E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
JakeR

My Ride: 2006 M3
Jake's 60-130 - 5.6 seconds w/ 0 Decline

Still need final verification but here it is .... PUMPED!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5.607 verified.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	475745  
JakeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
AirFrcd

My Ride: Mfizzle, and GT-R
Jake: this is so impressive. What tire/wheel setup are you running?
Philippians 4:13

AirFrcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #3
JakeR

Just put on today, MT 305 18 35, CCW wheels
Old 10-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #4
M5chas

My Ride: e90 m3 + cornfed gtr
Congrats Jake!! And that is a verified and legit run!
Old 10-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #5
AirFrcd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeR View Post
Just put on today, MT 305 18 35, CCW wheels
What size wheel/offset; also, any fender rolling?

Old 10-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #6
JakeR

No fender roll, offset 38, 11" rim as recommended by John at CCW. Pounded out back side wheel well for about 15 min each side as was touching slightly.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #7
JakeR

I do touch on fender lip but do not stick out beyond. Ran 27psi for this run.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:16 PM   #8
AirFrcd

Good info; thanks Jake!

Old 10-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #9
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
Hey, Jake! Congrats on a super fast clean run. I am so happy for you.
So, 27 psi in the rears. How did they feel at 130? Did you see how they felt PAST 130?

And what tires up front? Did you need to pump them up to max psi like 50? OR just normal street pressure...38 to 42 psi. What brand and size?

How do you like or not like the MT's for DD? I have an unmounted pair in 275/40x18 I am not sure if I am gonna run or not.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:30 PM   #10
M3PTGSC

My Ride: M3
Wow impressive

09 SL63 AMG Designo,pano and whole nine yards lol
07 S550 P2 4matic-gone
03-M3-6766 DBB..Tubular manifold...
97-M3-
95-M3 SC stage 2-Widebody...
08 Gix 1k 08 ZX10R
M3PTGSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #11
JakeR

Did not go much beyond 130, but they felt very stable. I have had another set of these that did not feel this good, but this set felt as stable as my Nitto 555's which I was running b4 when pulled 6.0. A lot of folks don't like the Nitto's but I found they performed well and lasted several thousand miles, which is better than most for me. My fronts are Toyo RA1s 245s. PSI fronts for this run was 34. To be honest, I did not check them prior to run. As for DD, its not a daily driver, I typically take out only on weekend, great strees relief......
Old 10-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #12
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Jake that is so incredible. I recommend other M3 owners try the VBox out. It's quite a challenge to run a 5.60 and I think that is a record for a manually shifted and/or SMG shifted E46 M3. Did they add you to the lists on 6speedonline and m3forum?

Chris.
HPF Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #13
JakeR

Thanks Chris! Don't know if its up yet, I am told it is a record....
Old 10-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #14
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
Quote:
Did not go much beyond 130, but they felt very stable. I have had another set of these that did not feel this good, but this set felt as stable as my Nitto 555's which I was running b4 when pulled 6.0. A lot of folks don't like the Nitto's but I found they performed well and lasted several thousand miles, which is better than most for me. My fronts are Toyo RA1s 245s. PSI fronts for this run was 34. To be honest, I did not check them prior to run. As for DD, its not a daily driver, I typically take out only on weekend, great strees relief......

Congrats on the record! I did not know.

Ah, 245's. yes, that should give you less rolling resistance than 265's.
If you ever want to break your own record it would not hurt to pump your fronts up a good bit in psi. 34 is fairly low. You can run max psi in the wheels for a pull or at least 40 to 42 psi which is working street pressure for SOME guys. I run what ever the max is for my fronts at the drag strip...about 50psi IIRC. I dont know what value is attained by doing that. Our Ozzie member can probably shed light on that. It is on his list of things to do for strip prep. Same would apply for pulls I imagine?

You say Nitto 555's? Not the "r's"? That is a normal street tire. And your MT's were just as stable? Interesting. It might have something to do with your MT's side wall height not being overly tall. Some guys complain bitterly of gross instability at speed with MT's...those must be ones with high side walls. I can not think of any other reason.

So, you can PUNCH your accelerator when you use MT's on a 60-130 pull? No spin at all? Cool! Great sicking ability!

Because you shared your experiences will no doubt help future owners lay down solid 60 to 130 times with their cars. Thanks so much for posting!

Last edited by Bdave; 10-28-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Bdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #15
JakeR

Update - MT Tires

Wanted to provide an update. My run was done with a brand new set of MT Et Streets 18 305s. My prior set of MTs which I ran in the spring 12' gave amazing traction for less than 200 miles, but then showed a condtion across the tread that looked like someone took a cheeze grader to them. They still had plenty of tread depth but the strange wear pattern caused them to have essentially no traction. I sent pics around at the time and the consensus was that they were likely defective. I brought them to the tire place of purchase so that they could send back to MT for an opinion. Unfortunately, they were accidently put in tire trash bin and disposed of. I then decided to try Nitto 555s. As previously posted, I was very happy with these, not quite as much stick as the MT's, but close, and lasted for about 6 months. (They also gave me a 5.6 60-130, but i had no disk in the vbox).

With cold weather approaching, I decided to try MT's again. They produced the posted 5.6 60-130 (this time w/ a disk). The MTs' were brand new and obviously exhibited great traction on Sat when I did the pull. However, went out again the next day, Sunday, and did a few quick pulls and was sliding like crazy. Sure enough, checked tires and same cheese grader effect was starting again. I know that others have had good sucssess with these tires, but this is the last set I will buy. Going back to the Nitto's. I will send pics ASAP.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #16
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
Wanted to provide an update. My run was done with a brand new set of MT Et Streets 18 305s. My prior set of MTs which I ran in the spring 12' gave amazing traction for less than 200 miles, but then showed a condtion across the tread that looked like someone took a cheeze grader to them. They still had plenty of tread depth but the strange wear pattern caused them to have essentially no traction. I sent pics around at the time and the consensus was that they were likely defective. I brought them to the tire place of purchase so that they could send back to MT for an opinion. Unfortunately, they were accidently put in tire trash bin and disposed of. I then decided to try Nitto 555s. As previously posted, I was very happy with these, not quite as much stick as the MT's, but close, and lasted for about 6 months. (They also gave me a 5.6 60-130, but i had no disk in the vbox).

With cold weather approaching, I decided to try MT's again. They produced the posted 5.6 60-130 (this time w/ a disk). The MTs' were brand new and obviously exhibited great traction on Sat when I did the pull. However, went out again the next day, Sunday, and did a few quick pulls and was sliding like crazy. Sure enough, checked tires and same cheese grader effect was starting again. I know that others have had good sucssess with these tires, but this is the last set I will buy. Going back to the Nitto's. I will send pics ASAP.
I have the same cheese grader effect...I posted pics a long time ago too but here they are again...I personally hate them.

Last edited by Commanderwiggin; 10-29-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Commanderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #17
JakeR

Yep that's it!
Old 10-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #18
MSpired

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
Send a message via AIM to MSpired Send a message via MSN to MSpired Send a message via Yahoo to MSpired
CONGRATSSSSSSSSS! Amazing time!

And btw, all my MT's have had that came cheese look to them.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #19
JakeR

Thanks man. Yes, but with that look they have 0 traction. U can tell from graph that I did not spin on my pull. Next day same road, same temp, same driver, I was sliding in every gear including 5th. I couldn't do 60-130 in 10 seconds....
Old 10-29-2012, 04:50 PM   #20
MSpired

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
Send a message via AIM to MSpired Send a message via MSN to MSpired Send a message via Yahoo to MSpired
Quote:
Thanks man. Yes, but with that look they have 0 traction. U can tell from graph that I did not spin on my pull. Next day same road, same temp, same driver, I was sliding in every gear including 5th. I couldn't do 60-130 in 10 seconds....
I have a feeling that the MT's aren't able to handle too much heat, especially with lowered psi's. Just a theory as of right now that I will be paying attention to from now on.