E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 09:11 AM   #1
Coolnightblues

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Projector Lights Without Angel/Halo Lights

Hey

I have a 2001 330CI and at one time Depo was selling projector headlights without the halo's and I haven't been able to find them since. I love the halo, but not a fan of it being on an E46, considering it didn't come factory. If there is still a company that makes the lights without halo, please let me know. Thanks guys.
Coolnightblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #2
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Depos are crap. Search for morimoto projector retrofit on the forums.

And you're in Atlanta. The retrofitsource.com is located here. You can visit their office. They're actually very helpful.

Last edited by choxor; 10-26-2012 at 09:34 AM.
choxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
Mike.Santos999

My Ride: BMW E46
Depos are crap or you think they are crap? What Iam getting at is please explain why Depos are crap in your opinion.
And share your technical expertise on lighting
Thanks

Sent from my Android using Bimmer App

---------------------------------

Regards,
Mike
The SCTEX Midnight Driver
Mike.Santos999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:15 AM   #4
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Because I've researched it. I've seen the pictures. Plus it's common knowledge on the forums. The cutoff is terrible. The light output is terrible. They're cheap for a reason. Ask Jake what he thinks about them.

If you're going to change your headlights either go OEM or retrofit. I know mango will disagree with me on the retrofits, but I had the morimoto's on my old E46 and the light was great and the cutoff was crisp.

Bought it from theretrofit's office in person. Asked for "E46 morimoto projector kit" and the guy knew exactly what I wanted. Didn't even say BMW. He even came back with an E46 headlight and went over the install with me. OP, since you're in Atlanta this is going to be your best bet.

Mike, they also have an online store. www.theretrofitsource.com

Last edited by choxor; 10-26-2012 at 01:54 PM.
choxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:28 AM   #5
Mike.Santos999

My Ride: BMW E46
Thanks. I'm now based in Asia but constantly travel. Atlanta isn't on my itinerary but I can ask my friend after I google your recomm

Regards,
Mike
The SCTEX Midnight Driver
Mike.Santos999 is offline   Reply With Quote