E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #41
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Thanks for the feedback Dave and John.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:30 PM   #42
AirFrcd

My Ride: Mfizzle, and GT-R
I'm very excited to see John's potential with e85; very soon
Philippians 4:13

Old 11-04-2012, 02:31 PM   #43
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirFrcd View Post
I'm very excited to see John's potential with e85; very soon
It will be quick spooling and LOTS of powa!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #44
being3
Modded ///Member

My Ride: Turbo M3 7168 27PSI
Send a message via Skype™ to being3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
I'm in with a Large popcorn with free refills .
Old 11-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #45
Bdave

My Ride: M3 HPF Stage 3
Hopefully John will fall in love with our M's from the E30 to the present. I heard that several of the HPF employees own earlier M's, so he (John) will get a chance to become even more charmed with our Bavarian car roots.

Then, make a STANK load of power!

HPF and meth injection will always be a trend because of world wide sporadic availability of E85. And despite some controversy meth injection does work extremely well. But I do see a future for more HPF E85 tunes with the advent of AEM Infinity Flex capabilities coming on line at some point.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #46
being3
Modded ///Member

My Ride: Turbo M3 7168 27PSI
Send a message via Skype™ to being3
I know as a Canadian (we don't get e85) I'd like to see 94 octane tune and 94 octane with meth as an option in addition to the 91 setup. Also with the 6766 and the tubular manifold top mount and qick spool and VE based computer with decent traction control. Also would like to be able to peak under the computers hood and have real time monitoring via laptop. probably a low priority with other projects in the works

Last edited by being3; 11-05-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #47
Bdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by being3 View Post
I know as a Canadian (we don't get e85) I'd like to see 94 octane tune and 94 octane with meth as an option in addition to the 91 setup. Also with the 6766 and the tubular manifold top mount and qick spool and VE based computer with decent traction control. Also would like to be able to peak under the computers hood and have real time monitoring via laptop. probably a low priority with other projects in the works
If you have the software there is PLENTY you can monitor via a laptop. I have seen it done..but just for tuning purposes, not for display only. I suppose...why not?

I didn't know 94 was so readily available. You should have that tune available to look at. Would it be hard for HPF ton get a hold of the exact same gas in Oregon somehow? Somebody would have to ship it in, I would think. Maybe ship the car full of 94?

Last edited by Bdave; 11-06-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #48
HPF Kirk
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdave View Post
If you have the software there is PLENTY you can monitor via a laptop. I have seen it done..but just for tuning purposes, not for display only. I suppose...why not?

I didn't know 94 was so readily available. You should have that tune available to look at. Would it be hard for HPF ton get a hold of the exact same gas in Oregon somehow? Somebody would have to ship it in, I would think. Maybe ship the car full of 94?
Shipping the car down here with his 94 Pump Gas would be the only way I can guarantee it would be done right. Even though John is here now we wont be throwing together different tunes all the time. If a customer wants a few extra pounds of boost thats something simple we can do for a fee. We will be rolling out the new HPF tunes with what Injectors, Wastegate, Turbo and other options you will need to work properly. You always have the option to ship us the vehicle to tune to whatever specific components you would like to run. Tuning is only "A la carte" if the vehicle is with us
Old 11-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #49
Bdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Kirk View Post
Shipping the car down here with his 94 Pump Gas would be the only way I can guarantee it would be done right. Even though John is here now we wont be throwing together different tunes all the time. If a customer wants a few extra pounds of boost thats something simple we can do for a fee. We will be rolling out the new HPF tunes with what Injectors, Wastegate, Turbo and other options you will need to work properly. You always have the option to ship us the vehicle to tune to whatever specific components you would like to run. Tuning is only "A la carte" if the vehicle is with us
When I bought my used Stage 2.5 (now a stage 3) I know it had a special HPF tune for 93 octane since Florida has it everywhere. It was good for a significant boost in power. That is a la carte tuning and I am sure costs a few bux extra.

One of the many services that HPF offers. They can do a higher boost tune too if the build will accept it. but then you run into automatically voiding some or all warranties. Details at HPF. Things may depend on just how much the boost is increased. The sales guys can discuss anything with in reason I would imagine.

IDK what a 94 octane tune would do to the warranty. Probably nothing, but ALWAYS ask to be certain!

Last edited by Bdave; 11-06-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Closed Thread