E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld

Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.71 average.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #1141
E46inthe206

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330Ci
How's the performance compared to OEM? Any issues whatsoever?
E46inthe206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #1142
GhostFlame

My Ride: LSB/HPF
Have you missed the last 57 pages?

They're cheap bouncy coilovers that don't last, and make your ride handle like crap.
GhostFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #1143
stookin

My Ride: 2001 bmw 330i
only good for going low, other than that it rides like a truck
stookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #1144
E46inthe206

I don't have time to sit and go through 57 pages of an online forum. I have other **** to do.
I figured a simple answer wouldn't be much to ask for.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #1145
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46inthe206 View Post
I don't have time to sit and go through 57 pages of an online forum. I have other **** to do.
get them and ditch the rears and get some good shocks and linear springs and itll handle great for cheap. thats what i did and it spanks alot of other e46's with big name brand suspension
Old 11-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #1146
E46inthe206

Like what? H/R?
Old 11-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #1147
GhostFlame

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46inthe206 View Post
You were given an answer in my response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven747 View Post
get them and ditch the rears and get some good shocks and linear springs and itll handle great for cheap. thats what i did and it spanks alot of other e46's with big name brand suspension
So you're telling him to buy the kit, throw half of it out, spend extra money replacing what he just threw out, and then it will be a half decent suspension (which it won't)

Swallow your pride already..
Old 11-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #1148
Steven747

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFlame View Post
You were given an answer in my response.

So you're telling him to buy the kit, throw half of it out, spend extra money replacing what he just threw out, and then it will be a half decent suspension (which it won't)

Swallow your pride already..
For under 500 bucks I have a fully adjustable suspension with only raceland fronts among sway bars and poly bushings all around .. The setup competes with other highly modded 330's and m's in the canyons .. I'm laughing at how much you spend to get a decent ok suspension when I spend half and have as good or better..
Ignorant sob
Old 11-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #1149
GhostFlame

Quote:
For under 500 bucks I have a fully adjustable suspension with only raceland fronts among sway bars and poly bushings all around .. The setup competes with other highly modded 330's and m's in the canyons .. I'm laughing at how much you spend to get a decent ok suspension when I spend half and have as good or better..
Ignorant sob
You have a Frankenstein car made up of mismatched suspension parts, which will always be on the verge of failing - if they haven't already. Nobody is dumb enough to follow in your footsteps.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:57 PM   #1150
Steven747

Quote:
You have a Frankenstein car made up of mismatched suspension parts, which will always be on the verge of failing - if they haven't already. Nobody is dumb enough to follow in your footsteps.
I'm nearing my 2 year warranty period on the racelands.. Zero leaks and I hit up the canyons weekly.. Thanks for your thoughts but they are plain stupid and inconsistent with what's actually happening.. Or plain ignorance again
Old 11-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #1151
Skchamaa11

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
m3 has alot of power their is no way you keep up even with a stock m3.

if your looking to slam the car then use racelands if you want to actually get better handling go with h&R's or KW's
Old 11-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #1152
GhostFlame

Quote:
I'm nearing my 2 year warranty period on the racelands.. Zero leaks and I hit up the canyons weekly.. Thanks for your thoughts but they are plain stupid and inconsistent with what's actually happening.. Or plain ignorance again
2 year warranty alone should tell you how much confidence the manufacturer has in their own products.

You haven't answered the previous question: Are you telling the poster above to buy the kit, throw half of it out, spend extra money replacing what he just threw out? Doesn't that sound a little ironic coming from someone that's calling me stupid?

Nevermind you haven't even been able to get rid of your Raceland rear setup for 7 months now, at a rock bottom price. While you're mulling that over, bust out your calculator and add up the cost of a new kit, plus replacing the rear, and you're in decent coilover/cupkit territory.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:08 AM   #1153
E46inthe206

H/R springs > Racelands?
Old 11-07-2012, 12:48 AM   #1154
Steven747

Quote:
2 year warranty alone should tell you how much confidence the manufacturer has in their own products.

You haven't answered the previous question: Are you telling the poster above to buy the kit, throw half of it out, spend extra money replacing what he just threw out? Doesn't that sound a little ironic coming from someone that's calling me stupid?

Nevermind you haven't even been able to get rid of your Raceland rear setup for 7 months now, at a rock bottom price. While you're mulling that over, bust out your calculator and add up the cost of a new kit, plus replacing the rear, and you're in decent coilover/cupkit territory.
raceland rear sold a while ago. yes im telling him to do what i did if he is on a budget and wants a system as good as kw or h&r. and power..? im talking about handling and yes keeping up with 1 in the twisties is not hard with my setup.

ghost flame your new here and i suggest you be a little more open to ideas. this is a forum to help educate not be a rude ignorant jerk. get yourself together

Last edited by Steven747; 11-07-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Steven747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:29 AM   #1155
GhostFlame

Quote:
raceland rear sold a while ago. yes im telling him to do what i did if he is on a budget and wants a system as good as kw or h&r. and power..? im talking about handling and yes keeping up with 1 in the twisties is not hard with my setup.

ghost flame your new here and i suggest you be a little more open to ideas. this is a forum to help educate not be a rude ignorant jerk. get yourself together
Riddle me this.

Why would anyone want to piece together an inferior kit for, AT BEST, the same cost of an already proven/reputable kit?

I'm willing to bet your left nut the components you have were purchased second hand, especially since very few vendors would sell brand new rear springs separately. For your claimed $500 budget, you're either lying through your teeth about cost, or your parts are used. Lose-Lose.

I'm not new to forums, and have probably been visiting this site long before you owned your car.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #1156
E46inthe206

Let's not crap ourselves, here..

Do H&R Sports go lower than the Eibach Pro's?

I'm not gonna be tracking the car or anything so I see no point in purchasing suspension for over 1,000 bucks (that's a hell of a lot of money for those people who forgot the value of a dollar). I'm pretty easy on my car actually, but I do have a little fun from time to time as well.

Should I go with the Ultimo's? Or H&R Sports?

Last edited by E46inthe206; 11-07-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #1157
stookin

My Ride: 2001 bmw 330i
so much raceland hate. haha i love the kit. dont me mad you paid triple the price.
stookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #1158
E46_330i_Stud

My Ride: 2004 330ci ZHP 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by stookin View Post
so much raceland hate. haha i love the kit. dont me mad you paid triple the price.
Go get some experience with quality kits, then lets see if you make the same statement. Raceland's can't and will never be anywhere near the quality of KW's, Bilsteins, H&R, BC, AST, JRZ's, etc. You get what you pay for. Swapping out the rear set up is like polishing a turd. You still have a worthless and sorry excuse for a suspension set up. It will not perform like something that cost $1k+. End of story. If it was that easy, everyone would do it!

1995 325i 5mt ArcticGrey/Dove - SOLD
2004 330ci ZHP 6MT SilberGrau/Black - SOLD
2001 330i M-Sport 5MT StaulGrau/Grey - SOLD
1992 Accord LX Sedan 275k miles all original - DAILY
2002 Chevy Suburban LT Autoride - TOY HAULER
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT - RACE TRUCK!
E46_330i_Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:23 AM   #1159
E46inthe206

Obviously the kits over 1k will be superior to Racelands and such, but that doesn't mean they need to get bashed on. In comparison to KW and all those, yeah, they're obviously inferior.. but it all depends on what the buyer is looking for and what their budget is. I'm looking into Street Edge coils right now for like 450, over the Ultimo kit. I'm just looking for a good drop with at least somewhat of an upgrade of handing n' stuff.

http://thesuspensionsource.mybigcomm...eries-e46-2wd/
Old 11-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #1160
Steven747

E46 stud and ghost flame you guys are all alot of talk. My experiences with racelands keeping up or above 1k suspensions tells me otherwise. And remember that's real life

Bought the racelands brand new which can be proven by a fanatic .. Linear 10k springs were used bought on here. ( who the hell buys new springs when they are here for half price and in new condition) .. Bilstein sports were bought new.. I added it up.. Came out to somewhere like 550 with endlinks and everything after I sold the rear for a 100 bucks.. Funny how ignorant you 2 are.. Come on guys keep your hating coming.. You don't seem to be the brightest and most opened minded people on here but remember what they say assuming makes an a$$ of yourself

Tags
coilovers, ebay, raceland, review