E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #21
djmangee816

My Ride: ///m
a high end exotic is pretty much a modded car done with the best tools

djmangee816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #22
pancakes

My Ride: BMW M, VW GTI, BIKE
exotic.
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #23
RidinBimmerz

My Ride: Porsche 997 S
Aventador

997S X-51 Pack, PCCB, Full Cocoa leather and MUCH more
RidinBimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #24
v8 5

My Ride: 6 speed BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinBimmerz View Post
Aventador
you sound angry saying that bro

We have 4 websites within the family.
v8 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #25
k2pilot

My Ride: Z4MC & B8 S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea6speed View Post
If the guy driving the modded car knew anything about engineering he'd probably understand that retrofitting a substandard chassis is rarely as good as designing a purpose built machine from the ground up.

Lets not forget that mod money is completely pissed away. A garage full of exotic collector cars is going to hold value better than a bunch of stock cars hacked apart and modified.
This to the nth degree. You can't fundamentally alter a cars suspension geometry, only mildly adjust it. You most certainly won't find a car with lotus' double wishbone suspension setup in anything else, no matter how much modding you do.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #26
CJPatel

My Ride: E92 335, F430 Spider

DD -
2011 550i X - MSport
Weekend -
Ferrari F430 Spider - F1

Gone:
2008 Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Stratus White/Bitter Chocolate, coupe w/ Aston Martin Powerpack and Quicksilver exhaust
2003.5 Mystic Blue M3 6spd :(
2009 E92 335i, MSport, 6spd
CJPatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #27
xixixi
Banned User

My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by trj View Post
Really? What makes you think I am a douche bag for not liking to mod a car and willing to drive/own 3 very specific cars? I dont remember just saying I will drive a ferrari, a jaguar, or aston martin. I put in very specific models there. What makes you think that I would like to drive what fellow people in a country club drive? What makes you even think I am a member or will be joining a country club?

According to you, everyone who goes to a meeting in an expensive car is a douche bag?
Infact, you made one out of yourself for judging me on what I would like to drive. Your own post is in bold there.

I proudly drive my 325 and work on my 1968 vw beetle to keep it stock, and have(had) my mazda for my daily driving needs. Have owned a stock honda, owned a modified eclipse(bought modified which got me into hating the modified cars) and driven a lot of modified and non modified motor-cycles.
I never modified the 1968 beetle, it still has everything original including the engine, the little 3 speed gear box, even the wheels. If I were in a modifying scene I'd have put some powerful engine and a mohawk on the roof, with crazy paint scheme.

Not trying to rain on your parade and pride of working on your car but What I am saying is, if you are a CEO of a big company and drive a modified honda, what kind of impression are you making on your employees? 5% of your employees might think that you are a practical person and respect you for abilities and will/passion to work on your car, the remaining 95% will not even know you are the CEO if you drive your modified honda your office parking lot.

Also, once you are at the position where you are spending 150k on a car, you will not to turn wrenches in your car(whether you like it or not). May be you have a private garage with a 1967 shelby GT that you like the most and tinker on it for fun. But no way in hell are you going to fix your own car when you are going to spend that kind of money to buy it.

Hell, even if I were to spend 50k on a new car and it breaks down I will send it to the dealership for the repairs under warranty than to tinker on it myself.
And if I can afford 150k car then I can definitely afford to send it for repairs/maintenance. In that position, my time is more valuable than trying to waste my time on modifying/fixing the car.

Even now, if I could afford to send the car for the repairs to an indy, I would rather send it than DIY to save money.
A full time student with a full time job cant afford to send the car for repairs in the dealership, but a CEO can buy the car he wants. And his time is much more important/valueable to tinker or do modifications on his car. Even he does modify his cars, he will pay someone to do it. Get the point here?

I am just against spending money on modifying the cars that came from the factory for a different purpose. Rather spend money on the car that comes out of the factory for the supercar purpose.

Just taking an example of civic as it is one of the most sold cars.
Civic is a small car made for driving in the city and get groceries. I would not turbo a civic and make it into a race car and drive it to work. It defeats its purpose of being recognized as a normal city car. Same goes with a ferrari, I would not take ferrari to get the groceries just because I have one. A modified civic will never be a ferrari and a ferrari will never be a civic. Doesnt matter even if someone puts a jet engine in the civic, it will still be a civic. Jet engines have their place and so does the 4 cyl v-tec, they should never be cross bred.

