E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:15 AM   #2821
yousharenow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 215
My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgplayer69 View Post
what do you guys think of contrast collars?

i.e.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Supima...s=60&cgid=0203
I find that older executives and Black people love them. Not for me, personally.
yousharenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:33 AM   #2822
rohde88
Registered User
 
rohde88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 854
My Ride: S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Larry View Post
Btw I was just curious, mainly about the shopaholics in this thread: what is the average price per article of clothing for you guys here? Personally, my clothes are relatively cheap because I wait for sales on everything. On average, for me:
Dress shirts: $25
Pants/jeans: $50
T-shirts: $15
Shoes: $80
I don't follow an average per article like that. I have daily work wear and casual stuff. Then I have nice individual pieces.

I wait until the second half of the month after rent, loans, bills, etc and see what the pile is. My regular dress shirts are $50-100, trousers around $125, jeans $150, I don't think I've bought a tshirt other than vneck undershirts in years.

Shoes $300 i.e. Allen Edmonds for dress
$100 for casual or sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgplayer69 View Post
what do you guys think of contrast collars?

i.e.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Supima...s=60&cgid=0203
__________________
-Ron
rohde88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #2823
imolazhp_ci
Registered User
 
imolazhp_ci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: new york city.
Posts: 2,579
My Ride: metro.
i like contrast colors/cuffs. but they're only appropriate for a very specific time and place... the 80's on wall st. just kidding, but seriously i like them though they are rarely appropriate. I own one and wouldn't buy another.
__________________
2005 Imola Red 330Ci ZHP- SOLD
2006 Sebring Silver S2000- SOLD :(
2007 Silver Gray M Coupe- SOLD :'(
imolazhp_ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #2824
VaderDave
Invictus
 
VaderDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 11,898
My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
I had a contrast collar/cuff shirt once. It was in the mid-80s and I was in high school. I haven't had one since. They're a little too Gordon Gekko for me now, although I don't have a problem with the look in and of itself.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #2825
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 818
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
The one guy that I know personally that wears contrast collars/cuffs thinks he IS Gordon Gekko.....he's a life insurance salesmen for Northwestern Mutual, lol.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #2826
E36Eric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: L.A.
Posts: 330
My Ride: E36
Send a message via AIM to E36Eric
I agree with some of the fashion advice given but this thread is mainly geared on how to dress like old attorneys. And romeo is not just trying to dress like one, he is becoming grumpy and opinionated like a lot of them.
__________________
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky
E36Eric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:59 AM   #2827
VaderDave
Invictus
 
VaderDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 11,898
My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Eric View Post
I agree with some of the fashion advice given but this thread is mainly geared on how to dress like old attorneys. And romeo is not just trying to dress like one, he is becoming grumpy and opinionated like a lot of them.
This thread is definitely not for general style/fashion advice or discussion. If you want, you can always revive VillanovaGrad's Style Thread, or just start your own.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #2828
E36Eric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: L.A.
Posts: 330
My Ride: E36
Send a message via AIM to E36Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
This thread is definitely not for general style/fashion advice or discussion. If you want, you can always revive VillanovaGrad's Style Thread, or just start your own.
I like looking at this thread once in a while to see what trends or style of the season are popping up in attorney fashion. I have a lot of attorney friends and my wife works for a law firm. Besides my work wardrobe is more along this old man style than villanova skinny jeans style or whatever the trend is now. That is why I agree with some of the styling you guys suggest.
__________________
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky
E36Eric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:38 PM   #2829
VaderDave
Invictus
 
VaderDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 11,898
My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Eric View Post
I like looking at this thread once in a while to see what trends or style of the season are popping up in attorney fashion. I have a lot of attorney friends and my wife works for a law firm. Besides my work wardrobe is more along this old man style than villanova skinny jeans style or whatever the trend is now. That is why I agree with some of the styling you guys suggest.
If you have a more eclectic sense of fashion, then this is one of many places you might want to check out, although (like you said) we definitely tend to skew conservative/old-man style.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #2830
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,188
My Ride: is totaled
anyone meet these requirements?
1. Minimum of 3 plus years mortgage servicing and foreclosure experience.
2. Experience reviewing foreclosure files and all supporting documentation.
got a job opportunity if you at least meet these requirements
let me know
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #2831
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,188
My Ride: is totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Eric View Post
I like looking at this thread once in a while to see what trends or style of the season are popping up in attorney fashion. I have a lot of attorney friends and my wife works for a law firm. Besides my work wardrobe is more along this old man style than villanova skinny jeans style or whatever the trend is now. That is why I agree with some of the styling you guys suggest.
hmm
attorney fashion? i would think there isn't much to take note of ... attorneys in firms and in the court dress very conservatively
what kind of trends have you seen in "attorney fashion" in recent years?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #2832
VaderDave
Invictus
 
VaderDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 11,898
My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
anyone meet these requirements?
1. Minimum of 3 plus years mortgage servicing and foreclosure experience.
2. Experience reviewing foreclosure files and all supporting documentation.
got a job opportunity if you at least meet these requirements
let me know
From my experience dealing with clients working with mortgage companies, I'd say that there isn't a single person in that industry who has three years' experience. The turnover in most foreclosure departments is like 400 percent per year.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #2833
imolazhp_ci
Registered User
 
imolazhp_ci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: new york city.
Posts: 2,579
My Ride: metro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
anyone meet these requirements?
1. Minimum of 3 plus years mortgage servicing and foreclosure experience.
2. Experience reviewing foreclosure files and all supporting documentation.
got a job opportunity if you at least meet these requirements
let me know
i meet that.
__________________
2005 Imola Red 330Ci ZHP- SOLD
2006 Sebring Silver S2000- SOLD :(
2007 Silver Gray M Coupe- SOLD :'(
imolazhp_ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:39 PM   #2834
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,188
My Ride: is totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post
i meet that.
doubt you'd want this job though ... somehow i don't think $30/hour will be enticing enough
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:04 PM   #2835
imolazhp_ci
Registered User
 
imolazhp_ci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: new york city.
Posts: 2,579
My Ride: metro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
doubt you'd want this job though ... somehow i don't think $30/hour will be enticing enough
depends on the number of hours. on an hourly basis i'm at like $17 an hour or something... i just work a ton of hours. but i'm also 10-99'd so i net a shitload more than a normal W2'er.
__________________
2005 Imola Red 330Ci ZHP- SOLD
2006 Sebring Silver S2000- SOLD :(
2007 Silver Gray M Coupe- SOLD :'(
imolazhp_ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #2836
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,188
My Ride: is totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post
depends on the number of hours. on an hourly basis i'm at like $17 an hour or something... i just work a ton of hours. but i'm also 10-99'd so i net a shitload more than a normal W2'er.
doesn't mention OT, would most likely just be a 40 hour/week gig
with OT it would be a nice deal
3 locations in LA county
6 months estimated length of project

i filed taxes with a W2 for regular job + 1099 or whatever as an independent contractor for the first time this year... i had nothing taken out of the paycheck for taxes from the contract job
so at first i was freaking out because i owed so much
then i was able to deduct so much that it ended up being totally fine

next year's filing is going to be a pain in the ass ... i have like 4 W2's and a 1099 for this year
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:36 PM   #2837
imolazhp_ci
Registered User
 
imolazhp_ci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: new york city.
Posts: 2,579
My Ride: metro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
doesn't mention OT, would most likely just be a 40 hour/week gig
with OT it would be a nice deal
3 locations in LA county
6 months estimated length of project

i filed taxes with a W2 for regular job + 1099 or whatever as an independent contractor for the first time this year... i had nothing taken out of the paycheck for taxes from the contract job
so at first i was freaking out because i owed so much
then i was able to deduct so much that it ended up being totally fine

next year's filing is going to be a pain in the ass ... i have like 4 W2's and a 1099 for this year
yeah as a recipient of a 1099, my best year to date, i paid $3,500 in federal income taxes and no ca state taxes. 1099 is awesome.
__________________
2005 Imola Red 330Ci ZHP- SOLD
2006 Sebring Silver S2000- SOLD :(
2007 Silver Gray M Coupe- SOLD :'(
imolazhp_ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:43 PM   #2838
dwass325
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Peoples Republic of Chicago
Posts: 405
My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post
depends on the number of hours. on an hourly basis i'm at like $17 an hour or something... i just work a ton of hours. but i'm also 10-99'd so i net a shitload more than a normal W2'er.
I did some really rough math on how much I make per hour. I actually lol'ed when I got the per hour number. There's definitely something to be said for doing fulfilling work at a growing company though.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:46 PM   #2839
imolazhp_ci
Registered User
 
imolazhp_ci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: new york city.
Posts: 2,579
My Ride: metro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
I did some really rough math on how much I make per hour. I actually lol'ed when I got the per hour number. There's definitely something to be said for doing fulfilling work at a growing company though.
exactly.
__________________
2005 Imola Red 330Ci ZHP- SOLD
2006 Sebring Silver S2000- SOLD :(
2007 Silver Gray M Coupe- SOLD :'(
imolazhp_ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:34 AM   #2840
E36Eric
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: L.A.
Posts: 330
My Ride: E36
Send a message via AIM to E36Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
hmm
attorney fashion? i would think there isn't much to take note of ... attorneys in firms and in the court dress very conservatively
what kind of trends have you seen in "attorney fashion" in recent years?
Oh I dunno.. More bow ties, vests and wing tip shoes in the 30's age group nowadays.
__________________
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky
E36Eric is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use