E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 05:39 PM   #41
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Wow, nice list of stuff. Post up details about what you're going for.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #42
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Nice, that covers a lot of different categories for the money.
Actually, how much is the LC9 running with a laser? The laser might cause you to go over budget unless you are buying something else that is used.

Also consider your ammo/accessory costs. It might be better to go with something as follows:

AK47 w/ 5-10 spare mags + sling
Mossberg w/spare shell carrier
Glock 19 (or whatever caliber you'd like) for carry w/4-5 mags. You'll need a cc holster too, which will likely run $50-100.

500 rds 7.62x39
500 rds 9mm + 50 rds SD ammo
Remainder on shotgun ammo

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #43
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO

My Ride: 2006 GTI
LC9 is 499.99 with laser, not a bad deal at all. I asked for a discount if I buy all 4 at the same location but the owner wasnt there to give me a deal. I sent him an email and now I wait for his reply.

Exciting times
Nt_loader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #44
david05111

Should definitely give you a deal, but I've only ever known one dealer to do it for me. That's why they get my business.

I used to buy from this place called Shooters in Jacksonville. Huge inventory, terrible customer service, better than average pricing, but not the best. In my time shopping there, I brought them at least 10 customers and myself, I spent over $6000 there and bought at least 5 firearms myself. Total, I probably brought them $40,000 in business.

The last time I went in there to pick up my Benelli, it was a sunday. Its an NFA item and they called to tell me that I could pick it up. They never told me WHEN I could pick it up. So i showed up on Sunday after flying in from NY and had the paperwork with me to pick it up. The manager told me he wouldn't release it to me because the person that handled the NFA stuff wasn't in to look over the paperwork. He wouldn't call the person to do it over the phone, wouldn't do it himself, and was an asshole in general. That gun alone was a $1750 weapon and he was completely uncooperative in making it reasonable for the customer. He wanted me to drive down to Tampa and come back up sometime the next week. I came back the next morning and have never been back. Not only that, I have told everyone not to shop there anymore.

I used to go in there to buy weapons with people; one time it was a Glock for me and my friend was going to buy one too. The wouldn't budge on the price at all, for buying both. They have zero customer loyalty and have never gone out of their way to beat their competitors or keep customers.

I now use a dealer who always gives me bottom dollar pricing and always strives to make deals with me.

Some dealers are just dicks...doesn't matter how much you spend with them or how much business you bring them.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #45
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
Should definitely give you a deal, but I've only ever known one dealer to do it for me. That's why they get my business.

I used to buy from this place called Shooters in Jacksonville. Huge inventory, terrible customer service, better than average pricing, but not the best. In my time shopping there, I brought them at least 10 customers and myself, I spent over $6000 there and bought at least 5 firearms myself. Total, I probably brought them $40,000 in business.

The last time I went in there to pick up my Benelli, it was a sunday. Its an NFA item and they called to tell me that I could pick it up. They never told me WHEN I could pick it up. So i showed up on Sunday after flying in from NY and had the paperwork with me to pick it up. The manager told me he wouldn't release it to me because the person that handled the NFA stuff wasn't in to look over the paperwork. He wouldn't call the person to do it over the phone, wouldn't do it himself, and was an asshole in general. That gun alone was a $1750 weapon and he was completely uncooperative in making it reasonable for the customer. He wanted me to drive down to Tampa and come back up sometime the next week. I came back the next morning and have never been back. Not only that, I have told everyone not to shop there anymore.

I used to go in there to buy weapons with people; one time it was a Glock for me and my friend was going to buy one too. The wouldn't budge on the price at all, for buying both. They have zero customer loyalty and have never gone out of their way to beat their competitors or keep customers.

I now use a dealer who always gives me bottom dollar pricing and always strives to make deals with me.

