E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking

Suspension & Braking
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 2.50 average. Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #221
TX_Bullet

My Ride: 2001 325Xi
I just emailed them to see why this is. The funny thing is they are located where I use to live over by Reno,NV
Number of Destroyed Newb Destroyers- 1
The Mods

Power Flex FCAB
Much more coming.....
TX_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:21 PM   #222
W4rmachine

My Ride: oNe sLo 3twenty3
Send a message via AIM to W4rmachine
i think what kpeng is saying is "you get what you pay for"... so hay if you want too buy a unheard of coilover for $200, be our guest... it may be reliable it maybe not but its all on you and in the end you can't complain about the quality on the suspension.
[BMW 323ci] Mods: AA Supercharged C30 Kit | AA Gen 3 exhaust | OEM M3 front | Vorsteiner Hood | Custom paint Volk TE37 | GTR sideskirts | Hamann rear addon | HKS Hipermaxx Coilover | Voltex GT Type 1 Wing | OEM M3 side mirror | Autentic ACS Lip |
W4rmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:27 PM   #223
lllSupra

My Ride: E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
Yea i agree with you... my OEM exhaust sounds sooooooooooooo much better than my TSE3

anyone want to trade for this POS fart can?

Bahahahah! OEM BMW parts = meant to last for the longest time with limited performance. Not the best performance at all...

E46 for life
lllSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:21 PM   #224
PO-BoxE46

My Ride: BMW E46
I sent out a email to Raceland regarding creating a Group buy for Raceland E46 and E36 Coilover Kits. I got a reply back yesterday. They basically explain a group buy can be completed at a 10% discount for 8 or more coilover kits and the order can consist of both E46 and E36 kits. They both go for $240 a $24 discount. If it so happens that we get more then 10 People interested ill see if we can get %15 hopefully. The email they sent me is below.

Hello,

I believe we can do a 10% discount on 8 or more but we'll need the end user info on each item for warranty purposes. If you are able to do the minimum of 8 please give us a call sometime next week to get this order started. We're open Monday - Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm PST.

Thank you,

Raceland USA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PM me if your Interested serious buyers. Or email me at Po.BoxE46@gmail.com
Old 03-20-2010, 08:28 PM   #225
RAFF112

My Ride: 325ci M3 cbr 600rr
Quote:
Originally Posted by PO-BoxE46 View Post
I sent out a email to Raceland regarding creating a Group buy for Raceland E46 and E36 Coilover Kits. I got a reply back yesterday. They basically explain a group buy can be completed at a 10% discount for 8 or more coilover kits and the order can consist of both E46 and E36 kits. They both go for $240 a $24 discount. If it so happens that we get more then 10 People interested ill see if we can get %15 hopefully. The email they sent me is below.

Hello,

I believe we can do a 10% discount on 8 or more but we'll need the end user info on each item for warranty purposes. If you are able to do the minimum of 8 please give us a call sometime next week to get this order started. We're open Monday - Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm PST.

Thank you,

Raceland USA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PM me if your Interested serious buyers. Or email me at Po.BoxE46@gmail.com
The coils have been removed from there website and ebay store

VCSL Front 18/13 Spacers Full Borla V2 K&N drop-in w/custom tube LED Interior air horn BMW performance shift Knob Seibon Hood LED DRL Dynavin Depo corners RE rear camber arms and Vogtland Springs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusa55 View Post
I used to think love exists. Turns out it's a manifestation of insecurities and boredom.
RAFF112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:18 PM   #226
Blocked Out

My Ride: Imola 330i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by shady3one3 View Post
God. I've had enough of this. The next person who PM's me about posting the dyno results is getting a raceland strut shoved up their ass.

For the last time:

The materials and construction look perfectly safe. The welds aren't the prettiest, but they seem structurally sound.

Right to left the shocks and springs matched one another within an acceptable spec, consistent with other brands in the market.

The shocks are very, very soft. Softer than what was on file for e46 m3 shocks.

The springs are way too stiff for the shocks.

The combination of those two things = car will just bounce up and down on the springs. Which is no fun for ride quality, and certainly terrible for performance.

If you could get springs that were close to oem rates, the Racelands are probably a perfectly safe alternative for people with blown OEM suspension who don't want to spend much to replace it, and still have a nice drop.

They are simply not a performance upgrade.

I will post the graphs later.

Unlike the Chase's in this thread, I have seen the kit, held the shocks in my hand, seen the dyno. They are generic shock bodies, just like what all cheap suspension companies use. Using those makes production costs cheap, and involves virtually no R&D. The only difference between these and the other garbage cheap kits (DDM, FK, ST, whatever else) is that they are super soft.

For those of you that have Raceland and are saying the ride is close to stock - your stock suspension must have been blown, or you don't know what you're talking about.

For anyone who thinks this off the shelf kit is going to improve the handling or performance of your car, its not.

And finally, no I would never put these on any of my cars. I wouldn't put any of the cheap coilovers on my car though. I tell people all the time that the cheapest coilover I feel safe in recommending is the Tein Basic. But hey, Seth and I have about $6000 worth of suspension parts on our e46's so thats just me.

HA , in your face chang !

====>>> E46 Coupe Airbags
IMG_1725
Blocked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:07 AM   #227
PO-BoxE46

this is the email message i got today.

Thank you for your interest in Raceland products.

The E36 are available and the E46 we sold out of but will have in stock in 2-4 weeks.

Thank you,
Old 03-24-2010, 08:11 PM   #228
HardPark'd TT

My Ride: is parked hard.
Send a message via AIM to HardPark'd TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFF112 View Post
The coils have been removed from there website and ebay store
Quote:
Originally Posted by PO-BoxE46 View Post
this is the email message i got today.

Thank you for your interest in Raceland products.

The E36 are available and the E46 we sold out of but will have in stock in 2-4 weeks.

Thank you,
That's exactly what I was thinking. Seems like there are gonna be a lot of people running these now...

Bagged TT 225Q SOLD - e46 M3 SOLD - W202 SOLD - e46 325i SOLD
HardPark'd TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:20 AM   #229
bigjae1976

My Ride: A car
Send a message via MSN to bigjae1976
let's start a group buy

1. bigjae1976

bigjae1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:39 AM   #230
smoke96

My Ride: 2004 325ci
i just bought these and installed them myself. they arent bad at all, the rear is crazy bouncy though, i think the $300 was worth it for the front though. deff gonna need something stiffer for the back, feels like i drive a civic.

[QUOTE=Back2Basics;11538236]So you're gonna have your food delivered to you while you sit at your computer screen on the 112th floor responding to questions about dildo's and sex lube's while strangers fill your bank account to acquire the tools needed for their sick, guilty pleasures?
That's pretty ****ing legit man.
smoke96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:04 AM   #231
zugellos

My Ride: '02 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke96 View Post
i just bought these and installed them myself. they arent bad at all, the rear is crazy bouncy though, i think the $300 was worth it for the front though. deff gonna need something stiffer for the back, feels like i drive a civic.
I agree...although I don't mind the bouncy rear.
It doesn't bother me.
I'm digg'n the look now!

I got mine installed last weekend.
The suspension is probably settled by now, so I'll be making final adjustments this weekend to lessen the rake.

I'll need the rears to go down another 1/2 inch to minimize the rake.
zugellos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:06 AM   #232
lafabritto325ci

My Ride: 2008 E90 335i
im getting mine installed nto this weekend but the next!!!!
lafabritto325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:10 AM   #233
Riverbmr3

My Ride: slow 3
im thinking to order
Riverbmr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:36 PM   #234
ShiroZ31

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke96 View Post
How low have you set it? You may be getting out of the useful range of the damper, or riding the bump stops.

325XiT ----- 323Ci ----- 300ZXT
ShiroZ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:53 PM   #235
PO-BoxE46

any body serious about a group buy. i just setup a group buy on the max bimmer forum. raceland informed me they can do it for 8 or more kits. the link below is for the group buy on the max forum. most of those guys are e36 owners. all interested PM me and let me know. or some one get one started.

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...=128926&page=8

Last edited by PO-BoxE46; 03-25-2010 at 02:56 PM.
PO-BoxE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:48 PM   #236
smoke96

My Ride: 2004 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroZ31 View Post
How low have you set it? You may be getting out of the useful range of the damper, or riding the bump stops.
just a lil lower than the pic in your sig. im dropping the front completely tomorrow when i get my spacers on. pics to follow sunday night.

[QUOTE=Back2Basics;11538236]So you're gonna have your food delivered to you while you sit at your computer screen on the 112th floor responding to questions about dildo's and sex lube's while strangers fill your bank account to acquire the tools needed for their sick, guilty pleasures?
That's pretty ****ing legit man.
smoke96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:06 PM   #237
dexx_x

My Ride: 2002 325ci
Thanks for the thread Kpeng, it helped me decide that I'm going to go with racelands...
Old 10-29-2012, 05:22 PM   #238
sneakingword

My Ride: e46 325i 03
How about NNR coilovers huhhh
sneakingword is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wanna be mod