E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Turbo kit or Supercharger...

4K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  Beamer Creamer 
#1 ·
I just bought a 325Ci and its got some power but not enough...what is the best option to amp my bhp and which is the least expensive. Plus if your selling a kit that will fit my car please let me know!

#2 ·
No turbo exists... well nothing easily acquired. Super charger from active autowork is your best bet. Its about $5000 along with all the maintenance that you should do before hand, prbly around 1500 in parts and junk.

Hope your a diy'er or this is going to get expensive...

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

#7 ·
^^ ROFL ok buddy look at it this way

How much did you spend on the 325

How much will you need to spend on preventative maintenance for the possible supercharger install, then the actual install for the supercharger.

You will need supporting mods to cater for the increase in power so that's more.

You want to get over 300bhp out of a 325? Cheaply? Good luck.

My comment was not "redundant" which doesn't actually make sense but good use of a thesaurus there mate. But my comment was actually providing you with the most logical and cost effective method to your question.

#10 ·
You make us teenagers seem bad seriously stop thinking that you're some kind of a whiney baby plus you make VAG enthusiast seem like hipster teens wanting eBay sh!t to go fast

But to answer your question
First what is your budged
Second what is your budged
Third what is your budged

#11 ·
Lol no not any bmw was built to go fast...clearly your lack of knowledge on these cars and attitude on here won't get you very far.

If you bought the car for $3000 then it's either a POS and won't last 1 mile after its been supercharged without proper maintenance done to cater for it which is $$$$
Or your lying about to purchase price to try and justify why buying a 325 and s/cing it will be cheaper then buying an M3

Either way you won't s/c it and are just asking the question with a wishful mentality, you do s/c it and do it cheaply and your car dies and you have a whinge or you do it correctly and spend all the $$$ on it and then realise you could have just got an M3 instead like I stated earlier.

#16 ·
ive turbo charged alot of cars. with the m3 price here it will be cheaper for me to make my 323 go faster than an m3 to buy one. but will my gearbox,diff, sideshafts and cluth allow it? no, it will be a hugely expensive deal. go for a bolt on turbo charger kit wich allows you to boost without opening the engine. never more than .4\.5 bar boost.

you wont beat an m3 but youll have a huge hp increase. this site can be very usefull the guys here helped me more than they know treat them with respet. a bmw is a performance car got good brakes enough to stop a boosted car with standard brakes. the suspension will also allow you to. you will need to upgrade your ecu aswell with turbo kit or supercharger. to go big youll blow your wallet go for m3.

take of your head gasflow it fit some cams and a piggy back system with decat performance xhaust should make you feel hapy or do like i do, turbo the vw and leave the beemer.

but thats just my 2cents

#17 · (Edited)
OP, go here. Also, use search button first. Or just scroll down the main page of the FI section. :thumbup: Or google 325ci turbo kit. :D

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=828666

:Edit: Your car want blow by an M3 but it will keep up with it on stage1. Maybe even pass if the other guy miss shifts. You will definitely beat them with stage2. But I will say it makes the car an absolute bast to drive. Even with just stage1. Feels like a brand new car. Any way hope this helps. :thumbsup:

#18 ·
I did turbo my gti but the frog wheel drive wasn't doing it for me? And I've already upgraded to fuel injection system and I pulled the ecu from a wrecked 325ci already and no I'm not BSing the price. This old guy who's my neighbor sold it to me for $3k. The bolt on turbo kit and tuning is only going to run me about $1200 and I upgraded to air intake and doing the exhaust next week. I could definitely push 440bhp without killing the engine?

#22 ·
Hahahahhahahahah a turbo kit for 1200? Where from eBay? 440BHP from a near stock engine?

Hhahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahaha

Yeap if you do everything you say, you will be "pushing" your car all the way down the street. But by the sound of your "knowledge" of cars you must be pretty good at pushing them.

#29 ·
Im trying to be nice so here goes.... How many lbs boost to get 440hp? Not happening for more then a quarter mile if that. Does this supposed turbo kit have injectors, ex hedder, guages, pistons and rods? I think you would have more fun selling it and dumping the $12000 towards something else. Or obviously you dont care if it blows up so just buy a generic big turbo and get the jeffersons to weld up the piping.Ive been through this many times and same as buying a sh*tty stereo and paying thousands over the years instead of just getting what you really want when you can afford. Well im sure you wont listen so then make sure you got the funds for all needed parts not just turbo kit b4 tax

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.