E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 06:56 AM   #161
cak323i
Modded ///Member
 
cak323i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: RI
Posts: 3,261
My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Looking good Brian!!!
__________________
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #162
JJR4884
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 18,170
My Ride: BMW
going to backread and take some serious notes.... awesome project, i'm so pissed i didn't get a chance to do mine yet.
JJR4884 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:29 PM   #163
Tiag46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,263
My Ride: e46
Amazing!!
Link to airbrush and compressor you have been using?
__________________
Tiag46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #164
Busabos77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: RI
Posts: 830
My Ride: 04 Tiag M3 E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by cak323i View Post
Looking good Brian!!!
Thanks Charlie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurreyF1 View Post
going to backread and take some serious notes.... awesome project, i'm so pissed i didn't get a chance to do mine yet.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean320ci View Post
Amazing!!
Link to airbrush and compressor you have been using?
Thanks! Here's the link: http://www.spray-station.com/HV3900.html
Busabos77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:12 PM   #165
Beamer Creamer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 270
My Ride: 2005 bmw m3
Look at what can be done with too much spare time. Nice job. Wonder what you will take on in retirement. Also why factory colors if going through all that work?
Beamer Creamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:33 AM   #166
Busabos77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: RI
Posts: 830
My Ride: 04 Tiag M3 E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer Creamer View Post
Look at what can be done with too much spare time. Nice job. Wonder what you will take on in retirement. Also why factory colors if going through all that work?
Believe me, I do not have spare time... It was motivation and dedication that I had to finish this. I had to work on this project every night till 1 or 2am after work to the point that my wife was already starting to complain. I wanted to keep the OEM look vs having something too radical. I like the way it is. Simple and decent!
Busabos77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:33 AM   #167
Busabos77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: RI
Posts: 830
My Ride: 04 Tiag M3 E46
Updates:

I woke up early this morning (5AM) and thought that I was up too early for work so I started to put the front seats back together... I am very happy to say that I am finally done with this project! I will take better photos this weekend once I have the car fully detailed! Thanks for all your comments and help! Surely this is a great forum to get help and learn things from! If you guys have any questions, just pm me and I would be happy to help you out!

SEAT PUT BACK TOGETHER






INTERIOR CHANGE COMPLETE! WOHOO!!!!






Busabos77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #168
benzovs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tucson
Posts: 138
My Ride: 2000 323i
Great job brother! I commend you and your efforts. Well worth the time it took.
benzovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:28 AM   #169
Yuko
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 9
My Ride: 03' 325CI
wow that looks ridiculously good! I'm sure it was worth the hard work haha.
__________________
Yuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #170
Busabos77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: RI
Posts: 830
My Ride: 04 Tiag M3 E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzovs View Post
Great job brother! I commend you and your efforts. Well worth the time it took.
Indeed! thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuko View Post
wow that looks ridiculously good! I'm sure it was worth the hard work haha.
Yes it was.... Long hours of staying up late after work! LOL! Thank you!

Last edited by Busabos77; 11-01-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Busabos77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #171
Beamer Creamer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 270
My Ride: 2005 bmw m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer Creamer View Post
Look at what can be done with too much spare time. Nice job. Wonder what you will take on in retirement. Also why factory colors if going through all that work?
Looks even better installed. How many hours total? What a dumbass quoting himself

Last edited by Beamer Creamer; 11-01-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Beamer Creamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #172
3ric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 24
My Ride: 06 M3 ZCP
You should post some before and after photos in a row so people can see the amazing job from begin to end on one post. I give you credit because not many of us would know where to start or have the guts to take the whole interior apart. Excellent work!
3ric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:19 AM   #173
Busabos77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: RI
Posts: 830
My Ride: 04 Tiag M3 E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer Creamer View Post
Looks even better installed. How many hours total? What a dumbass quoting himself
LOL!!! Between work and the days that I took off, I would say 3 weeks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ric View Post
You should post some before and after photos in a row so people can see the amazing job from begin to end on one post. I give you credit because not many of us would know where to start or have the guts to take the whole interior apart. Excellent work!
Thanks! I will post before and after photos once I do the photoshoot.
Busabos77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #174
nike001
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NE Pennsylvania
Posts: 998
My Ride: Fergo
Congratulations!

This is probably the nicest color change process I've ever seen. The leather & interior looks like it came this was from the factory, and I wouldn't know any better that it didn't if I didn't see this thread.
__________________

330i ZHP 6MT | H&R Sport Cup | BMW Performance | OEM Clears | Coby Wheel
nike001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #175
DSilk56
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 773
My Ride: M-3 Convertible
My hat's off to you. You did great work, and it looks fantastic.
DSilk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #176
choxor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,310
My Ride: JDM
Color looks spot on. Good work.
__________________
choxor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #177
MaddHatter00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: TX
Posts: 78
My Ride: 04 M3
Looks awesome!!! keep us updated on how well it wears. I know I'm interested in that.
MaddHatter00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #178
cak323i
Modded ///Member
 
cak323i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: RI
Posts: 3,261
My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
I payed Brian a visit this morning and can say from seeing his work first hand, it was done right! I was given the opportunity to drive his pristine ///M today and the seats felt great and the dye did not rub off onto my jeans. All the prep and work Brian painstakingly took showed here. Absolutely amazing outcome and for those who were skeptical earlier... if you were at Brian's house and saw his car in person, I don't think you will be as skeptical afterwards. Big props to Brian for doing this project and documenting it here and over at M3Forum.net. Thanks for the invite to give you a hand on this project and well done brother!!!!!
__________________
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l Status Gruppe one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets

Last edited by cak323i; 11-03-2012 at 10:48 PM.
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #179
Busabos77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: RI
Posts: 830
My Ride: 04 Tiag M3 E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
Congratulations!

This is probably the nicest color change process I've ever seen. The leather & interior looks like it came this was from the factory, and I wouldn't know any better that it didn't if I didn't see this thread.
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSilk56 View Post
My hat's off to you. You did great work, and it looks fantastic.
Thank you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
Color looks spot on. Good work.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cak323i View Post
I payed Brian a visit this morning and can say from seeing his work first hand, it was done right! I was given the opportunity to drive his pristine ///M today and the seats felt great and the dye did not rub off onto my jeans. All the prep and work Brian painstakingly took showed here. Absolutely amazing outcome and for those who were skeptical earlier... if you were at Brian's house and saw his car in person, I don't think you will be as skeptical afterwards. Big props to Brian for doing this project and documenting it here and over at M3Forum.net. Thanks for the invite to give you a hand on this project and well done brother!!!!!
LOL!!! Thanks for coming over man! Had a great time fixing our cars!
Busabos77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #180
Busabos77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: RI
Posts: 830
My Ride: 04 Tiag M3 E46
Car just got detailed today so I snapped a few photos of the interior!



Busabos77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use