E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #1221
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
I own both and have used both extensively, along with TangoDown ARC and Lancer L5 AWM magazines, and I still stand by the PMAGs as the best. I prefer the windowed models the most.
The Troys were very reliable and I have found them to be pretty durable as well.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #1222
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Hmm dd 16" chf barrel or bcm bfh 16". Is the bcm worth buying over the dd? Trying t figure out which one to have my gf buy me for Christmas.

Also these lights look interesting to try out, I've had good luck with there stuff in the past. I'm looking at a couple surefire lights too(probably better off spending the extra money)

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_...ghts_s/424.htm

Surefire p2x fury single output 500lumens for $110 looks very appealing too.

Last edited by Adam@Euro-Spec; 11-07-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:53 PM   #1223
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
I know this has been covered, but what's the deal with the different mods of the BCM grip?

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:23 PM   #1224
Reedo302

I tend to be slightly more biased towards DD barrels because they make them all in-house. BCM farms theirs out to FN. That's not a bad thing, because those barrels are also pretty amazing. I just like that DD has everything in-house. That, and DD pins their lo-pro gas blocks. BCM uses super high-temp green Loctite on set-screws. It is very strong, but I prefer a taper pin. Just my weird quirky thing.
I honestly think it will come down to whatever is in stock. Really can't go wrong either way. You have numerous configurations with whatever way you go. Lord knows that the shelves are emptying as we speak...

Sidebar:
I talked to Paul about that back in August, and he mentioned that it's been considered. They sell the assembled uppers without handguards only with the FSP, and I mentioned to him that they need to sell assemblies with a lo-pro gas block like DD does with their barrels that come with a gas block and gas tube. Sounds like that is in the works.

Also, once the Gunfighter Industries division gets established in Nevada, they will have some cool stuff coming out. I know that the angled fore-grip is in the works, but I would not be surprised if in the future they develop a handguard/rail system.

Glock Armorer

Old 11-08-2012, 12:56 AM   #1225
david05111

In addition to that BCM grip info, I need more haha.

I'm looking to order a bunch of parts for the M16 setup. I already have a Noveske 10.5 switchblock on order...that should be here soon (hopefully; it's already been 6 weeks).

I'm looking at the moment for an H2 buffer and a standard power spring. I tried Ranier arms where I got my last buffers, but they only have a carbine, an h1, and an h3. As I understand it, I could get an H1 and cannibalize it and my reserve H3 and make an H2, but I honestly have no idea what I'd be doing. Also, any difference on where I order a spring from? Was just going to grab one from Brownells or buy one locally, but maybe I should order a springco made one?

I've got loads more parts to get (colt FA LPK w/autosear, grip, stock, tube, aimpoint, MBUS, SSF trigger, kns pins, etc.)

Last edited by david05111; 11-08-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:48 AM   #1226
Reedo302

Contact Noveske and see if they have an H2 buffer on hand. They usually do.

You can probably use a normal spring from wherever, but there's always that added level of confidence with a quality "white" chrome silicon spring.
From their website, it's hard to pass this up when it's only $19.95.

Quote:
CONSTRUCTION SPECS: CARBINE & RIFLE BUFFER SPRINGS:

ASTM Grade A877 Certified Valve Grade Chrome Silicon Wirestock
Heat Treated, Stress Relieved and Dual Stage Shot-Peened post winding (Our springs really ARE shot-peened)
Impregnation / Plating with Re-Micronized Molybdenum Disulfide formulation
Hard plastic tube packaging for protected transport and easy storage
Optional Cryogenic Processing available upon request

ADVANTAGES:

Shortened "lock time" for faster sight recovery and platform stability
Consistent spring pressure throughout the duty cycle of the spring, resulting in fewer malfunctions related to spring operation. (Especially Type III malfunctions)
Improved & consistent cyclic operation. Spring will not change performance for many hundreds of thousands of rounds.
Greater resistance to heat induced performance degradation
Reduced cyclic rate with Enhanced or Extra Power springs and reduce / eliminate bolt bounce with optimal spring / buffer weight selection.
Reduced operating cost as replacement springs are not needed during the life of your upper receiver assembly. Less downtime and fewer trips to the armorer for spring replacement, in fact, this will most likely be the only buffer spring you will ever need for the duty cycle of your carbine or rifle!
Correct spring selection works reliably, consistently, and virtually indefinitely in all properly built and maintained SBR platforms.

Glock Armorer

Old 11-08-2012, 06:10 AM   #1227
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
I know this has been covered, but what's the deal with the different mods of the BCM grip?
I can't post a picture because I'm at work. Google image search BCM mod 0 vs mod 1 for a visual comparison. The Mod 1 has a beavertail like extension off of the back similar to the Magpul MOE grips. The Mod 0 does not have that extension and is more like an A2 grip.

