E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #41
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
This split is unreal. I would recommend it for anyone!

Found a very specific article on the strategy I made for myself with carb timing... wish I had found this before I went to the trouble to figure it out myself

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...lking_strategy
__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #42
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Got slew footed in hockey friday night... flew into boards and my left knee got sprained... I actually think its a vastus lateralis tear (inside bottom quad) but I was able to finish game, got some ice on it... had a charity road hockey tournament from 6:30 am until 5 pm, lucky for me they were giving out free massages, which helped a bit. When I am not moving around constantly it tightens up a bit, but I've been trying to stretch it as much as possible.

Incredibly pissed regardless, I'm going to have to ditch my leg workout completely for at least two weeks, and deadlifts are out of the question too I think. Looks like a 3 day split of back/chest/shoulders/bi/tris/abs until I feel comfortable putting stress on it. Hoping for a speedy recovery
__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #43
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Got slew footed in hockey friday night... flew into boards and my left knee got sprained... I actually think its a vastus lateralis tear (inside bottom quad) but I was able to finish game, got some ice on it... had a charity road hockey tournament from 6:30 am until 5 pm, lucky for me they were giving out free massages, which helped a bit. When I am not moving around constantly it tightens up a bit, but I've been trying to stretch it as much as possible.

Incredibly pissed regardless, I'm going to have to ditch my leg workout completely for at least two weeks, and deadlifts are out of the question too I think. Looks like a 3 day split of back/chest/shoulders/bi/tris/abs until I feel comfortable putting stress on it. Hoping for a speedy recovery
nothing annoys me more these days than injuries
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:30 PM   #44
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
rested the knee, missed a leg workout last week on purpose to compensate but was all good in hockey. Did legs on thursday, was pretty sore on saturday but went for my back workout... Deadlift was first up. Went for 3 sets of 5 reps of 285... on 4th rep on final set my lower back rounded and I definitely tweaked it. Pretty pissed off at myself, there was no reason to max out like that. Been icing it and resting all weekend, going for chest/biceps tomorrow which shouldn't hurt.

First time I've injured my back in over 3 years, so going to be a lot more careful now.
__________________

Last edited by dabears; 10-07-2012 at 05:30 PM.
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #45
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Two month update...

175.2 lbs / 16.8% bf / 56.8% WW

Been 8 weeks of training, hasn't been perfect but the worst weeks were 2 training sessions + hockey (injury limited legs/back days).

Using pics as reference since I don't trust scale. I think I've added a slight bit of fat to abdomen, and a slight bit of muscle. So far so good, happy with results (not getting fat lol)

Tried to take similar pics as last ones... too bad I used left arm instead of right this time





Btw I'm not hiding my face... not some hideous creature but everytime I see these progress pics the face is hidden for whatever reason
__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #46
domcreates
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sacramento CA & Washington DC
Posts: 2,072
My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Btw I'm not hiding my face... not some hideous creature but everytime I see these progress pics the face is hidden for whatever reason
lmao

It's true, why do people hide their faces? So we don't see them clenching as hard as they can? So others cant identify them?

I can't see your first pic but from the other ones it looks like you're making some good progress!
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #47
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: In a squat rack!
Posts: 1,834
My Ride: A sexy ass ///M4!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoooty View Post
lmao

It's true, why do people hide their faces? So we don't see them clenching as hard as they can? So others cant identify them?

I can't see your first pic but from the other ones it looks like you're making some good progress!

Camera real estate.....and we're generally only concerned with build/musculature anyway. Most of us have posted "normal" pictures in the member photo thread in OT.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 10-19-2012 at 01:17 PM.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:16 PM   #48
domcreates
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sacramento CA & Washington DC
Posts: 2,072
My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Camera real estate.....and we're generally only concerned with build/musculature anyway.
Gotchyea I think a lot of the time people might be making funny faces also though haha
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:31 PM   #49
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoooty View Post
lmao

It's true, why do people hide their faces? So we don't see them clenching as hard as they can? So others cant identify them?

I can't see your first pic but from the other ones it looks like you're making some good progress!
I just re-read... totally forgot I had attached a pic. Sparked my memory, only pic I have from that time period shirtless, may long at a hot springs resort in 09.

Found it! Definition of skinny fat



Ironic that my face is somewhat hidden

My bench back then was below 100 lbs
__________________

Last edited by dabears; 10-19-2012 at 01:33 PM.
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:01 PM   #50
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: In a squat rack!
Posts: 1,834
My Ride: A sexy ass ///M4!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
I just re-read... totally forgot I had attached a pic. Sparked my memory, only pic I have from that time period shirtless, may long at a hot springs resort in 09.

Found it! Definition of skinny fat



Ironic that my face is somewhat hidden

My bench back then was below 100 lbs

I love "blasts from the past".
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #51
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
When I saw my picture from a cruise a few years back I wanted to puke.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #52
domcreates
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sacramento CA & Washington DC
Posts: 2,072
My Ride: Jet Black 1999 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
I just re-read... totally forgot I had attached a pic. Sparked my memory, only pic I have from that time period shirtless, may long at a hot springs resort in 09.

Found it! Definition of skinny fat



Ironic that my face is somewhat hidden

My bench back then was below 100 lbs
More improvement than I thought!
domcreates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:06 PM   #53
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
When I saw my picture from a cruise a few years back I wanted to puke.
solly i'm sorry but I saw that one too and burst out laughing, it was more because I was amazed by the progress and how far you've come lol
__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #54
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
solly i'm sorry but I saw that one too and burst out laughing, it was more because I was amazed by the progress and how far you've come lol
the strangest thing is I don't even remember looking like that. I think the angle was awful along with not being in good shape to begin with. How did I ever get girls lol.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #55
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
the strangest thing is I don't even remember looking like that. I think the angle was awful along with not being in good shape to begin with. How did I ever get girls lol.
Because they aren't even close to level of shallowness as males, let alone e46fanatic off topic regulars

it was definitely this forum that first pointed out to me the fact that megan fox had a toe thumb.
__________________

Last edited by dabears; 10-19-2012 at 03:28 PM.
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #56
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Because they aren't even close to level of shallowness as males, let alone e46fanatic off topic regulars

it was definitely this forum that first pointed out to me the fact that megan fox had a toe thumb.
that is true. I wish I knew what I was doing years ago.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #57
jmcdolej
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anderson, IN
Posts: 565
My Ride: 328i-GONE ;(
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
When I saw my picture from a cruise a few years back I wanted to puke.
My wife showed me a pic a few nights ago. I could not believe it. I promptly added another round to my workout that night.
__________________

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...670&highlight=

The story of the "thing" in my sig!!!!!!
jmcdolej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #58
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
GF took a pic of my back, I really want to see the progress over next couple months. She was not very impressed with the task

__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #59
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: In a squat rack!
Posts: 1,834
My Ride: A sexy ass ///M4!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
GF took a pic of my back, I really want to see the progress over next couple months. She was not very impressed with the task


Looking good man. I see some upper trap development taking place. Keep at it. It'll be nice to see the comparison pic in a few months.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:07 AM   #60
dabears
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton/Vernon
Posts: 223
My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Need some help, feel like I've hit a wall for chest... and I should be making constant improvements since my numbers aren't that great

Last couple weeks I've watched my initial bench exercise do the following:

Workout:

Bench Press 4x5 (Heavy)
Incline Bench 2x8 (Moderate)
Dumbbell Flat Bench 2x8 (Moderate)
Dumbbell Fly's 2x40 (Very light, burn exercise)

At beginning of October, my bench set looked like this:

160 x 5, 160 x 5, 155 x 5, 155 x 4

I matched that same total the next week, the following week achieved:

160 x 5, 160 x 5, 160 x 4, 155 x 3

Now here is where the issue is... this is my bench sets for last two weeks:

10/22 : 160 x 4, 160 x 3, 155 x 3, 155 x 3

10/29 : 160 x 4, 160 x 2, 145 x 8, 145 x 6

I was getting frustrated at how heavy the bar was feeling, so I switched to 145 lbs and got the 8 reps (could have only done maybe 1 more)

My other chest exercises have either stayed the same, or barely improved (5 lbs max).

I'd like to stay with the same routine/exercises (I don't think its the problem?) but I might want to tweak the sets/reps.

Should I stay the course and just keep eating big, or because at 160 lbs the bar feels very heavy (160x5 = 180 1RM) I could switch to 4 sets of 8 reps of 145 lbs (145x8 = 180 1RM) which I can control much better? Will this help me get through this 160lb issue?

I'm 6' with long extremities, bench has never been my forte unfortunately! I try and tighten my core, glutes etc. and focus on pumping my chest up as I bench, sometimes curling my legs up to help with that last rep.
__________________
dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use