E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #21
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Request the vin and check it here: http://www.rubmw.ru/vincode/eng/
Old 11-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #22
//Maxwelljuppercut

My Ride: e46
is it me or does the bumper under the right headlight look off?
//Maxwelljuppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #23
vandyboy

My Ride: 2001 325i
I actually thought those wheels might be 16"s - seems like I remember seeing that one or something similiar in a 16" on ebay.
vandyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #24
///MPR77

My Ride: 02 ///M3 Tri-Ped
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownbuckeye46 View Post
Sport package has sport seats different steering wheel 17 wheels lower suspension... I might be forgetting a few things but that covers the most of it...
My 2000 323i ZSP ZPP had 16" wheels stock.
It Had sport seats and the early variant of the 3 spoke steering wheel...I believe carried over from the e36 production run.

Like Choxor said pull the VIN.

Bewahren Sie ihre ultimative fahrmaschine
///MPR77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:24 PM   #25
TerraPhantm

My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
My 2000 328Ci came with heated non-sport leatherette seats, 16 inch wheels, 3 spoke steering wheel, and sport suspension... go figure. I always assumed the dealer swapped out the rims or the seats or something.. seemed like a really weird combo.
Normal for coupes. All coupes came with 3 spoke wheels and all came with sport suspension. On the coupes, the sports package only added the seats and wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheybe View Post
This.

And the M3.
Most M3s didn't come with shadowline. They instead have the matte black trim. ZCPs, Canadian M3s, and some special ordered ones got the high gloss shadowline like the ZHPs
Old 11-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #26
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyboy View Post
I actually thought those wheels might be 16"s - seems like I remember seeing that one or something similiar in a 16" on ebay.
They are 17". The 330 brakes don't fit in 16" wheels.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #27
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
Normal for coupes. All coupes came with 3 spoke wheels and all came with sport suspension. On the coupes, the sports package only added the seats and wheels.
I just found it weird that somebody would splurge for the bigger engine (2.8 v 2.3) and not do the seats/wheels

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #28
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
I just found it weird that somebody would splurge for the bigger engine (2.8 v 2.3) and not do the seats/wheels
Chase you been on here how long? And you think the 323Ci has a 2.3L engine
Old 11-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #29
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
As mentioned many times, all coupes after 2001 came with sports suspension and 3 spoke steering wheels standard.

What sport package would add are sports seats and 17" wheels.

For anyone thinking 16" wheels wont clear 330 brakes, its not true. There are some wheels that will clear 330 brakes although being 16".

However, the linked car has style 79 wheels which are 7x 17.

Sport package wheels are generally staggered or at least 8x17 all around.

Only ZHPs came with the shadowline trim. All non-m coupes came with chrome trim.

Some facelift 325 sedans came with matte black trim.

OP, that car is premium package(I see HK logos on the doors) but not a sport package car. If thats the car you like, go for it, as it is only missing the sports seat. You can swap them over or keep them as it is. But I would never give up my sports/heated seats. I'm bummed because I couldn't find any with the lumbar support.

Now just for kicks, dont mistake it for zhp because it has chrome gauge rings.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #30
TerraPhantm

My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
Quote:
I dunno, there are plenty of 330s without ZSP either - guess it just wasn't a priority for many. I know a few (older) folk who deliberately don't order sports package because they think it will ride a lot harder.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #31
daki_bmw

My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonracer4 View Post
Uh the sports package never came with the shadow line trim. Only the zhp did
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheybe View Post
This.

And the M3.
And...it was an individual option...at least in Europe...as was the anthracite headliner...so you could order it, well, individually...as the original owner of my car did. So my car is plain ol' 330Ci, thousands miles far from the nearest ZHP, and still it has high gloss shadowline trim and anthracite black headliner (on top of the "sport package").
Old 11-02-2012, 01:59 PM   #32
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trj View Post
As mentioned many times, all coupes after 2001 came with sports suspension and 3 spoke steering wheels standard.
actually all E46 Coupes, even the 2000 came with Sport suspension in the USA. just the early Coupes had the different "triangle airbag" 3 spoke Sport steering wheel prior to the later 3 spoke Sport
What sport package would add are sports seats and 17" wheels.
don't think the earliest 323i got 17" wheels ZSP
For anyone thinking 16" wheels wont clear 330 brakes, its not true. There are some wheels that will clear 330 brakes although being 16".
However, the linked car has style 79 wheels which are 7x 17.
Sport package wheels are generally staggered or at least 8x17 all around.
Only ZHPs came with the shadowline trim. All non-m coupes came with chrome trim. Some facelift 325 sedans came with matte black trim.
actually the base stock models 323i/325i had matte black, but lets not mix the sedans in with Coupe thread
OP, that car is premium package(I see HK logos on the doors) but not a sport package car. If thats the car you like, go for it, as it is only missing the sports seat. You can swap them over or keep them as it is. But I would never give up my sports/heated seats.
that year 330 got the HK as standard equipment from what i recall, even if it wasn't it was a stand alone option.
Now just for kicks, dont mistake it for zhp because it has chrome gauge rings. all 330 coupes have chrome gauge rings, ZHP just will have the Red needles and raised rev limit(have feeling you know that already)
see notes above in BLUE.
Sport Package changed in the years. Also between models so it's hard to put down.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #33
btownbuckeye46

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zell View Post
Biggest giveaway is the window trim. If it's not shadowline, it's probably not the sport package. Most people are too nervous to take the window trim off because it's really expensive to replace, pretty fragile, isn't well documented on how to take it off, and uses really strong clips rather than screws.

I'm fairly certain all 2-door coupes came with a 3-spoke wheel. The E92 does that as well.
False I have sport package 330 with chrome window trim
Old 12-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #34
wildirish317

My Ride: 2004 325Ci vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
http://bmwvin.com/

Easier to remember and it's in English.
Thanks for the link!

“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.”
wildirish317 is offline   Reply With Quote