E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > California

California
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
Northern California Southern California

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.73 average.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #5501
Darkside213

My Ride: 04 TSX daily, 01 M3
Send a message via AIM to Darkside213

Darkside213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #5502
Papa Bear

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330CI
Dear Frobie,
I have a question.
I was in Garden Grove the other day on Valley View and Chapman and I terribly misjudged the timing of a yellow light so I went through a red. That intersection has a red light camera.
Having just bought the car and still going through registering the car to me (due to some credit union mixup) the ticket was sent to the previous owner with his drivers license and information on it.
He corrected the address and had it sent to me however all the info is still wrong. What should I do in this case? How do I handle this situation?
Thanks again for creating this thread. ^-^
Papa Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:15 PM   #5503
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: M4 and RRS (sold!)
I came across a deuce off-duty today. Local deputies apprehended the guy after I placed a call to dispatch and relayed the coordinates. Dude blew a reading 4x the legal limit. What a f*ck up!
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:14 AM   #5504
Darkside213

Goddang!!!!

Old 11-12-2012, 12:24 AM   #5505
E46Enthusiast20
Modded ///Member

My Ride: 2008 135i M-Sport
Small Question.

I am in the criminal justice field. I am about to graduate and looking forward to the acadamy. Ever since I was a kid its been my dream. I'm about to turn 21 at the end of the month. 5 years with a license. I have one ticket on my entire driving record and it was 3 months ago. 65 in a 55. (Still went to court and lost.) Will that have a impact on me becoming a police officer?

My hellrot sedan thread.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...382&highlight=

Last edited by E46Enthusiast20; 11-12-2012 at 12:38 AM.
E46Enthusiast20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:07 AM   #5506
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
No. Just don't lie about it.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:19 AM   #5507
wc325i

My Ride: stick 330
What do you do when you pull over a tourist, and he shows you the license of his country instead of an international license?
wc325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #5508
Darkside213

Usually I just let them go. I drove in Germany so I return the favor

Old 11-13-2012, 11:33 PM   #5509
E40SICK

My Ride: 2001 330ci
i remember back in 2004 in Fairfield, a cop gave me a FAT break. He caught me racing from a light, pulled my licensed and came back and simply asked what the hell i was thinking. Needless to say i lucked out big time. Yea that was definitely a dumb move. But i will never forget that moment when he said to move on and never let him see that again.

Last edited by E40SICK; 11-13-2012 at 11:35 PM.
E40SICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #5510
Pete_repete

My Ride: 98 Civic, 02 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by E40SICK View Post
i remember back in 2004 in Fairfield, a cop gave me a FAT break. He caught me racing from a light, pulled my licensed and came back and simply asked what the hell i was thinking. Needless to say i lucked out big time. Yea that was definitely a dumb move. But i will never forget that moment when he said to move on and never let him see that again.
Yea I've been pretty lucky too, one time I ran from them and the one cop caught me walking and then ran my license. He was pretty cool, just have me an obsessive speed, no points just a $175 ticket.
Pete_repete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #5511
evilstar

My Ride: 633csi & 325i
Had a friend who recently got a DUI. Hes looking for some input.

First off he knows he was in the wrong, he is not arguing that here is his story in short. Was during midterms had not been getting proper sleep working and studying. He was up early Friday for final, worked that day then went out at night instead of sleeping. He was at a sports bar watching a game, had a few drinks, went to a friends house after, on his way home he fell asleep at the wheel (2 blocks away from home) and hit a parked car. He knocked on the home owners door to let them know. They called the cops to report the incident he told them he had been drinking. They took him in and gave him a blood test next moring he was released and got a DUI citation. He has not gotten his police report yet so doesnt know what his Blood alchol % was.

Now again he understand what he did was wrong no arguing that. I still repeated to him how dumb he was for it and how he could have potentially killed someone. He messed upped twice one for driving tired and again for drinking on top. Things is he cant change the past but would like to deal with the consequences as best as possible. He is a good kid over all. I am suggesting he gets a lawyer, but he is afraid it wont be worth it. what are your suggestions, inexpereince with these kind of events? Can a lawyer benifit him, is it worth it?

Thank you in advance.
evilstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:58 PM   #5512
OHCM3

My Ride: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilstar View Post
Had a friend who recently got a DUI. Hes looking for some input.

First off he knows he was in the wrong, he is not arguing that here is his story in short. Was during midterms had not been getting proper sleep working and studying. He was up early Friday for final, worked that day then went out at night instead of sleeping. He was at a sports bar watching a game, had a few drinks, went to a friends house after, on his way home he fell asleep at the wheel (2 blocks away from home) and hit a parked car. He knocked on the home owners door to let them know. They called the cops to report the incident he told them he had been drinking. They took him in and gave him a blood test next moring he was released and got a DUI citation. He has not gotten his police report yet so doesnt know what his Blood alchol % was.

Now again he understand what he did was wrong no arguing that. I still repeated to him how dumb he was for it and how he could have potentially killed someone. He messed upped twice one for driving tired and again for drinking on top. Things is he cant change the past but would like to deal with the consequences as best as possible. He is a good kid over all. I am suggesting he gets a lawyer, but he is afraid it wont be worth it. what are your suggestions, inexpereince with these kind of events? Can a lawyer benifit him, is it worth it?

Thank you in advance.
Depending on the statements he gave to the officers, the only saving grace is that no one can place him behind the wheel. However, if he told them he was driving, and told them he had not had anything to drink since the accident, he probably doesn't have a leg to stand on.

If he cannot afford an attorney, he can ask for a public defender, and typically those guys are very experienced in negotiations with the DDA in the event he has no prior criminal history. Otherwise, a DUI attorney might be helpful in getting some sort of a plea (in the event an acquittal or getting the DDA to not file is totally impossible) to avoid some of the consequences of a full blown DUI. The BAC results from the hospital (generally not available right away with a blood draw) will have a strong effect.

"We never retreat, just attack in a different direction"
OHCM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #5513
famous22s0n
Banned User

My Ride: Bimmer
I got pulled over for my first time today I was doing 49mph in a school zone 20mph and the officer let me go I told him I was running late to school.how much would that ticket be if I would of got it lol??????
famous22s0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:09 PM   #5514
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by famous22s0n View Post
I got pulled over for my first time today I was doing 49mph in a school zone 20mph and the officer let me go I told him I was running late to school.how much would that ticket be if I would of got it lol??????
How about you slow down and stop risking children's lives and don't worry about the fine.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:22 PM   #5515
Pete_repete

My Ride: 98 Civic, 02 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
How about you slow down and stop risking children's lives and don't worry about the fine.
You can definetly see the maturity difference here...
Pete_repete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:27 AM   #5516
UTL1098

My Ride: DINAN 135i, T4R LE
Old 11-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #5517
kungfubrewer

My Ride: 2001 330 Cic
Ok so i read through the first 50 pages so far. Good reading. I have a question about an something that happened to me last week. I was driving around 75mph from Sacramento to San Francisco on 1-80 when a red Toyota Solora flew by me in the carpool lane. He also passed a Solano County Sheriff who was doing about 70mph (I was slowly gaining on him) in the right lane. I was surprised that the toyota was not pulled over, so I decided it would be fine to pass the Sheriff at 75 mph. I kept pushing forward, leading the pack of wary cars behind. I passed the sheriff, and he immediately got behind me and started tailgating me. I moved over one lane to the right, and slowed to 65mph, and the sheriff passed me and waved a peace sign to me, and sped off... I eventually passed him doing 75 mph in vallejo when he slowed to 65 and got in the right lane behind a big rig.... Why would the sheriff ignore the red toyota, who was obviously doing 20 mph over, and pressure me to slow down? Only to let me get away with it 20 miles down the road...? Thanks a bunch.
kungfubrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:12 AM   #5518
Darkside213

Hmm, most police departments unless Chp, generally don't pull over on the fwy. They leave that to us. Unless the violation is heinous. Maybe he/she was looking down at his/her computer when the red Toyota passed? Idk

Old 11-29-2012, 09:54 AM   #5519
evilstar

My Ride: 633csi & 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside213 View Post
Hmm, most police departments unless Chp, generally don't pull over on the fwy. They leave that to us. Unless the violation is heinous. Maybe he/she was looking down at his/her computer when the red Toyota passed? Idk
part of the reason i think its a joke that people get pulled over for being on the phone non-hands free. since its soooooooo dangerous.

I know you guys dont make the rules but some of the rules are pretty damn stupid. If i were a LE i wouldnt not enforce this law.
evilstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #5520
choleaoum
Ceiling missing!

My Ride: BMW 330Ci
Send a message via AIM to choleaoum
I got passed up by a cop doing 90 consistantlu on the freeway on my motorcycle and other cars were still going much faster then me and the cop just flew right by me I swear he's doing 120 he disappeared out of my sight
choleaoum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cop advice, f&*k tha police, i <3 frobie, lion is delicious, nwa