E46 Fanatics Forum banner

What's this under my front bumper please???

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Zell 
#1 ·
I think this might be a temperature sensor but I'm not sure... Is it supposed to be above the rear edge of the bumper as I do know the bumper has been off previously, thanks in advance for any suggestions ;)

Its under here...

See less See more
#3 ·
Ok thank you, I've just been out again and noticed I think there is a very simiar part already on the upper side of the visible bumper bottom, the lugs of which appear to be very similar as outlined by the two smaller red rings on the following photo... I'm beginning to think it's been somehow "doubled up" when a new bumper was fitted a couple of years ago...:hmm: Whatever it is it's haging ready to be ripped off by the next stray object that finds it whilst driving so would like to either re fix it or remove it next chance I get...

#7 · (Edited)
OMG! (looks over his shoulder worryingly)... Nah pal knowing the previous owner I'm aware of the garage where the bumper was done (as a favor probably) so I'm beginning to think it's just been a badly fitted bumper and should be over the bottom valance. Though as said there seems to be an identical part already on the newer bumper... (should have said I believe it's been replaced) I will know more next time I require the use of a ramp... edit.
there's a guy been parked up in a car outside for ages... I wonder if he want's a coffee... ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Bimmer App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.