E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum by BimmerWorld

Motorsports & Track Forum by BimmerWorld
From Auto-X to Trackday to Racing and Professional Motorsports this is the place to discuss making BMWs fast
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average. Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #181
choleaoum
Ceiling missing!

My Ride: BMW 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to choleaoum
How much you get them for and where at? :0
choleaoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #182
acpstunts

My Ride: E46 330ci / E53 X5
I got them directly from Chelsea Denofa, been waiting all year and got the last set! Price wise i dont want too speak on his behalf but it was under $300.00 for all 4. Will update u guys once there installed.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #183
acpstunts

Little preview

Old 10-19-2012, 05:54 AM   #184
Andreas///M

My Ride: M3 E36
is it possible to get som fender flares like that to a E36?

sorry the bad English i am Norwegian! :O
Andreas///M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #185
acpstunts

go on bimmerforums.com and go under the drift section. most the guys on there run e36s and they have tons of fender flare options. More so than the e46
Old 10-23-2012, 05:32 PM   #186
Beamer Creamer

My Ride: 2005 bmw m3
Lower your front tire pressure and put rears at max. Ive done hard drifts in my m3 and it folds the tire so bad at 35 or 40 psi that you can see wear marks on sidewall just about touching the rim with 35mm sidewall. How much power you got in that 330 anyway? I could drift with my 323ci but not enough to keep it goin most of the time
Beamer Creamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:35 AM   #187
///02bmw325i///

My Ride: audi bmw honda
Send a message via AIM to ///02bmw325i/// Send a message via Skype™ to ///02bmw325i///
So my 440whp a6 got totaled this past weekend, oddly enough on a drive out to sema. and I miss my old S-Chassis like a mofo, and i just so happen to have an e46 325i shell in my garage. i bought it with a blown motor, and never touched it.... Were going to drop in the spare 2.5l i have, grab some coils, and weld the diff and everything i get from parting out my A6 will be going into this car. I've been wanting to get back into drifting for a looonggg time, however just never got around to it cause my a6 ate up so much money.

So now i finally get the chance to go out and start drifting and build a drift car.... only problem, i suck. I'm going to start practicing and see how much better i can get before i need a bit more power. I'm debating weather i want to start out with crazy steering angle, or just leave it stock with a welded diff, coils, and fully gutted with a cage.
2001 Stage 3 Audi A6 2.7t
2001 BMW 325i 1.5JZ Swap Track Car
2003 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Long Bed Duramax Diesel
2009 Yamaha R1
///02bmw325i/// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #188
acpstunts

Damn sorry about ther a6, but definitely keep us posted on the drift build! Increased steering angle definitely helps regardless or skill level. And Practice Practice Practice. Attend all local drift events etc
Old 10-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #189
///02bmw325i///

My Ride: audi bmw honda
Send a message via AIM to ///02bmw325i/// Send a message via Skype™ to ///02bmw325i///
Thanks, i plan on it. I have a parking lot at my disposal, and permission from the owner to use it. so i've got some space. I know i'm going to be terrible at first, i'm just going to try to stiffen up the car substantially and get it to respond better then it does now. that and i'm trying to start at a low power too so im not jumping into a 400+hp car with tons of angle and me being terrible and possibly hurting myself lol.

yeah i'm sad about the a6, but it's been through a lot.
2001 Stage 3 Audi A6 2.7t
2001 BMW 325i 1.5JZ Swap Track Car
2003 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Long Bed Duramax Diesel
2009 Yamaha R1
///02bmw325i/// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:41 PM   #190
Beamer Creamer

I find it easier to drift with higher hp. That way you just play with the pedal more instead of yanking steering wheel and setting yourself at harder to control angles because you wouldnt keep tires roasting otherwise at higher speeds.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:40 PM   #191
Teddy7

My Ride: slides
First off, I love that this thread is in this forum. I drift a lot, i mean a lot, when it is raining outside. I often go out for 45mins to an hour, every time it rains, just to practice at local secluded spots that I know of. I am limited to the wet though since i have an open diff, so I'm looking for specific advise from you guys who have welded diffs. How much extra tire wear are you experiencing? Do you think I am going to start breaking things due to the diff being welded? I know I should expect wheel hop, but honestly I don't care about that. I just want to know the specific pros and cons you guys experienced after the weld.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:37 PM   #192
Beamer Creamer

If your going to have welded for very long time just swap diff. The amount of wear will all depend on if you drive on straight highway mainly or just in city? Not just harder on tires.Sounds like you need a swap unless it just goes to drift locations and back to garage. How much do welded diff sell for?
Old 10-31-2012, 02:42 PM   #193
Teddy7

I wouldn't buy a welded diff, I would just get my open one welded. I've been quoted $50 for welding it if I take it out and bring it to them. When you say "swap" I'm assuming you mean an LSD? The price for an LSD is just not worth it to me.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:38 PM   #194
Beamer Creamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy7 View Post
I wouldn't buy a welded diff, I would just get my open one welded. I've been quoted $50 for welding it if I take it out and bring it to them. When you say "swap" I'm assuming you mean an LSD? The price for an LSD is just not worth it to me.
I was just saying when you sell welded diff its worth alot less. Or would you just grind off and sell car to some poor bastard. Ya lsd guts anyway. Im pretty sure you would be pissed off after not long with welded diff. Car would annoy the sh*t out of you on all types of curves and its nice to have inside tire on slide slip slightly b4 they lock so it can help kick you out better. Sounds like we both like driving the same, cloverleafs in the rain were good fun with 323ci. Wait for others to reply but i just think of welding diff in the same category as clamping brake lines to enter burnout comps

Last edited by Beamer Creamer; 10-31-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:55 AM   #195
Teddy7

I see what you mean know about selling the diff, and no I would never sell it with a junk diff. I've had the car for 5 years and plan to have it till it isn't worth saving anymore. I wouldn't even be considering a welded diff if LSDs were cheaper. The prices for BMW LSDs are rediculous imo and I hate how there are no mini spool options for our cars either.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:52 AM   #196
Beamer Creamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy7 View Post
I see what you mean know about selling the diff, and no I would never sell it with a junk diff. I've had the car for 5 years and plan to have it till it isn't worth saving anymore. I wouldn't even be considering a welded diff if LSDs were cheaper. The prices for BMW LSDs are rediculous imo and I hate how there are no mini spool options for our cars either.
Ya nuthin good is cheap in this world. I havent looked into diffs for awhile but i think in states maybe $4000 for used. Hell you could could just about up grade to an m3 for that. Just teazin
Old 11-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #197
acpstunts

Ok guys im back, havent had power for 5 days. That hurricane really f'd us up. But with the welded diff discussion, I run it daily (welded 3.46) And love it. I only get wheel hop turning into parking spots,tight turns, etc. As far as ware goes, im not sure. I run my ccws daily and havent noticed much more wear (ok maybe a little ) but nothing too worry over. Plus if your drifting your tearing through tires anyways so who cares right? lol. But maybe run a harder compound street tire, and whatever youd like to drift on? I'd advise having multiple sets of wheels (for obvious reasons).
Old 11-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #198
Teddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by acpstunts View Post
Ok guys im back, havent had power for 5 days. That hurricane really f'd us up. But with the welded diff discussion, I run it daily (welded 3.46) And love it. I only get wheel hop turning into parking spots,tight turns, etc. As far as ware goes, im not sure. I run my ccws daily and havent noticed much more wear (ok maybe a little ) but nothing too worry over. Plus if your drifting your tearing through tires anyways so who cares right? lol. But maybe run a harder compound street tire, and whatever youd like to drift on? I'd advise having multiple sets of wheels (for obvious reasons).
Thanks a lot man, this is the info I needed. I have a local place here that I can get tires for super cheap so as long as the tires last relatively well compared to before welding then I'll probably pull the trigger on welding my rear end. Already have 5 style 45s sitting in the garage with hard compounds on them just for this purpose.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #199
Litoflow

My Ride: 325ci
I agree with ACP. i ran welded diff for 2 years and not a single problem. i was runnning .5+ camber though so my tire wear was not bad at all. At club loose events due to the pavement being mint on most of the track i was set with 4 tires..it is all about your set up and how u run it. Even with expensive diffs 2 way lsd's i mean ur still gonna have noice on tight turns and stuff so if you are starting to drift and dont want to spend too much money get the diff welded. learn with it and when u get a 1.5 or 2 way lsd you will be even better drifter than before.

01 E46 = Current Daily
04.5 z33 = Driftmissle
06-z33 Twin Turbo = RIP
00 Jeep GC= Sold
04 Accord = Sold
94 Civic Coupe = Sold
95 Civic Hatchback = Sold
Litoflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #200
Activ3

My Ride: gets DRIVEN.
Send a message via AIM to Activ3
Teddy, come by PSI one day if you're in Orlando and we can chat. Once you get your diff welded we can go out to CFRC. I daily'd my e46 with a welded for a couple years with no problems.

Activ3 is offline   Reply With Quote