too, but neither of us can remember where we saw it. It's a post about how to connect the Dynavin head unit to the stock OEM GPS antenna that is under the rear parcel shelf for cars that came with OEM nav. I believe it was a single post describing how to do it and had a link to the connector that is needed to perform it. Does this ring a bell for anyone? I appreciate any help. Thanks.
dsears00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:26 PM   #791
ViperZ

My Ride: 1992 325i & 2006 M3
Just wanted to give a shout out to Jeff at J&T Distributing for all his hard work and great support!

ViperZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:40 AM   #792
Delu

My Ride: BMW 325 CI
Hey guys,

I haven't read all 40 pages of this thread and apologize if these are repeat questions:

1. How is the screen. I currently have an AVIC N2 and looking at the function of this unit and I love it. I know this units resolution is 800*480 while N2 is 1440 * 234. Anyone have any complaints about the screen?

2. Can this play Divx?

Thanks
Delu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:29 AM   #793
ultrakidd

My Ride: 2001 325ci
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrakidd
Hello Jeff, i want to ask about my D99

Since i didn't install a camera on my Dynavin, I was a little annoyed with the 'PDC-OSD' display when I reverse, because when the display came up, there was no sound at all, it just goes mute.. how to keep that PDC-OSD display to not show up? because I want when I go reverse, the music played from my ipod stay sound
contact your dealer and ask for the ibus box software that removes the PDC function
Hmmm what do you mean with the 'ibus box software'?
Does it mean about a software that is need to be installed in android/radio side? Means nothing to do with the 'rear camera-in' wires behind the Dynavin unit? Where i can get that software if i want to have by myself

sorry for a lot of questions cos' I was really a newbie in dynavin world, especially, since my dealer also didn't understand about this issue, so, I don't have anywhere else to ask than to you, thanks for your consideration

Last edited by ultrakidd; 11-10-2012 at 02:30 AM.
ultrakidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #794
hbnagji

My Ride: 330ci
HELP - D99 unit acting crazy

Hello guys,
I own a D99 - e46 unit which I bought and installed in January this year. Everything was working fine until a couple of days ago when I noticed my navigation stop working. I.e. every time I hit the NAV button or try and enter the navigation module from the touch interface, the screen just goes blank. I tried resetting the system several times but that didn't help . I've also noticed that the annoying PDC screen (when in reverse) started showing the obstruction lines as if my car has the sensors installed when it doesnt. I dont know whats going on, has anyone come across these issues before? has something in the software gone corrupt??

Any help is much appreciated.

H
hbnagji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #795
J&T Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrakidd View Post
Hmmm what do you mean with the 'ibus box software'?
Does it mean about a software that is need to be installed in android/radio side? Means nothing to do with the 'rear camera-in' wires behind the Dynavin unit? Where i can get that software if i want to have by myself

sorry for a lot of questions cos' I was really a newbie in dynavin world, especially, since my dealer also didn't understand about this issue, so, I don't have anywhere else to ask than to you, thanks for your consideration
your dealer needs to ask dynavin about this, all they need to do is ask for the ibus software that removes the PDC function. I cant believe the guys who are selling these units but know nothing about them.....or act like they dont....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbnagji View Post
Hello guys,
I own a D99 - e46 unit which I bought and installed in January this year. Everything was working fine until a couple of days ago when I noticed my navigation stop working. I.e. every time I hit the NAV button or try and enter the navigation module from the touch interface, the screen just goes blank. I tried resetting the system several times but that didn't help . I've also noticed that the annoying PDC screen (when in reverse) started showing the obstruction lines as if my car has the sensors installed when it doesnt. I dont know whats going on, has anyone come across these issues before? has something in the software gone corrupt??

Any help is much appreciated.

H
Try disconnecting power overnight and see if that makes any difference, if it doesnt your unit has issues...no easy answers on this one....contact your dealer for help.

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 11-13-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #796
hbnagji

My Ride: 330ci
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for getting back to me. I bought this unit from ebay (ebay dealer icecoldedition)....I've contacted them because they did mention there is a 1year warranty on this, I just hope someone gets back to me

H
hbnagji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #797
J&T Distributing

they go under a few different names on ebay...good luck, I hope they take care of you.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:41 AM   #798
ultrakidd

My Ride: 2001 325ci
Quote:
your dealer needs to ask dynavin about this, all they need to do is ask for the ibus software that removes the PDC function. I cant believe the guys who are selling these units but know nothing about them.....or act like they dont....
Ahhh.. i see, btw i already contact dynavin via their email, i hope they reply soon

btw, i still have one thing that makes me wonder, does Dynavin D95 has an Android version? because I'm really curious, what version of dynavin I have, on my dynavin box just just written "DVN-E46-AD"
so is it D95 or D99?? but i think my dynavin aren't D99+ version, since i bought it on september 2012
ultrakidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:50 AM   #799
Pahkis

My Ride: E46 330D
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbnagji View Post
Hello guys,
I own a D99 - e46 unit which I bought and installed in January this year. Everything was working fine until a couple of days ago when I noticed my navigation stop working. I.e. every time I hit the NAV button or try and enter the navigation module from the touch interface, the screen just goes blank.

H
Hi! I've been having the exact same problem with my D99 E46 unit for a while now. It was really the same for me, everything was working fine until a couple of months ago I started having problems with the NAV side. Disconnecting the device helped a couple of times but right now that doesn't help either. Actually at the moment my situation is that the NAV module doesn't show the blank screen but instead there's a screen with a blue background with "welcome to navigation system" text there. So far I have had no reply from Dynavin (I bought the unit directly from their web store) and I e-mailed them a while ago. I guess I have to send them a new e-mail because this is a little bit frustrating.
Pahkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:49 AM   #800
snownh2o2

My Ride: LT
SD card specs/limitations

Does any know the specifics for the Nav side SD card? Read/write speeds (class), max size (32Gb?), non-HCSD(?), .....

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited by snownh2o2; 11-20-2012 at 10:50 AM.
snownh2o2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d90, d95, d98, d99, d99 navigation system, dynavin, dynavin android, dynavin d99