E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 07:42 AM   #21
j_block

My Ride: 2003 325i
Plus he does it in the rain on public roads. Not cool :thumbdown:

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Bimmer App
Old 11-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #22
djnekkon

My Ride: MB3ci Regensburg Bav
Whaaaaaat, this video brings bitches. You don't need to know how to drive it, it's an M3. Shiet drives by itself. You just need to own one, and you're Boss.
djnekkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #23
M Shark

My Ride: '04 M3
vid was visually enjoyable. Had turn off the volume coz the music was annoying. Either shut the music up, or take away the sound from the vid. I'd rather have them take off that annoying music.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #24
dnikov

My Ride: E46 ///M3
Damn tnx for all the hate guys what a nice welcome to this forum. Ya this was one of my first post but I was not trying to show of or anything like that just sharing my video. And I do know what a handbrake is and I would ve using it if I had a clutch I don't wonna rip it up in a smg scared it might fk something up. I had other plans for the car it was gonna be a track car but right now i dont have the money to make it a complite track car and for now its my daily driver. This was my first time trying drifting thats why in the beging of the video its just power sliding I was just getting a feel for the car. At 3:51 that was like a 45 mile entry and a pretty nice drift. By next year I'm hopeing to have a manual swap so I can acsually clutch kick or use the handbrake. In a smg you really have nothing to work with other than the power.

Last edited by dnikov; 11-07-2012 at 11:15 AM.
dnikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #25
illestminimike

My Ride: Project Drama
This was the worst video I've ever seen in my life. That was not drifting. The fact that your doing this on public roads is fvcking stupid. How old are you? You should be banned just for posting such a stupid and dangerous video.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #26
THECLEANERBEAMER

My Ride: 2002 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidjake View Post
good job doing that on public roads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///mostarac View Post
drifting a, what looks like, stock automatic m3. Only one outcome to this....fvcking up a beautiful car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_block View Post
plus he does it in the rain on public roads. Not cool

Sent from my sph-d700 using bimmer app
Quote:
Originally Posted by illestminimike View Post
this was the worst video i've ever seen in my life. That was not drifting. The fact that your doing this on public roads is fvcking stupid. How old are you? You should be banned just for posting such a stupid and dangerous video.
+193829057

Last edited by THECLEANERBEAMER; 11-07-2012 at 12:16 PM.
THECLEANERBEAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #27
ChrisRedmon

My Ride: 2002 PY ///M3
Make a video of this when you get a 6MT, then ill appreciate what you are TRYING to do.
2002 Phoenix Yellow E46 M3 l 6MT l Nappa l Nav l STG Coilovers 7k/8k l BMW Performance SSK l OEM ZCP's l Kirk Roll Bar l Motorsport Hardware l Besian Systems l CSL CF Trunk l GTR CF Hood l CSL CF Diffuser l Status Gruppe

ChrisRedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #28
PH03NIX46

My Ride: '03 M3
People are always so quick to call them out on doing it on public roads.

Who even cares anymore? Do you really think anyone will think twice about it, and refer back to your comment and then reconsider their decisions of "drifting" on public roads?

As for the video, the drifting was pretty weak and the song choice sucked.

Last edited by PH03NIX46; 11-07-2012 at 01:22 PM.
PH03NIX46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #29
Rockyminator

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 M3
Lol this was not drifting or anything close to it. This was abuse....
Old 11-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #30
blksab65

My Ride: 1987 325 (i Swapped)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
For Sale: Black SMG E46 M3. Adult Owned, never abused.
blksab65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:21 AM   #31
dreamdrivedrift

My Ride: 99 M3 & 95 325i
Send a message via AIM to dreamdrivedrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by PH03NIX46 View Post
People are always so quick to call them out on doing it on public roads.

Who even cares anymore? Do you really think anyone will think twice about it, and refer back to your comment and then reconsider their decisions of "drifting" on public roads?

As for the video, the drifting was pretty weak and the song choice sucked.
Completely agree. It was done in what was clearly an industrial park and parking lots with spotters. Even the offramp one wasn't that bad, IIRC the car in front was a good deal ahead of him. big f*king deal.

That said, I also agree that the drifting was not great, but my guess is that if he had presented it in a better way (i.e. better camera work and music choice), everyone would be sucking his nuts

Last edited by dreamdrivedrift; 11-09-2012 at 12:22 AM.
dreamdrivedrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:38 AM   #32
jerseyzillest

My Ride: 325 CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_LOVE_MY_330Ci View Post
Agreed. Look at how he never takes his hand off of the wheel. He prob doesn't even know what a handbrake is or what it does.
Not sure if you ever realized we can't use handbrakes to drift, bmws has some sort of safety feature that won't allow the wheels to lock up. Only way to drift in a e46 is to "clutch kick."

And you can ONLY drift m3s (LSD)! Please don't try it in a non m!

^Taken with iPhone^
:rofl:
jerseyzillest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:14 AM   #33
johnca
Modded ///Member

My Ride: E46 Slow CSL
Nice!!!
Old 11-09-2012, 02:37 AM   #34
Russian172

My Ride: Flying brick,e39 b28
Non-m hand brakes are made out of butter anyways never tried the m's
Old 11-09-2012, 03:18 AM   #35
Breyton-BMW

My Ride: Ti
Send a message via AIM to Breyton-BMW Send a message via Yahoo to Breyton-BMW
Ken Block had to start somewhere. Props for trying.

Breyton-BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:40 AM   #36
someguy_99

My Ride: E46,335Xi,Lambo,...
I love how everyone here is an expert in drifting, lol with the stupid " Do you even have a e-brake?" statements or "powerslide vs drift". Dude wants to drift around a truck yard and film it sure let him maybe he asked permission or maybe he was just driving through like everyone else does who am I to judge.

Anyways, nice video I watched all of it but stay off the public roads and drive safely around others *ahem the on ramp nonsense

A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. J Clarkson
someguy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:29 AM   #37
M3sLiCkRaCeR22

My Ride: BMW
Video was ok, music sucked lol before posting videos, just make sure the title is correct. Instead of M3 drifting, you could of said *First time drifting in my smg m3* that way we no what to expect... No hate, Just keeping it honest
M3sLiCkRaCeR22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:46 AM   #38
ItzaBitza

My Ride: 328i
welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnikov View Post
Damn tnx for all the hate guys what a nice welcome to this forum. Ya this was one of my first post but I was not trying to show of or anything like that just sharing my video. And I do know what a handbrake is and I would ve using it if I had a clutch I don't wonna rip it up in a smg scared it might fk something up. I had other plans for the car it was gonna be a track car but right now i dont have the money to make it a complite track car and for now its my daily driver. This was my first time trying drifting thats why in the beging of the video its just power sliding I was just getting a feel for the car. At 3:51 that was like a 45 mile entry and a pretty nice drift. By next year I'm hopeing to have a manual swap so I can acsually clutch kick or use the handbrake. In a smg you really have nothing to work with other than the power.
Welcome to the forum lol i personally enjoyed the video and I kind of recognized some of the areas lol where at in chicago?

Anyways don't use the stock handbreak to lock ur rwd smg m3 lol, tha fvck are these ppl on? won't lock up ur wheels, idk i get sideways in my one wheel wonder open diff all the time just downshifting and yea powersliding, who cares its a great rush, but tryin the handbreak doesnt do ****, just beeps haha u can keep on waiting for a wheel lock
Old 11-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #39
flameboy1696

My Ride: BMW 2006 330CI
lol where is the drift in that video?
flameboy1696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #40
dnikov

My Ride: E46 ///M3
Wow finally some nice people here. Tnx for the nice comments guys means a lot. All the places in this video other than the exit we got promition to do this. We asked the people if its cool with them and everyone said ya and in most places they came out and were watching/ filming us with their camera phone and they all loved it. Also in all the spots there was no other traffic, cars or people so we didn't put anyone in danger. Like I said this was just my first time so we found some safe stops to try it out. Didn't wonna go to a drift event on a track for my first time lol