E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
ngillan

My Ride: Is in a salvage yard
New House = New Neighbors

So I'm moving into a 3 BR house this week (renting). I am really good friends with the lady that lived there before me with her 3 year old daughter. She told me that the neighbors across the street keep a good eye on the place and looked after her (being a single mother with a young girl in a so/so neighborhood I saw this as a good thing). It turns out the father of the house across the street is a customer of the bank I work at and I see him about once a week and am very friendly with him and he is aware that I am moving into the house.

First week of moving in:
Day 1: I pull in, mother comes outside within 5 min. of me being there and writes down my lisence plate #. She then sits in her car and watches me until I leave.
Day 2: I pull in and as I'm unloading things I can see the outline of a figure standing in the doorway (glass front door) watching me the entire time I'm unloading. As I'm leaving the son pulls up (with another guy, both are approximately 25-30 years old). I make direct eye contact with them and wave, they both just stare at me.
Yesterday: After work I took some boxes over there at 6:00pm it was already dark at this point, after I finish unloading, as I'm going to my car I see a HUGE black dude standing on their front porch staring at me (not smoking or anything, he's just outside watching me) so I wave and get nothing, as I back out of the driveway I roll down my window and wave again, nothing.

Not meaning to be racist or intentionally disrespectful but their background is unintelligent African American.
WTF is wrong with these people.

Just wondering what I can do to "mess" with these people, I don't want to really start off on the wrong foot with new neighbors (especially since the dad is a customer) but I do want to let them know that I know they're watching me, and yes I have read the "flood light thread". LOL

'07 328i - Montego Blue
ngillan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #2
T R E

My Ride: 2000 328ci
might go say hello and introduce yourself first.

and another E46 subframe defect victim.
T R E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
kaput

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Send a message via AIM to kaput
Get one of those laser pointers that can cause pain, and shoot it at them. They'll learn.

2002 M3
kaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #4
makecopies

My Ride: Gods Chariot
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngillan View Post

Not meaning to be racist or intentionally disrespectful but their background is unintelligent African American.
How do you know this?
makecopies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #5
xxcosmicxx
The OG Black Roof

My Ride: Long Gone
Quote:
So I'm moving into a 3 BR house this week (renting). I am really good friends with the lady that lived there before me with her 3 year old daughter. She told me that the neighbors across the street keep a good eye on the place and looked after her (being a single mother with a young girl in a so/so neighborhood I saw this as a good thing). It turns out the father of the house across the street is a customer of the bank I work at and I see him about once a week and am very friendly with him and he is aware that I am moving into the house.

First week of moving in:
Day 1: I pull in, mother comes outside within 5 min. of me being there and writes down my lisence plate #. She then sits in her car and watches me until I leave.
Day 2: I pull in and as I'm unloading things I can see the outline of a figure standing in the doorway (glass front door) watching me the entire time I'm unloading. As I'm leaving the son pulls up (with another guy, both are approximately 25-30 years old). I make direct eye contact with them and wave, they both just stare at me.
Yesterday: After work I took some boxes over there at 6:00pm it was already dark at this point, after I finish unloading, as I'm going to my car I see a HUGE black dude standing on their front porch staring at me (not smoking or anything, he's just outside watching me) so I wave and get nothing, as I back out of the driveway I roll down my window and wave again, nothing.

Just wondering what I can do to "mess" with these people, I don't want to really start off on the wrong foot with new neighbors (especially since the dad is a customer) but I do want to let them know that I know they're watching me, and yes I have read the "flood light thread". LOL

See what you did right there? That is called a major contradiction.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #6
SHOoff11

My Ride: 1999 Lexus LS400
The movie Gran Torino comes to mind...

1999 Lexus LS400 Pearl White/Tan
-RSR Black-i Coilovers
-Battle Version Toe/Camber/Traction Arms kit
-BBS Super RS Replicas (19x8.5 +20/19x9.5 +20)

1983 BMW 733i 5MT Schwarz/Cardinal

Sold: 1999 328i sedan Alpine White/Sand
SHOoff11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #7
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by makecopies View Post
How do you know this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxcosmicxx View Post
See what you did right there? That is called a major contradiction.

the cognitive dissonance is strong with OP.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #8
ngillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by makecopies View Post
How do you know this?
The lady that lived there for a year before me told me about them. I know the dad from the bank and the son goes by the name "cornbread" he makes his money by mowing the neighbor's yards. Dad runs a tow truck company and they have car parts scattered all over their yard. Not that this these facts necessarily dictate "lower intelligence" but they do imply it. I think I recall my friend saying that the son does have some kind of mental disability too. Kind of pisses me off though that I try to wave or say "hi" to them and they just stare me down and do nothing.

'07 328i - Montego Blue
Old 11-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #9
kaput

2002 M3
Old 11-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #10
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Are you sure she said "looked after her"

because it seems like they're definitely keeping an eye on the place, and they're definitely looking at you.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #11
ngillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
Are you sure she said "looked after her"

because it seems like they're definitely keeping an eye on the place, and they're definitely looking at you.
Its almost like they're keeping an eye on the house for the landlord or something. I think Cornbread is upset that there is a whiteboy that drives a black bmw next door now instead of the pretty white girl that he's grown acustomed to.

'07 328i - Montego Blue
Old 11-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #12
kaput

GEt a cardboard cut out made of a guy holding binoculars, and put it in one of the windows of the house... Shows them "you are watching them".

2002 M3
Old 11-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #13
13//

My Ride: is immune to modbug
Send a message via MSN to 13//
sorry to spoil all the excitement, but what does their race has to do with anything? Plenty of stupid, creepy people around of all races
Old 11-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #14
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
I'd move. I would not feel comfortable at all with the sorts of things that you say are already going on.
Additionally, I'd make sure that I was armed at all times, even inside your own house.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #15
Chris3Duke

Quote:

First week of moving in:

I'm having a hard time following. The people watching you are the people you described in the beginning, that were friendly with the single mom you are friends with, and moving into her old house?

If so, ask you friend to introduce you, or failing that, go over there and introduce yourself. IMO, having a good relationship with your neighbors makes your life SO much easier, ESPECIALLY in a so-so neighborhood.

You may be totally misinterpreting their actions, and they may only be shy. You should do everything you can to start off on the right foot...
Chris3Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:35 AM   #16
ngillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaput View Post
GEt a cardboard cut out made of a guy holding binoculars, and put it in one of the windows of the house... Shows them "you are watching them".

PERFECT, I already have a cardboard cut out of "the most interesting man in the world....just need to add binoculars!

'07 328i - Montego Blue
Old 11-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #17
rohde88

My Ride: S2000
Quote:
Its almost like they're keeping an eye on the house for the landlord or something. I think Cornbread is upset that there is a whiteboy that drives a black bmw next door now instead of the pretty white girl that he's grown acustomed to.
I too, am jealous of your ten year old car
Old 11-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #18
pakman3

My Ride: piece
Quote:
I think Cornbread is upset that there is a whiteboy that drives a black bmw
My Ride: 2002 325ci
Old 11-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #19
ngillan

Side note that I forgot to mention: there are people that live below me (basement of my house is a completely seperate residence). I'm going to try to talk to them today.

'07 328i - Montego Blue
Old 11-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #20
ngillan

maybe I'll invite my black friends over this weekend to let them know that I'm "down with the brown".

'07 328i - Montego Blue