Be real and mature. Try not to attack someone personally on what he/she wants to drive. It goes against your theories in your own post where you say do not judge the person by what he drives.
If that were the case then all BMW drivers are cocks(but now taken over by audi drivers, top gear), so we all are.
/thread
Pull up, you got too deep. BTW never put the word cock in any response to me, in the future. Leave that to your personal life. Not that I JUDGE but in respect to my comfort zone. This is a no cock zone. The sequel will be out in feb

Last edited by xixixi; 11-10-2012 at 05:25 PM.
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #28
v8 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJPatel View Post

Old 11-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #29
deafboy

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
Neither?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owtlaw333 View Post
You'll always be pretty in my eyes, Cole :luv:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissspyy View Post
i was like passed out while she's shoving the entire bar in my mouth. :rofl: :rofl:
deafboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #30
aahmed2016

My Ride: 2003 330i ZSP/CP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2pilot View Post
This to the nth degree. You can't fundamentally alter a cars suspension geometry, only mildly adjust it. You most certainly won't find a car with lotus' double wishbone suspension setup in anything else, no matter how much modding you do.
This. I like the idea of modding cars to hell, but you can only mod so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercForHire View Post
Spends $2000 on car DVD + stereo -> Running 25000 mile oil changes and 87 gas with blown shocks
aahmed2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #31
PH03NIX46

My Ride: '03 M3
Exotic.

I'd pick an Aventador or an Italia over a 1000hp+ R34 GT-R (or something of the like) any day.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #32
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eee4666 View Post
GT3RS. Keep your toys.
This right here

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
If there is one thing I despise most it's blacks always pulling the race card. It's so annoying and is often misplaced.
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #33
treadman

My Ride: 2009 320i
This CEO doesn't mod and I'll bet valets are nice to him.

treadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #34
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
Duche Bag status, what cause your rich you should drive what your friends at the local country club drive. Pathetic, disgusting, and what is wrong with this place. You don't judge a man by what he drives, you judge a man by what he does. /thread Get what you like, I personally choose to build my own cars. When my sh!t breaks, I throw my sack over my shoulder and move on. No lawyers, no bullsh!t, no finger pointing, no forum wars. Just good ol wrench turning.
Get a professional job and show up in sweat pants. See if you're still singing the same song.

Just so you know, you're reeking of "live my life a quarter mile at a time."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #35
trj

My Ride: 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
Pull up, you got too deep. BTW never put the word cock in any response to me, in the future. Leave that to your personal life. Not that I JUDGE but in respect to my comfort zone. This is a no cock zone. The sequel will be out in feb
lol, you call me a douchebag and I cant put a word in a response to you? That too, I never called you a cock(didnt mean to put it in the response but couldnt figure out how not to), I just said all BMW drivers are considered one. LOL.

Chill out man, happy modding to you. Never said anything against modding, just said I'd own a supercar than spend time and money in modding a car to that level.
If you are happy with modding, more power to you. I like spending time with my family and kids than in a garage when I have time and money.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #36
v8 5

Quote:
I just said all BMW drivers are considered one.
Not sure if 16 or just someone with moronic views

Old 11-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #37
trj

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Not sure if 16 or just someone with moronic views
lol, did you read my previous post? I put it from top gear, just didnt quote it on this post.
If I was 16, I'd be in a modding bandwagon(no offense, I already admitted I was into modding). I am way past that age and community, even when you double that age. Sometimes, I wish I was still 16 though
Old 11-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #38
v8 5

Quote:
lol, did you read my previous post? I put it from top gear, just didnt quote it on this post.
If I was 16, I'd be in a modding bandwagon(no offense, I already admitted I was into modding). I am way past that age and community, even when you double that age. Sometimes, I wish I was still 16 though
it's like your brain just pours out almost incomprehensible bullshit that has little to no relevance

Old 11-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #39
trj

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
it's like your brain just pours out almost incomprehensible bullshit that has little to no relevance
Its ok, I admit my defeat. It was my mistake not to quote the statement on that particular post and made you to assume I am incomprehensible. You win.

No sense in arguing when there is nothing to prove.

You want to put a supra engine in an e46, I want to have a supra and an e46 as two different cars. Got the point? My point is, the cars come out of the factory with a particular service purpose to general public, why change it? Your point is why not have best of both worlds in a single car.
You'd put a lot of hours and research in doing the swap, I will save the hours and spend the equivalent money.

Both are correct. I just dont agree with the later. I value time more than modding.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:15 PM   #40
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Modding is stupid unless you have multiple cars and the modded one is referred to in stages or old enough to be "over the hill."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote