E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 12:46 AM   #21
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheybe View Post
ride of my life.
Glad you could make it to the event Gheybe!

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:55 AM   #22
gringotegra

My Ride: Turbo
i'm lost, why do both cars honestly not seem that fast? Marcus what power level were you at?
Old 11-12-2012, 01:24 AM   #23
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringotegra View Post
i'm lost, why do both cars honestly not seem that fast? Marcus what power level were you at?
I guess if you call 5.7 60-130's not fast...

Marcus was cutting those consistently after dialing in the car a bit more...and I was either ahead of him or right beside him...

Also my tires were allowing me a bit more top speed than Marcus as his diameter of tire is smaller. Trust me we were plenty fast
Old 11-12-2012, 01:24 AM   #24
MarcusLSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringotegra View Post
I started around 900rwhp.. dialed it back to probably around 700rwhp due to traction issues.

60-130 was 5.67
100-155 was 5.02

Took me roughly 1/4 mil from the first cones to hit my speed limiter with another 1/4 mile of track left.. really bummed I didn't have the speed limiter removed before this but just didn't have time.

New Build by Lab22

Old 11-12-2012, 01:25 AM   #25
MarcusLSB

COmmanderwiggen won pretty much every race, I think he got beat by a Whipple Supercharged Ford GT but that was his only loss if I recall.

New Build by Lab22

Last edited by MarcusLSB; 11-12-2012 at 01:26 AM.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:27 AM   #26
MarcusLSB

Also, I raced a UGR TT on accident.. needless to say it was the asswhooping of the century.. he jumped a 747 on me at the launch, but once we got to about 100mph I wouldn't say he was pulling on me anymore but I wasn't catching him either. I was running 32lbs of boost on that pass.. but was still spinning tires at 150mph.

New Build by Lab22

Old 11-12-2012, 01:34 AM   #27
Commanderwiggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
COmmanderwiggen won pretty much every race, I think he got beat by a Whipple Supercharged Ford GT but that was his only loss if I recall.
He had about 5 car lengths on me before I even touched the go cones lol...not the best start for me but I was catching up top buuuuut he had too much of a jump Either way faaaast car A loss is a loss and I'll take it.

And he was putting down 950whp on low boost...prolly turbo charged and was running hoosier slicks.

Last edited by Commanderwiggin; 11-12-2012 at 01:34 AM.
Commanderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:34 AM   #28
MarcusLSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
I guess if you call 5.7 60-130's not fast...

Marcus was cutting those consistently after dialing in the car a bit more...and I was either ahead of him or right beside him...

Also my tires were allowing me a bit more top speed than Marcus as his diameter of tire is smaller. Trust me we were plenty fast
both Kenton and I were on 'street' tires.. 19"s.. no drag radials/etc.. Kenton was on wider, taller NT05's.. and I was on little 265/35/19 R888's.. we were in 100% street car trim.. aka matching wheels/tires.. same **** I'd use to drive 2000mi to Florida from here.. 70% of the people there (and all of the big power guys) were running drag radials, or similar.. most on 17's or 18's..

New Build by Lab22

Old 11-12-2012, 01:36 AM   #29
Commanderwiggin

It was fun on street tires that's for sure...NT05's FTMFW
Old 11-12-2012, 01:37 AM   #30
MarcusLSB

Also.. my car, with cage, and the subs in it weighs (without passengers) 3600.. both Kenton and I made ALL of our passes with passengers.. so my 5.67 60-130 was with subs, a full cage and a passenger.. Kenton was neck n neck and if he had a Vbox I wouldn't doubt he may have had me on the 60-130 even.

New Build by Lab22

Old 11-12-2012, 02:04 AM   #31
Commanderwiggin

Day 2:

Here is a video of me and Mike (Mspired HPF 2.5 6776 Turbo) This was probably my cleanest run of the day as I usually got forced to the inside (right) lane because people didn't like it And in all honesty the inside lane does suck a bit more as it's difficult to brake boost and the pavement overlaps there causing some problems with traction. I do believe Mike said he almost lost it at the start on this run because of wheelspin...you can see the problem is mutual lol.

Other vids that I have were crap...hopefully my passengers upload like they promised
Old 11-12-2012, 02:13 AM   #32
Commanderwiggin

And...when an AWD UGR Lambo spins off the track...you know there's traction problems lol.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:16 AM   #33
Matthew@wltsautosports
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: e46 m3 jb/ir
Send a message via AIM to Matthew@wltsautosports
I think thats mikes car the white one? If so mike idk if that is your daily bumper but you should try to find some foam strips to put right under the headlights in between the reinforcement bar on your csl bumper. I had the same issue on my m3 the rep bumpers never fit right. Great videos and passes cars look and sound great and boy are you guys moving; that pass on the supra was epic.
Matthew@wltsautosports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #34
BMW>Benz

My Ride: 2005 m3 smg
Quote:
Day 2:

Here is a video of me and Mike (Mspired HPF 2.5 6776 Turbo) This was probably my cleanest run of the day as I usually got forced to the inside (right) lane because people didn't like it And in all honesty the inside lane does suck a bit more as it's difficult to brake boost and the pavement overlaps there causing some problems with traction. I do believe Mike said he almost lost it at the start on this run because of wheelspin...you can see the problem is mutual lol.

Other vids that I have were crap...hopefully my passengers upload like they promised
Sweet Vid! This is Jacques from sunday. Dude with the N/A e46 m3. Im gonna upload my video of that beast tonight hopefully! Thanks again for the ride. That car blew my mind.

2005 m3 smg
BMW>Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #35
MSpired

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.5 e46 M3
Send a message via AIM to MSpired Send a message via MSN to MSpired Send a message via Yahoo to MSpired
Quote:
Day 2:

Oh man, that right lane was HORRIBLE! This run with you was my first and only run in the right lane. Car got extremely sideways from a 3rd gear brake boost; had to let completely off

Quote:
And...when an AWD UGR Lambo spins off the track...you know there's traction problems lol.
I heard he was on bald tires and didn't even know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew@wltsautosports View Post
I think thats mikes car the white one? If so mike idk if that is your daily bumper but you should try to find some foam strips to put right under the headlights in between the reinforcement bar on your csl bumper. I had the same issue on my m3 the rep bumpers never fit right. Great videos and passes cars look and sound great and boy are you guys moving; that pass on the supra was epic.
That's EXACTLY what I have been thinking of doing, thanks for letting me know that it would work!
Old 11-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #36
Commanderwiggin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW>Benz View Post
Sweet Vid! This is Jacques from sunday. Dude with the N/A e46 m3. Im gonna upload my video of that beast tonight hopefully! Thanks again for the ride. That car blew my mind.
Awesome glad you enjoyed it
Old 11-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #37
MarcusLSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSpired View Post
I heard he was on bald tires and didn't even know it
Car look familiar?

Edit: I don't know if thats the same dude.. but the car is identical.

New Build by Lab22

Last edited by MarcusLSB; 11-12-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #38
dallasberry

My Ride: ///M3
Driving lessons may be in order?

815whp @ 625wtq 27psi E98

dallasberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #39
MaverickM3

My Ride: gets badge
:Edit:

Last edited by MaverickM3; 11-12-2012 at 09:28 PM.
MaverickM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #40
Matthew@wltsautosports
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: e46 m3 jb/ir
Send a message via AIM to Matthew@wltsautosports
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSpired View Post
That's EXACTLY what I have been thinking of doing, thanks for letting me know that it would work!
No problem at all. The foam that comes with OEM bumpers works perfect because its very thin. I will see if i can grab the part number for you to help you out Mike.
Matthew@wltsautosports is offline   Reply With Quote