I prefer the Mod 1 because it increased the trigger reach a bit, since it adds more material between the web of your thumb and index finger.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:19 AM   #1228
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
Quote:
I'm looking at the moment for an H2 buffer and a standard power spring. I tried Ranier arms where I got my last buffers, but they only have a carbine, an h1, and an h3. As I understand it, I could get an H1 and cannibalize it and my reserve H3 and make an H2, but I honestly have no idea what I'd be doing. Also, any difference on where I order a spring from? Was just going to grab one from Brownells or buy one locally, but maybe I should order a springco made one?
If you open a buffer, you will see a combination of steel and tungsten weights, with the tungsten being heavier. Here is a guide to the proper combinations of the various buffers. The H3 isn't listed, but it has three tungsten weights and no steel.

ETA: The springs...I would go with the Sprinco springs, I've changed everything over to them as well.

Last edited by Serbonze; 11-08-2012 at 06:21 AM.
Serbonze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:21 AM   #1229
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Interesting...I'll have to look into that.

These bastards at brownells decided to screw me and a few others this morning. Back in April, we ordered 1000 rounds of lc xm193 for an awesome price. So many ordered that we all got order confirmations but backorder numbers. When they got more of it in, they would fill the order.

They've had this stuff in for months and honestly, until this morning, I couldn't find a record of me ordering it. I actually thought that I had screwed up or something. Brownells sent an email this morning saying our orders were being switched from "backordered" to "first priority notification" because the factory couldn't supply/fill the order. Well, that last part us complete horse sh1t...I can order 1000 rounds of the stuff on brownells right now and its in stock, but they want $11-12/box for it. Kinda fuming...I'm about to email them.

EDIT: I'm incorrect; brownells doesn't have any. It's ctd that does
So shitty from brownells, they canceled all of our back orders and now are taking new backorderes for xm193 at $350
Old 11-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #1230
david05111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
So shitty from brownells, they canceled all of our back orders and now are taking new backorderes for xm193 at $350
Wait, seriously???

Bastards

Old 11-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #1231
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Wait, seriously???

Bastards
Yeah I'm pissed.

http://www.slickguns.com/product/fed...-free-shipping
Old 11-08-2012, 12:08 PM   #1232
david05111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
Well, I'm going to email them. I'll CC you if you want or include your order number as well. I don't want notification...I want the first damn box off the truck.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #1233
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Well, I'm going to email them. I'll CC you if you want or include your order number as well. I don't want notification...I want the first damn box off the truck.
I emailed then this morning too. I doubt I'll get a response though. Let me know if you hear anything

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Old 11-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #1234
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Apparently the preferred notice is still an order they just emailed me back and said:

"You did and do still Federal 5.56 ammunition on a backorder/notify which was placed in April. We still have those on order for you but we do not have an estimated delivery date from Federal on those. "

"Adam,

Yes, you have two orders for the Federal 5.56 Ammunition 105-200-938. One is on backorder (today’s order) and the other is on Preferred Notify( from April). Would you like us to cancel the backorder? You have the $20 promo code on the Preferred Notify and would receive the ammunition sooner.

Thank you,"

BTW the $349.99 gets discounted to $336.94 with a dealer account and "DSR" for free shipping.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #1235
david05111

I'm just not understanding. Preferred notify means they'll let you know when they get it, right? Whereas backorder means they'll ship it when they get it? So why is preferred notify an advantage?

Old 11-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #1236
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
I'm just not understanding. Preferred notify means they'll let you know when they get it, right? Whereas backorder means they'll ship it when they get it? So why is preferred notify an advantage?
Yeah, I'm not really sure. I don't get it at all. I wrote her another email and im waiting to hear back

"Will the "preferred notifty" automatically ship when it comes in stock. I'm confused on the difference between backorder and "preferred notice". I just want to make sure my first order in April will ship as soon as it's in stock and automatically bill my credit card for the price I was given in April. I just don't want to get an email saying it's in stock and by the time I make it to a computer it be sold out again. Regardless I'll keep both orders so I will eventually get 2000 rounds of federal xm193, considering at the rarity of ammo these days I wont be seeing them at the same time. Any ETA on when the april orders will start shipping or the newer orders.
Thanks for your help"

Still waiting to hear a response, but i'll let you know when I hear something.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #1237
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Finally. After a two month wait I get to send in my forms and wait many more months...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1352410443.673941.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	477359  

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #1238
david05111

^is that at your dealer or are you a dealer or what?

Old 11-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #1239
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Finally at his dealer...gun gallery jerked him around for 2 months.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Old 11-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #1240
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Quote:
What Adam said. They sat on it for a month and when I still hadn't received it at my FFL I called with them only to say "we never received your FFL info". Too bad I called an hour after ordering it to verify they had received all of my FFLs information they claimed yes. Before I give them negative reviews however I will wait to receive the compensation box they are sending to my house that is full of "swag".

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote