E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 03:52 PM   #61
dreamdrivedrift

My Ride: 99 M3 & 95 325i
Send a message via AIM to dreamdrivedrift
Thank god I'm still on a family plan. I was able to use my mom's line (which already doesn't have unlimited data since she wasn't grandfathered in) to get a discount on a new phone, and then will be using that new phone to add to my current unlimited line, which keeps my unlimited data plan and gives me 4G
Old 06-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #62
pointman

My Ride: .
Question... if I already own the 3G and 4G phone, can I flip flop between them without worrying about losing my Unlimited? Like I can upgrade to a 4G if I want, as long as I don't buy it from Verizon or anyone affiliated for a subsidized price right?
pointman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #63
dreamdrivedrift

My Ride: 99 M3 & 95 325i
Send a message via AIM to dreamdrivedrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointman View Post
Question... if I already own the 3G and 4G phone, can I flip flop between them without worrying about losing my Unlimited? Like I can upgrade to a 4G if I want, as long as I don't buy it from Verizon or anyone affiliated for a subsidized price right?
Yes, you can "provide your own device" and keep your original unlimited plan.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:48 PM   #64
pointman

My Ride: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdrivedrift View Post
Yes, you can "provide your own device" and keep your original unlimited plan.
Nice. Thanks. I was worried that changing from 3G to 4G made a difference hurting my plan. Appreciate it!
pointman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #65
monkeyjuice5150

My Ride: ///M3 droptop
Send a message via AIM to monkeyjuice5150
Bump for an kinda old thread.

Last week I signed up for a family plan.

For me and my wife. The guy at best buy did a rush job on our plans, so instead of switching the plan I had. He signed my wife up as the main acc holder with a family plan. And I was still on my own plan. I'm sure he was trying to get some kind of commission on a new acc holder. That same day I called ATT, and had it fixed. I'm now the acc holder of the shared plan and she is the additional line.

Anywho, can someone tell me how this work. I just want to make sure I got it correct. ATT customer support is down for the holiday.

Talk: I have the Familytalk Nation 550 with rollover. To my understanding, this plan is shared with both phone, wife and I.
Text: We also have the unlimited text/msg for @ $30. Which is shared on both phone correct?
Data: On my phone, I have the grandfathered acc. So I'm unlimited. She has a new phone. Is this data shared or she have to get her own data? Or is it a pool of data if I have to but her own or Each needs it own and only uses it own?

Last edited by monkeyjuice5150; 11-12-2012 at 03:50 PM.
monkeyjuice5150 is offline   Reply With Quote