E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Food Talk

Food Talk
Do you like food? If so, you came to the right off-topic section. Discuss your favorite food topics here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
crock pot chili?

anyone with good recipes?

Trying to make this over night tonight and wake up to goodness.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
smares21

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
anyone with good recipes?

Trying to make this over night tonight and wake up to goodness.
http://bit.ly/YS1TgF - best one I have found
Old 11-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by smares21 View Post
http://bit.ly/YS1TgF - best one I have found
people like you annoy the sh1t out of me. Obviously I can google it. I want first hand experience from people I'm some what familiar with.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: a franken-e46 325i
I read "crack pot" ... I am tired

[bimmer app/galaxy s3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #5
217Bimmer

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330i
are you eating it for breakfast? why are you making it over night?

the best chili recipes for chili in the crock pot i have found are to just wing it and throw whatever you want in there. meat, onion, garlic, green pepper, beans, spices, tomato sauce and paste.

don't think i've ever made the same one twice. cook the meat and then throw everything else in on low.
217Bimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #6
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 217Bimmer View Post
are you eating it for breakfast? why are you making it over night?

the best chili recipes for chili in the crock pot i have found are to just wing it and throw whatever you want in there. meat, onion, garlic, green pepper, beans, spices, tomato sauce and paste.

don't think i've ever made the same one twice. cook the meat and then throw everything else in on low.
If I wanted something for lunch tomorrow what time would I make it?

I will follow these rules. I just dont know what kind of spices to use lol. I guess I'll just follow something on google.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #7
accolade

My Ride: O||||||O

I don't use recipes, I go by eye/taste. Kosher salt, cubed bottom round, ground mustard, chili powder, black pepper, cider vinegar, shallot, unsweetened dark chocolate, ground thai chili, crushed red pepper, rosted round coriander, cayenne, yellow onion, ground ancho, garlic, poblanos, tomato paste, dark beer, white/pink/black pepper blend. Not shown (green bell pepper, cumin, chipotle chili puree, dried guajillo, dried ancho, dried chipotle, dried costenos, Worcestershire and chicken broth. I'm sure I'm missing one or two other things.)

Brown the meat in a hot pan and set aside. Using the same pan saute the peppers, shallot, onion together. Add garlic, then the spices cook for another minute or two. Deglaze the pan with beer, add chocolate and cook that until melted. Add the cubed meat, the rest of the ingredients, a touch of the chipotle puree and tomato paste. Add the chicken broth, until you get a consistency that is slightly runnier than the final product. I just drop a few of the whole dried chilis in the pot and let them steep in there as well.

If possible, take the cover off and cook for another 30 mins or so before removing from the heat.

I am assuming that you are making this for dinner tomorrow? Overnight cooking then sitting in the fridge is going to yield some dynamite flavor once it's reheated.

No beans, over egg noodles, topped with a bunch of mixed diced peppers and sour cream. It makes it a heartier meal for cold weather when it's over rice or egg noodles.

accolade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #8
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by accolade View Post

I don't use recipes, I go by eye/taste. Kosher salt, cubed bottom round, ground mustard, chili powder, black pepper, cider vinegar, shallot, unsweetened dark chocolate, ground thai chili, crushed red pepper, rosted round coriander, cayenne, yellow onion, ground ancho, garlic, poblanos, tomato paste, dark beer, white/pink/black pepper blend. Not shown (green bell pepper, cumin, chipotle chili puree, dried guajillo, dried ancho, dried chipotle, dried costenos, Worcestershire and chicken broth. I'm sure I'm missing one or two other things.)

Brown the meat in a hot pan and set aside. Using the same pan saute the peppers, shallot, onion together. Add garlic, then the spices cook for another minute or two. Deglaze the pan with beer, add chocolate and cook that until melted. Add the cubed meat, the rest of the ingredients, a touch of the chipotle puree and tomato paste. Add the chicken broth, until you get a consistency that is slightly runnier than the final product. I just drop a few of the whole dried chilis in the pot and let them steep in there as well.

If possible, take the cover off and cook for another 30 mins or so before removing from the heat.

I am assuming that you are making this for dinner tomorrow? Overnight cooking then sitting in the fridge is going to yield some dynamite flavor once it's reheated.

No beans, over egg noodles, topped with a bunch of mixed diced peppers and sour cream. It makes it a heartier meal for cold weather when it's over rice or egg noodles.

Thanks dude. I am super low on spices though so I will need to use less. I know i need to stock up on them but I find it so hard to spend $100 on flavoring even if it will last me 2 years
Old 11-06-2012, 09:36 PM   #9
Fisch330ciTopasBlau
Yes...I do think I hate you

My Ride: A car.
If I was cooking for more people I'd cook more but it's pretty easy to get a bag of pre-mixed chili seasonings from the store which aren't bad at all. You can add whatever extra seasonings you prefer to the mix too. I usually get the one in the brown paper bag packaging, can't recall who makes it.

I rarely make it though as I hate beans...and hate leftovers or freezing food, lol.
I really like no bean chili over rice and prefer it to a red-sauce for pasta.

-8/21/2007 RIP Grandma
-pessimum genus inimicorum laudantes: flatterers are the worst type of enemies

Last edited by Fisch330ciTopasBlau; 11-06-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Fisch330ciTopasBlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #10
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisch330ciTopasBlau View Post
If I was cooking for more people I'd cook more but it's pretty easy to get a bag of pre-mixed chili seasonings from the store which aren't bad at all. You can add whatever extra seasonings you prefer to the mix too. I usually get the one in the brown paper bag packaging, can't recall who makes it.

I rarely make it though as I hate beans...and hate leftovers or freezing food, lol.
I really like no bean chili over rice and prefer it to a red-sauce for pasta.
I dont even add beans.

I did it last night. Didnt take a pic.

beef, andouille sausage chunks, green pepper, red pepper, onion, can of diced tomatoe and a small can of tomato sauce and seasoning. I haven't tried it yet. I'll report back after lunch