Some dealers are just dicks...doesn't matter how much you spend with them or how much business you bring them.
Yes that has been my experience as well with dealers in AZ, im in TX now so im hoping for a better experience. I guess I can always buy them online and ship to a FFL if needed. This place had inflated prices for example the moss 500 tac was 469 but I know I can get it for 399 or less.

Ill wait for the email from the owner to see what happens, if not ill buy online and ship them.

Is your dealer online? I would appreciate a link or contact info.

Thanks
Old 11-08-2012, 10:23 PM   #46
SLVR JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nt_loader View Post
Yes that has been my experience as well with dealers in AZ, im in TX now so im hoping for a better experience. I guess I can always buy them online and ship to a FFL if needed. This place had inflated prices for example the moss 500 tac was 469 but I know I can get it for 399 or less.

Ill wait for the email from the owner to see what happens, if not ill buy online and ship them.

Is your dealer online? I would appreciate a link or contact info.

Thanks
I'm about to place an order with these guys. The LC9 with laser that you seek is $360....SHIPPED.
http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsupersto....cfm/ID/110298

I'm buying a Springfield XDM 9mm for either $509 (all black) or $560 (stainless slide). That is going to save me between $110-130 BEFORE tax from anything else I've seen.
http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsupersto...2.cfm/ID/65065
http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsupersto...2.cfm/ID/65347

Hopefully you can find a few more things...they seem to have great prices on the items I checked.

Good luck!

** Removed **
Old 11-08-2012, 11:52 PM   #47
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
I'm about to place an order with these guys. The LC9 with laser that you seek is $360....SHIPPED.
http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsupersto....cfm/ID/110298

I'm buying a Springfield XDM 9mm for either $509 (all black) or $560 (stainless slide). That is going to save me between $110-130 BEFORE tax from anything else I've seen.
http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsupersto...2.cfm/ID/65065
http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsupersto...2.cfm/ID/65347

Hopefully you can find a few more things...they seem to have great prices on the items I checked.

Good luck!
Nice find! I asked how much for a FFL transfer and they will do it for 25 per gun or 15 per gun if you have a CHL. The only restriction is that they can only accept transfers from another FFL dealer.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:31 AM   #48
SLVR JDM

Sounds like you are fine...keep in mind that you wouldn't be paying sales tax like you would if it were a local business either. That obviously doesn't do your local economy any favors, but if you're spending $2k, that is a fair chunk of change that can be saved even after FFL transfer fees.

** Removed **
Old 11-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #49
Bimmerguy82

My Ride: 2004 ZHP 6 SPD
So I am from WA born and raised, have had a concealed carry permit for 8 years and am currently building an AR-15. But I will most likely moving to SoCal in a few months and am wondering about their retarded gun laws? Can you legally own an AR in CA without breaking any laws or getting into trouble? Do you need to register it? Their gun laws make me sad...
BMWCCA member #407674

Ebay headers | 3.38 diff | 2.5" cat-less exhaust | K&N intake | AA stage 1 software | UUC stage 1 light flywheel and clutch | UUC Evo 3 ssk
Bimmerguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #50
david05111

You can own one, but it's pretty restrictive s far as what it's configuration has to be. I'm not an expert on CA law regarding ARs, but I know it has to have a bullet button for one. Probably have to have a pinned stock, maybe no flash hider or bayonet lug. No high cap mags I don't think either...

Old 11-09-2012, 07:57 PM   #51
04_e46

My Ride: 2004 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerguy82 View Post
So I am from WA born and raised, have had a concealed carry permit for 8 years and am currently building an AR-15. But I will most likely moving to SoCal in a few months and am wondering about their retarded gun laws? Can you legally own an AR in CA without breaking any laws or getting into trouble? Do you need to register it? Their gun laws make me sad...
Your barrel has to be a minimum of 16", you can run a 14.5" barrel but you must have a muzzle device pinned/welded on to make it 16" OAL. Your rifles OAL has to be 30", you must run a bullet button if you want to have evil features( forward pistol grip, flash hider, collapsible stock). Magazines can not exceed 10 rounds, unless you legally own pre ban mags before the ban took effect in 2000. If you want to run your rifle the normal way with no bullet button, you must have a non-collapsible stock (a2 style or pinned stock= OAL 30"). Can not have a pistol grip so you have to run something like what they call "monster man" grip and I believe you can't have a flash hider also. You can find a lot of info about weapons in CA on a forum called "www.Calguns.net"

Last edited by 04_e46; 11-09-2012 at 07:58 PM.
04_e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #52
david05111

Such laughable regulations too...stupid ban states

Old 11-09-2012, 08:08 PM   #53
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO

Budget has been increased to 2500.00

On the list:

Ruger LC9 with TC laser = 445.00 + 23 shipping + 25 FFL transfer fee
Romanian AK-47 with folding stock = 599.99 + shipping + 25 FFL transfer fee
Mossberg 500 12 Gauge Tactical Shot Gun = 429.99 + Local Tax

That leaves me aproximately 1k for an entry level AR or money for ammo and some accessories for the Mossberg and AK.

Since I already have an XD9 and Keltec P32 I decided to not get another handgun and pass on the Glock. An AR would be nice but that would use up all my budget.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #54
04_e46

My Ride: 2004 325ci
Quote:
Such laughable regulations too...stupid ban states
Yeah it's pretty stupid, especially when I have to reload...haha
04_e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #55
david05111

Quote:

On the list:

That leaves me aproximately 1k for an entry level AR or money for ammo and some accessories for the Mossberg and AK.

Since I already have an XD9 and Keltec P32 I decided to not get another handgun and pass on the Glock. An AR would be nice but that would use up all my budget.
First off, I don't know if this has been covered, but what state do you live in? I assume it's a ban state, since this is the ban state thread?

Old 11-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #56
SLVR JDM

Quote:

On the list:

Why are you buying a LC9 for that much when you could get it for $360 + FFL transfer using the link I posted? Save yourself over $100.

** Removed **
Old 11-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #57
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
Why are you buying a LC9 for that much when you could get it for $360 + FFL transfer using the link I posted? Save yourself over $100.
The one I want has a laser
Old 11-09-2012, 09:12 PM   #58
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO

Quote:
First off, I don't know if this has been covered, but what state do you live in? I assume it's a ban state, since this is the ban state thread?
No im in TX
Old 11-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #59
david05111

Quote:
No im in TX
A few things:

1). I'd go with a Remington 870 over the Mossberg. This used to be a really close debate, but I've heard some really bad stuff about mossberg lately. Rumor has it they lost their military contract?? And their reliability and build quality has been shoddy of late, so I've heard.

2). You could do two types of setups with that cash.

SETUP A: S&W M&P 15 Sport + Aimpoint/Eotech + a few mags. (Keep AK)

SETUP B: Colt 6920 + Aimpoint/Eotech + a few mags + some ammo (Lose AK)

Or you could go for some sort of other AR at between 600 and 1000 and grab the optic. You'll want an optic with the AR...thats a given

Old 11-09-2012, 09:44 PM   #60
Nt_loader
ASA NO MO

Quote:
A few things:

1). I'd go with a Remington 870 over the Mossberg. This used to be a really close debate, but I've heard some really bad stuff about mossberg lately. Rumor has it they lost their military contract?? And their reliability and build quality has been shoddy of late, so I've heard.

2). You could do two types of setups with that cash.

SETUP A: S&W M&P 15 Sport + Aimpoint/Eotech + a few mags. (Keep AK)

SETUP B: Colt 6920 + Aimpoint/Eotech + a few mags + some ammo (Lose AK)

Or you could go for some sort of other AR at between 600 and 1000 and grab the optic. You'll want an optic with the AR...thats a given
Academy sports is selling a bushmaster AR for 889.99. Is the M&P comparable to a DPMS? I had a DPMS that I sold a few years ago.