E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #41
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
^actually, most of the girls I hung with in HS and their mothers (all of who came from really wealthy families) took basically no care of their cars. They were utility pieces alone...everything from 60k+ X5s to $100k+ AMGs. Drive the sh1t out of it, don't clean or wax it, trade it in in a few years. They didn't care...honestly, people take care of their cars alot less than people think

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #42
AfghanScarface

My Ride: Debadged M3
Send a message via AIM to AfghanScarface
I also have to agree with the above statement. Actually its all relatively accurate.

Females (for the most part) basically drive the crap out of their cars, not even a wax from time to time. You will find all sorts of receipts, hair thingies and starbucks sugar packets strewn about all over the floorboards. Almost all their warning lights are on, perhaps indicating some sort of catastrophé either in the near future or something that happened eons ago.

Next time you drive your girl's car, test the e-brake. $5 says that **** doesn't work properly. You know why? Because they like to engage the e-brake at the drive thru as their gettig their food and then forget its pulled up when they leave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer4Lyfe View Post
Either pursue her and risk getting Mono, or don't pursue her,...stay home and use your Mano.

It's either Mono or Mano .... You decide

Last edited by AfghanScarface; 10-28-2012 at 01:34 PM.
AfghanScarface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #43
adaseb

My Ride: 2002 BMW 320i
Fortunately I didn't win the bid on this car.

People were bidding like KRAZY because its a Mercedes Benz.
adaseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #44
AceDaKing
Chilly Willy

My Ride: 2013 M5, 10 M6,08 M5
Send a message via AIM to AceDaKing Send a message via Yahoo to AceDaKing
id pay 800 -1k for that thing, spend another 3-5k fixing it up and only wear all black with a gold chain and gold rolex when i drove it

no i am not joking
Old 10-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #45
AceDaKing
Chilly Willy

My Ride: 2013 M5, 10 M6,08 M5
Send a message via AIM to AceDaKing Send a message via Yahoo to AceDaKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by adaseb View Post
Fortunately I didn't win the bid on this car.

People were bidding like KRAZY because its a Mercedes Benz.
how much did it sell for, do you kno?
also how much did the bid start at?
Old 10-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #46
albeee

My Ride: Fit, Z4, XJ6
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy_99 View Post
WIKIPEDIA , did you recheck their source?

600SL AMG is the one you want , Real AMG top of the line. It had V12 in it at the time as well as other top end mercs.

This one is a terrible car not worth putting money in. Hope you passed on it
No you don't. This car used the same early M120 V-12 as the W140 S-Class. Prior to 1994/95, the wiring looms were made with a biodegradable soy-based material that biodegraded to a crisp due to the heat produced by the massive engine. If you didn't drive it, the rats would get to it. The best SL/S-Class from this era are the ones made from 1995-on; less engine issues, and, at least on the S, no more A/C leaks due to incompatible metals in the plumbing.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Bimmer App

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
stancewerks is for dudes who pick up dudes for a little stretch and poke.
albeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #47
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
^actually, most of the girls I hung with in HS and their mothers (all of who came from really wealthy families) took basically no care of their cars. They were utility pieces alone...everything from 60k+ X5s to $100k+ AMGs. Drive the sh1t out of it, don't clean or wax it, trade it in in a few years. They didn't care...honestly, people take care of their cars alot less than people think
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfghanScarface View Post
I also have to agree with the above statement. Actually its all relatively accurate.

Females (for the most part) basically drive the crap out of their cars, not even a wax from time to time. You will find all sorts of receipts, hair thingies and starbucks sugar packets strewn about all over the floorboards. Almost all their warning lights are on, perhaps indicating some sort of catastrophé either in the near future or something that happened eons ago.

Next time you drive your girl's car, test the e-brake. $5 says that **** doesn't work properly. You know why? Because they like to engage the e-brake at the drive thru as their gettig their food and then forget its pulled up when they leave!
Fair enough. Maybe it's a midwest thing with the older women. Also, I don't equate hair ties and receipts with poor car care. Warning lights would be another thing but, like I said, that hasn't been my experience with affluent women.

As for the HS part...I wouldn't purchase a car owned by a high schooler or college kid regardless of gender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #48
Jabboure36

My Ride: 03 540i/6
Send a message via AIM to Jabboure36
its not a real amg....one bc there was never an sl500 amg.....they had the sl50, sl55, sl60, sl73 amgs.......those were the only amgs in those benzes....they were also all specially built for certain people and i have yet to see one for sale....u can tell right away its not an amg bc of the 500....amgs only have 2 numbers...
Jabboure36 is offline   Reply With Quote