E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #41
emmm_three

My Ride: ML350/325i/330ci/M3
F40

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Bimmer App
Old 11-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #42
v8 5

My Ride: 6 speed BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by trj View Post
Its ok, I admit my defeat. It was my mistake not to quote the statement on that particular post and made you to assume I am incomprehensible. You win.

No sense in arguing when there is nothing to prove.

You want to put a supra engine in an e46, I want to have a supra and an e46 as two different cars. Got the point? My point is, the cars come out of the factory with a particular service purpose to general public, why change it? Your point is why not have best of both worlds in a single car.
You'd put a lot of hours and research in doing the swap, I will save the hours and spend the equivalent money.

Both are correct. I just dont agree with the later. I value time more than modding.
ur so dum

We have 4 websites within the family.
v8 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #43
dreamdrivedrift

My Ride: 99 M3 & 95 325i
Send a message via AIM to dreamdrivedrift
I would probably take an older "non-exotic" (e.g. a supercharged NSX on JRZs and good rubber) over most new exotics, with the exception of cars like the Lotus Exige or Ariel Atom (if you can even count those in the exotic category)

One note; modding a car with the intention of "beating an exotic"; is just stupid. I mod cars to bring out what I like in them, not to hit a particular benchmark. I would not ever want to have a 600hp civic that can only go fast in a straight line and spins its front tires through 4th gear...

Last edited by dreamdrivedrift; 11-10-2012 at 09:55 PM.
dreamdrivedrift is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:12 PM   #44
wceoscar

My Ride: 323i
If money is not a problem i'd go exotic all day (Mclaren MP4-12c), the build quality and perfection is just not on par with any other modded car. But if money is an issue my choice would be a Nissan GTR with all the bells and whistles (1000hp+).

Last edited by wceoscar; 11-10-2012 at 10:13 PM.
wceoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:22 PM   #45
dreamdrivedrift

Quote:
Originally Posted by wceoscar View Post
If money is not a problem i'd go exotic all day (Mclaren MP4-12c), the build quality and perfection is just not on par with any other modded car. But if money is an issue my choice would be a Nissan GTR with all the bells and whistles (1000hp+).
Just out of curiosity, what draws you to the MP4-12C?
Old 11-10-2012, 10:41 PM   #46
wceoscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdrivedrift View Post
Just out of curiosity, what draws you to the MP4-12C?
What draws me towards the mclaren is the perfection, technology, craftsmanship, build quality, materials, engine (Twin Turbo V8) as well as the efficiency it offers (Not many exotics capable of doing 30 mpg). If you have a chance to see the mclaren technology center where this car as well as the F1 cars are designed and built you will have a better picture.

Last edited by wceoscar; 11-10-2012 at 10:44 PM.
wceoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #47
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Quote:
What draws me towards the mclaren is the perfection, technology, craftsmanship, build quality, materials, engine (Twin Turbo V8) as well as the efficiency it offers (Not many exotics capable of doing 30 mpg). If you have a chance to see the mclaren technology center where this car as well as the F1 cars are designed and built you will have a better picture.
The MP4-12C was originally a Chrysler idea.

EDIT: Nvm that was the ME 412...lol

Last edited by WDE46; 11-10-2012 at 10:48 PM.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #48
WDE46

Quote:
Originally Posted by xixixi View Post
When you stop caring about who is laughing at you, get back to me. That is duche bag status. Eye of the beholder man, sh!t in your eyes could be a diamond in mine. Like the girl you hold on your arm, not everyone is going to want to fvck her. You don't think millionaires spend money on 40yr old cars? Datsuns.. etc? You speak of class? You have shown none, maybe it will come with the car you buy?
You have a really weird way of coming off as a complete asshole. You are condescending. Obviously you think you're better than me for some reason. **** off. Unfortunately, you are the douche here, sorry, ****in guido.

Last edited by WDE46; 11-10-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:20 PM   #49
dreamdrivedrift

Quote:
I've seen the technology center and the build process before and it truly is very impressive. While I find that stuff "cool", it's not the highest on my priority list. I'm more interested in how it engages the driver than the technology behind it, which is funny since I didn't notice you mentioning "how it drove" on your list of what attracts you to it.

On another note, I know we should be trying to conserve, but to me, an exotic should be a louder than hell fire-breathing, lopey-idling, flame-spitting monster, a car that you never dare to utter the words "miles per gallon" within earshot of it.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:31 PM   #50
M3_POWER

My Ride: is better than yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
Get a professional job and show up in sweat pants. See if you're still singing the same song.

Just so you know, you're reeking of "live my life a quarter mile at a time."
What if you own the company? Can you show up naked then?

