E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 12:24 PM   #41
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
have you come up with a unified field theory through introspective meditation yet?
Old 11-14-2012, 12:26 PM   #42
Drex

My Ride: Cosmic Waves
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Drex, why do you post these things here. No one buys it? All that ever happens are a bunch of people that tell you you're wrong and crazy.
I post things for conversation and novel ideas.

But I can imagine how awesome it would be if everyone in OT only talked about NFL, video games, fapping and chrome m3s.
Drex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #43
Drex

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
I didn't know Ben Franklin, but I'm pretty sure electricity is real. Your logic is more flawed than your beliefs.
Of course electricity is real. I imagine you experience it every day.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #44
Drex

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
have you come up with a unified field theory through introspective meditation yet?
Perhaps. And even if I have I would never expect anyone to believe my own subjective experience via meditation. Not everything you experience or learn while meditating can be put into words or shown materially

Last edited by Drex; 11-14-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #45
Silversixspeed

My Ride: Too many to list
Inner knowing?
Silversixspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #46
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex View Post
Perhaps. And even if I have I would never expect anyone to believe my own subjective experience via meditation. Not everything you experience or learn while meditating can be put into words or shown materially
ah hah. So maybe with some formal education, you'd understand how to describe it in a way that would be comprehensible to others.

Or maybe you can meditate/do some coke with some of your stock broker buddies and come up with the answer together.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:35 PM   #47
NOVAbimmer

until then, though, the scientific community will just have to wait until they can intuit the answers on their own.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #48
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.5
Quote:
I answered your question. I did not say that traders were scientists.
Then why should you believe anything even remotely science-related that you found on a trading blog?

Quote:
.Heritage has been all but whiped from modern society and then we shun the people around the world that have kept their heritage and we call them "primitive" or "tribal" as if they are some lesser being with no real knowledge. What if it's the other way around?
have you ever played the 'telephone game'? Written language > spoken word when it comes to accuracy. Also, we're at a point now where fact trumps faith, so no matter how hard you feel or want something to be true, chances are if it's not in the math then it isn't true.

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #49
CollinsE90

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
Of course electricity is real. I imagine you experience it every day.
So you would rather believe that one man with a YouTube account has more validity than a peer-reviewed journal consisted of empirical evidence gathered by men and women with about 7 years of college education and decades of research experience each, because it's thinking out of the box?
Old 11-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #50
Drex

I never said I believed everything this man is talking about. I always keep my mind open to all possibilities and I let personal experience decide what I am going to believe in, not some textbook or scientist or colorful glowing tube in the living room.

I find it quite amusing how badly some people like to attack ideas outside the norm. Gotta keep the mind in that cozy box you built yourself...
Old 11-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #51
ac_2007

My Ride: F32 M4, E46 M3/325i
I wonder what EARTH HUMAN has to say about this..
Old 11-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #52
CollinsE90

Quote:
I never said I believed everything this man is talking about. I always keep my mind open to all possibilities and I let personal experience decide what I am going to believe in, not some textbook or scientist or colorful glowing tube in the living room.

I find it quite amusing how badly some people like to attack ideas outside the norm. Gotta keep the mind in that cozy box you built yourself...
That is exactly what scientists do. They think outside of the box about an idea, test their theory, and when they think they may have found something, they don't personally advocate for it until it has been studied by many other scientists. You're just not smart enough to have an exact theory to test. You just follow the sheep of trying to be different, that in turn makes you a sheep. You make yourself believe you're different by believing in things no one else believes in, and proclaim yourself as smarter than everyone else because YOU believe it. When in actuality you weren't smart enough to believe what is true, and distinguish what isn't.

You attack ideas in the norm, because you're afraid to accept things that are true, because the truth can often be worse for you than believing something that isn't.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #53
Drex

Collins you are whack bro. I did not come in here proclaiming anything or attacking anything. I posted a video on an interesting, controversial topic. I never said I was smarter than anyone else, I actually think we are all quite ignorant
Old 11-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #54
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversixspeed View Post
I've been thinking for the last couple weeks about how surprised I am that I haven't heard more about the Dec 21 stuff.
That is because we just got through Halloween, the election and next week is Thanksgiving.

Wait till December. You'll get tired of hearing about it.

I just hope that there are no mass suicides with Doomsday cults.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:13 PM   #55
NOVAbimmer

It wouldn't be a doomsday cult without a mass suicide or two
Old 11-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #56
Kain

My Ride: E39 M5...sold!
Which timezone?
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:20 PM   #57
kuksul08

My Ride: M3
HAHAHAHAhahAHAHhahahahahahahahahahahhHAHAHAHAHhahahahahahaha hahahahahaha

"move your arms like this, activate electromagnetic fields"

"magnetic mattress"

This is so good.

Look at that subtle jet-black coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it even has a 6mt.
S54 Valve Adjustment Spreadsheet & Info: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28231781/S54...ent%20info.zip
S54 VANOS DIY Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SkT2j3jsU0
kuksul08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:21 PM   #58
IdahoToyo

My Ride: 4WD Tundra / GS500F
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Which timezone?
I think it will be one by one...kind of like New Years celebrations

The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.
IdahoToyo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:21 PM   #59
CollinsE90

Quote:
Collins you are whack bro. I did not come in here proclaiming anything or attacking anything. I posted a video on an interesting, controversial topic. I never said I was smarter than anyone else, I actually think we are all quite ignorant
Yes you did, subconsciously. When you challenged every single person saying what you posted was dumb, with emotion. This isn't your first post like this, and we see a pattern of bullsh1t that you must believe in. When people refute your posts, you claim to not ever say you believed it, just posted it. If someone semi-agrees with you, you start a conversation. Pick a side.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #60
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
I trade stock for a private firm

I actually found this video on one of the trading blogs I follow.

http://www.zentrader.ca/blog/?p=15836

But I guess if wall st. traders watch this stuff it must be totally bunk...