E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 95 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #41
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
yes

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:00 AM   #42
eug

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
Sigh, I was hoping for a brighter screen with improved viewing angles.

Is the Android model as stable as a phone now?

Capacitive touch would be nice too, or at least a resistive screen that doesn't smudge easily. The 2013 VW Golf has a capacitive touchscreen powered by a Tegra 3 processor. Finally, car manufacturers are putting some real effort into their entertainment systems,

C'mon Dynavin, bring out the D100!
eug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #43
ccc

My Ride: BMW 320D '02
I had Dinavin with Win CE 5.0 over two years. ( http://bmwpower-bg.net/forums/viewto...16790#p2516790)
From today I am with a new device. I think the device is great, much better than the previous:
Much better sound, much better radio, better buttons, much better looks, etc.
I still have not tried Android, but I hope I do not disappoint.

I have a problem with the rear view camera. When I connect the green cable ""REVERSE"" (on Dynavin) with the positive reverse light on the car, the camera operates continuously and can not be switched off. Even when I connect the green wire "REVERSE" on dinavin with any cable (for example negative) the camera starts working. Where am I wrong?

Last edited by ccc; 11-03-2012 at 11:34 AM.
ccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:35 AM   #44
RJDaly28

My Ride: 2002 M3 SMG
Ok, ive got a weird one. I want to play music via my new D99+'s Android side. Pandora, Spotify, Google Music etc. I cannot get it to play over all 4 channels. it Only plays up front and its incredibly loud. This was resolved in other posts via a "nav sound" option, but that doesn't seem to be an option for me in my settings.

How do I fix this? I just want it to play over the whole system and some level of volume control on the Android side would be great too. I had to disable all voice prompts from Sygic because it was causing the stereo side of the unit to cut out. (So the front speakers could relay the nav info)

I keep the Android volume at zero, since the first step up is really loud for a nav notification.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:16 AM   #45
J&T Distributing

Look again, RADIO settings menu>system>navi sound. Set the android media volume at about 2/3 and the volume knob will control the android volume.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #46
Phonix6

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
Instruction manual will have a security code on it, box will have a "+" on it. If it came from us it is a plus unit, if it came from somebody else....

Possible, but one guy does not make a pattern.... but it does looks like im going to be buying an adapter to test sooner than later....

My experience as a LONG time iphone owner is that accesory connectivity issues are common and are usually fixed with a reboot. So before things get complicated its important to rule out the simple stuff first.

EDIT: iphone5 with lighting adapter worked fine in my testing. See post #34 below.

True for some....but others want to control it from the screen....and also iOS6 seems to have screwed up the bluetooth track control buttons, not the end of the world be those were a nice feature, hopefully that gets straightened out in the next iOS update.

Thanks @JeffB325,

I have the D99 non plus but that's ok.
Phonix6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #47
RJDaly28

Thanks Jeff. Not sure how I missed that. (I only read every Dynavin thread and somehow missed that) Anyway, thanks for the tip. Works perfectly.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:06 PM   #48
Cruiser6003

My Ride: BMW 2003 330Ci
Send a message via Yahoo to Cruiser6003
Dynavin to get

Hey all,
I have a new to me 2003 330Ci with factory Nav. It's CD player has failed and the DVD mapping is incorrect for my area and well it's old tech so planning on getting a new unit. Have sort of settled on the Dynavin but here's the question: Which one? My wife and I currently use Android phones but we are not hooked on Android and might try a iPhone in the near future. Which unit gives best flexibility for different phone OS types.

Or does it matter for me? Neither of us will be using many of the features except bluetooth streaming of Pandora or internal music. Our main concern is the nav unit upgrade and full utilization of existing steering wheel controls. We are NOT audio buffs at all and the stock Harmon Kardon are more than sufficient. We have no real desire to fully integrate all of the phone controls but of course it would be nice to access the phones music library and of course answer/make calls using built in controls.

Many thanks..
Joel and Vicki
2003 330Ci
Cruiser6003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #49
cristianff

My Ride: 330i
Send a message via MSN to cristianff
Jeff, I live in Brazil and here we uses the ISDB-T technology as you can see in the image:

There is a TV Tuner with ISDB-T to Dynavin D99?

Thanks

BMW 330i 2001 - Brazil
Ayrton Senna - Simple the best
cristianff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #50
cinredman

My Ride: 330CI sonora Metalli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser6003 View Post
Hey all,
I have a new to me 2003 330Ci with factory Nav. It's CD player has failed and the DVD mapping is incorrect for my area and well it's old tech so planning on getting a new unit. Have sort of settled on the Dynavin but here's the question: Which one? My wife and I currently use Android phones but we are not hooked on Android and might try a iPhone in the near future. Which unit gives best flexibility for different phone OS types.

Or does it matter for me? Neither of us will be using many of the features except bluetooth streaming of Pandora or internal music. Our main concern is the nav unit upgrade and full utilization of existing steering wheel controls. We are NOT audio buffs at all and the stock Harmon Kardon are more than sufficient. We have no real desire to fully integrate all of the phone controls but of course it would be nice to access the phones music library and of course answer/make calls using built in controls.

Many thanks..
Joel and Vicki
2003 330Ci
In the same boat with respect to the dynavin and which OS for my 330CI which currently has the business CD unit and changer in the trunk. And, based on all the treads I've been reading, Jeff's outstanding support is a HUGE reason I mad thinking Dynavin

Last edited by cinredman; 11-05-2012 at 09:37 PM.
cinredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #51
RJDaly28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinredman View Post
In the same boat with respect to the dynavin and which OS for my 330CI which currently has the business CD unit and changer in the trunk. And, based on all the treads I've been reading, Jeff's outstanding support is a HUGE reason I mad thinking Dynavin
Well, I've only had my Dynavin for about a week so I'm no expert but I do have some thoughts on this. I went with the Android version.

The Android version has a lot of potential and it's great to run Spotify, Gmail, etc right on your dash. It's also nice to be able to audition several nav programs. (I've settled on Sygic for my offline nav solution, btw. It's great) There are also a number of great looking car dashboard apps available that really complement the look of the display in the car.

There is a great deal of setup involved, just as if you were setting up your Android phone. Also, one huge shortcoming is that Android in general and Android apps almost all need for you to be able to scroll up and down easily. The resistive touchscreen on this unit makes that really tough to do, even with the stylus.

I do find myself getting really frustrated trying to scroll up and down. It's hard to do, and you need to do it all the time to get the most out of applications, etc.

If you don't plan to try and do all those things I suppose I would lean towards the Windows unit. It seems like that one pretty much just works. The Android can certainly do a lot more, but you have to be a little patient with it in order to make that happen.

Just my 2 cents. Hope that's helpful.

(EDIT) - Also, Jeff has been very helpful. I'm glad I did not decide to save a few bucks elsewhere. The support is worth it.

Last edited by RJDaly28; 11-05-2012 at 10:06 PM.
RJDaly28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #52
cinredman

My Ride: 330CI sonora Metalli
Does anyone know what version of droid is being used?
cinredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #53
RJDaly28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinredman View Post
Does anyone know what version of droid is being used?
It's running Android 2.2 Froyo. From what I understand Dynavin has not released the source code as they are supposed to so we may be stuck there for awhile.

Last edited by RJDaly28; 11-05-2012 at 10:32 PM.
RJDaly28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #54
J&T Distributing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristianff View Post
Jeff, I live in Brazil and here we uses the ISDB-T technology as you can see in the image:

There is a TV Tuner with ISDB-T to Dynavin D99?

Thanks
No, DVBT only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser6003 View Post
Hey all,

Many thanks..
Joel and Vicki
2003 330Ci
I doesnt matter what kind of phone you use with the dynavin, bluetooth is pretty standard. Based on your wish list the basic WinCE dynavin will work fine for you.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #55
ccc

My Ride: BMW 320D '02
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccc View Post
I have a problem with the rear view camera. When I connect the green cable ""REVERSE"" (on Dynavin) with the positive reverse light on the car, the camera operates continuously and can not be switched off. Even when I connect the green wire "REVERSE" on dinavin with any cable (for example negative) the camera starts working. Where am I wrong?
I used a relay and now the camera works perfectly
Can I have both WiFi and Bluetooth for Android?

Last edited by ccc; 11-07-2012 at 01:05 PM.
ccc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:12 PM   #56
hybridNz

My Ride: e39 540iASE,e30/s50
If the only hardware change is the screen, why cant the radio side OS update be propergated to D99 users who where the early adopters and payed full price but 0 updates?

Wont be looking at one of these again for any future vehicle ... getting sick of being burnt.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:07 AM   #57
T330Ci

My Ride: MY01 330Ci
D99+ SD/USB Menu

Hi Jeff,

Hope you can help me out on this, I just had the D99+ installed, everything worked fine, had it installed in a shop locally here in Asia.

Need some help and input on the following - the DVD/SD/USB menu screen, I am not able to access the menu during video play back. When I plug in the uSD (32G/FAT32/C10) or USB that contain MP4 files, it will jump right into play the video file, however, during video play back, no matter what I do and press, I am not able to access the menu list. If I press the virtual key that look like a folder under the virtual bar, nothing happens and the video just keep on playing.

The only way I can see the menu list is to play until the end of the last video file, than it will stop and go to the menu.

Thanks!
T330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:58 AM   #58
ficu

Quote:
Originally Posted by T330Ci View Post
Hi Jeff,

Hope you can help me out on this, I just had the D99+ installed, everything worked fine, had it installed in a shop locally here in Asia.

Need some help and input on the following - the DVD/SD/USB menu screen, I am not able to access the menu during video play back. When I plug in the uSD (32G/FAT32/C10) or USB that contain MP4 files, it will jump right into play the video file, however, during video play back, no matter what I do and press, I am not able to access the menu list. If I press the virtual key that look like a folder under the virtual bar, nothing happens and the video just keep on playing.

The only way I can see the menu list is to play until the end of the last video file, than it will stop and go to the menu.

Thanks!
Hi

On the controls bar at the botom of the screen press stop for 2-3 seconds and it will go back to the play list
ficu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:16 AM   #59
T330Ci

My Ride: MY01 330Ci
Thanks! that was it, I see it is in the manual too, now I finally have time to read it, thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficu View Post
Hi

On the controls bar at the botom of the screen press stop for 2-3 seconds and it will go back to the play list
T330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #60
BeemerHolland

My Ride: BMW 320 IA E90
Hi All,
I have bougth the D99+ for my E90. I like to get a USB hub connected. I have bought a usb hub to use bluetooth in the Android side for Torque. Now I have bought the Belkin USB hub with a Sabrent bluetooth adapter. Still the Belkin must arrive in the next couple of days. I have inspected the backside of the D99+ but I can only find one USB connection for the Android side, it is in use by the WIFI dongle. Does the USB hub work on it? The other USB connection I found is for the WinCE side.
BeemerHolland is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d99, d99+, dynavin, gps, navigation