Last edited by M3_POWER; 11-10-2012 at 11:50 PM.
M3_POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #51
wceoscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdrivedrift View Post
I've seen the technology center and the build process before and it truly is very impressive. While I find that stuff "cool", it's not the highest on my priority list. I'm more interested in how it engages the driver than the technology behind it, which is funny since I didn't notice you mentioning "how it drove" on your list of what attracts you to it.

On another note, I know we should be trying to conserve, but to me, an exotic should be a louder than hell fire-breathing, lopey-idling, flame-spitting monster, a car that you never dare to utter the words "miles per gallon" within earshot of it.
I am aware of the fire-breathing, lopey-idling, flame-spitting monster definition of an exotic but for me it must be that and more... We are currently living on the XXI Century and a supercar for me must be an all in one package like a swiss knife perhaps. That is what I like of the mclaren, it has it all in one package (Performance, Style, Technology, Efficiency), Sure MPG is the least of the owners concern of said car but having a machine capable of being efficient and practical as well as fire-breathing, lopey-idling, flame-spitting monster is what makes it a masterpiece.

On a side note, I have not drived or rided on a MP4-12c but I have done so in 2 Ferraris (F430, 458 italia) and I must say these 2 feel very very raw in comparison to what Clarkson describes the MP4-12C to be. But on the track where it really matters the mclaren runs circles around all that rawness keeping all the beneftial aspects of practicality and efficiency.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:51 PM   #52
WDE46

Quote:
I am aware of the fire-breathing, lopey-idling, flame-spitting monster definition of an exotic but for me it must be that and more... We are currently living on the XXI Century and a supercar for me must be an all in one package like a swiss knife perhaps. That is what I like of the mclaren, it has it all in one package (Performance, Style, Technology, Efficiency), Sure MPG is the least of the owners concern of said car but having a machine capable of being efficient and practical as well as fire-breathing, lopey-idling, flame-spitting monster is what makes it a masterpiece.

On a side note, I have not drived or rided on a MP4-12c but I have done so in 2 Ferraris (F430, 458 italia) and I must say these 2 feel very very raw in comparison to what Clarkson describes the MP4-12C to be. But on the track where it really matters the mclaren runs circles around all that rawness keeping all the beneftial aspects of practicality and efficiency.
I was going to say I differ in my opinion of what an exotic should be, but then I realized you are right. I almost said that they should be pure performance driving machines, then I realized that is just a pure race car.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:11 AM   #53
Redline

My Ride: ///M3 Vert
I would take an e92 m3 and make it as close to the m3 gtr as i can while remaining street legal.

To me an m3 gtr or porsche cup car on the streets is cooler than any old common ferrari or lambo.

///M
Redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:20 AM   #55
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_POWER View Post
Depending on the regional laws, possibly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:23 AM   #56
dreamdrivedrift

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M=Power View Post
I would take an e92 m3 and make it as close to the m3 gtr as i can while remaining street legal.

To me an m3 gtr or porsche cup car on the streets is cooler than any old common ferrari or lambo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_POWER View Post
sexual harassment
Old 11-11-2012, 01:49 AM   #57
Stankia

My Ride: 4.2FSI S-Line
If everyone had the money for a Supercar they would get a Supercar.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:02 AM   #58
HPFMTRE

My Ride: HPF stage 3 M3
A modded exotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRzErKaS View Post
wat?? guys with turbo M3's don't have woman troubles...

try adjusting your wastegate
HPF Stage 3 #001

R35 GTR coming soon ;)
HPFMTRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:28 AM   #59
vilseck21

My Ride: B_Cryus's mother
This is what I would buy hands down

http://www.morgan-motor.co.uk/mmc/ca.../ssmorgan.html

When heated floor mats and headrest are an option, you know your car is bad ass

Last edited by vilseck21; 11-11-2012 at 05:34 AM.
vilseck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:57 AM   #60
xixixi
Banned User

My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE46 View Post
You have a really weird way of coming off as a complete asshole. You are condescending. Obviously you think you're better than me for some reason. **** off. Unfortunately, you are the douche here, sorry, ****in guido.
Thank you for taking the time to respond. Do I know you? I think it all comes down to a lifestyle. Some people wanna go to car meets to cook food and kick it family style. Some people have no wife, no kids, zero responsibility and can show up to work in just about any form. If you have a real job and lots of responsibilities in life. You will prolly want a car that is fast out of the box, 430, One-77, SLR, maybe even a 4 door to haul those kids around in. Personally for me, I refuse to drive anything someone else built. Reason being everything breaks, and when your sh!t breaks. You are going to go look for the guy that did "something wrong" It happens all the time. I'd rather look inward and move on to the next one. Build it, don't buy it. Edit so the car comes with heated floors and a clarion head unit?? ROFL

Last edited by xixixi; 11-11-2012 at 07:58 AM.
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote