E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 09:10 PM   #61
netvista

My Ride: G6E Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ating View Post
Visually it looks pretty clean, but you'll need to get it mechanically inspected if you're serious about buying it. The price is ok for the lowish kms it has. If you were to find a 2002 model with around 100,000kms they'd be going around $35k. Depends what your budget it like.
Thanks ating... 40k is my limit. this car does look very clean and the low k is def a big plus. anything particular I should pay attention to if I am to check the car out ? I plan to keep it for a while ( 3+ yrs )
netvista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #62
[SeN]

My Ride: 2002 M3 Imola Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by netvista View Post
Thanks ating... 40k is my limit. this car does look very clean and the low k is def a big plus. anything particular I should pay attention to if I am to check the car out ? I plan to keep it for a while ( 3+ yrs )
Hi & Welcome...
The car you linked is pretty clean, same year and kms as my car. I can't comment on price as I haven't been looking around but its silver and SMG which means that there will be another one around the corner for sale.

If you like this particular one then take it to BM Autowerks, Worx or Southern BM and get a Pre Purchase Inspection done. They all know the common faults/issues with these cars.

Some common faults are Subframe cracks, Vanos issues, cooling issues etc.
Being close to 80k kms, its probably due for an Inspection II service if its not done yet. If u r handy with tools then u can save some coin as lots of the jobs are DIY.

Bilstein PSS10 /// Vorshlag Camber Plates /// Turner Motorsports RSM /// Rogue Engineering Octane SSK w. ZHP gear knob /// Dice MediaBridge 1500
[SeN] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:16 PM   #63
ating

My Ride: 2004 M3
^ Yup. Also make sure the conrod bearings were replaced as I believe there was a recall done to 2001/2002 models.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:49 PM   #64
netvista

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SeN] View Post
Hi & Welcome...
The car you linked is pretty clean, same year and kms as my car. I can't comment on price as I haven't been looking around but its silver and SMG which means that there will be another one around the corner for sale.

If you like this particular one then take it to BM Autowerks, Worx or Southern BM and get a Pre Purchase Inspection done. They all know the common faults/issues with these cars.

Some common faults are Subframe cracks, Vanos issues, cooling issues etc.
Being close to 80k kms, its probably due for an Inspection II service if its not done yet. If u r handy with tools then u can save some coin as lots of the jobs are DIY.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ating View Post
^ Yup. Also make sure the conrod bearings were replaced as I believe there was a recall done to 2001/2002 models.
Thanks guys for the advice.. It's so hard to find a manual, only came across one now, don't like the colour though.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...sort=~Odometer
Old 11-14-2012, 11:14 PM   #65
netvista

just doing my home work as I have never driven or even sat in a M3.. I found the owner's manual, assuming this is the correct one ? http://wedophones.com/Manuals/BMW/20...s%20Manual.pdf
Old 11-14-2012, 11:17 PM   #66
[SeN]

My Ride: 2002 M3 Imola Red
Yeah they are harder to find, it took me a good few months...6 iirc to find one in good nick, low kms etc etc. But they are out there.

SMG II do have their perks though but nothing replaces the fun of the 3rd pedal for me.

P.Yellow....you either love it and hate it color.

Bilstein PSS10 /// Vorshlag Camber Plates /// Turner Motorsports RSM /// Rogue Engineering Octane SSK w. ZHP gear knob /// Dice MediaBridge 1500
[SeN] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:32 PM   #67
netvista

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SeN] View Post
Yeah they are harder to find, it took me a good few months...6 iirc to find one in good nick, low kms etc etc. But they are out there.

SMG II do have their perks though but nothing replaces the fun of the 3rd pedal for me.

P.Yellow....you either love it and hate it color.
try to be patient here.. lol just concerned about the age of the car, the latest model (2006)will be 7 yrs old next year.. feel like i am missing out on the oppournity to own "the best performance car ever". I do believe a well maintained M3 will last for ages though, but it's just hard to find.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:11 AM   #68
andrijko

My Ride: 03 E46 M3
The wait is well worth it! I wanted a manual as well and nearly settled on an SMG. Pretty happy that I found a manual and I love it!! Just keep on trawling through car sales. One will pop up soon enough! You never know, even for a price that you're happy to pay.

PS. I've been so flat out lately that I've gotten myself sick. I need to get the car washed and I will take my few days rest to take some photos and post them up. Thanks netvista for reminding everyone at how slack I am!
andrijko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #69
Jello63

My Ride: 2004 E46 318i Sport
Sounds like you got a very nice M3, thought about one myself, but couldn't justify the money at this point in time, so settled for the Individual . Can't wait to see the pic's mate.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:50 AM   #70
andrijko

Here are the photos! Bout time I got round to it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (2).jpg
Views:	127
Size:	212.7 KB
ID:	478656   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (3).jpg
Views:	123
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	478657   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (4).jpg
Views:	107
Size:	238.2 KB
ID:	478658   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (5).jpg
Views:	126
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	478659  

Old 11-19-2012, 02:13 AM   #71
GJA003

My Ride: Whatever runs
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrijko View Post
About time ! Not a fan of the wheels though

GJA003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:32 AM   #72
Honro

My Ride: M3 E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJA003 View Post
About time ! Not a fan of the wheels though
+1 For some reason those wheels really make it look cheap. Just my 2c.

Grats on your car though

- MOD LIST -
- ESS VT550 SUPERCHARGER @ 307rwkw | KW V2 Coil Overs | 20' Vertini Hennisy Wheels - 20x 8.5F & 20x10R -

Watch My S/C Install Vid Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guCnA...ature=g-user-u
Honro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:04 AM   #73
Jello63

My Ride: 2004 E46 318i Sport
Yay piccies . Very nice looking car mate, well worth the wait for you I bet? I don't mind those wheels TBH, but they are suited to an earlier model like E30 or E36 & not an E46 M3.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:14 AM   #74
ating

My Ride: 2004 M3
Looks good. Have you gotten the car detailed yet? If you're interested, Eurofest is on Sunday 2 Dec. I'll be there, but will be late - have things to do in the morning.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:29 AM   #75
andrijko

I'm still undecided on the wheels. But they will be changed in due time once I get more money together. Well coilovers first then wheels.

The car hasn't been done by Hamish yet. But it's on the cards. The previous owner seems to have looked after it though. If I'm not working that Sunday I plan on coming down. I want to meet some of you guys. Working retail sucks. Hardly have any weekend days off. But I should be able to hook something up.

The journey so far has been filled with ups and downs. But its been great and satisfying finally getting my dream car!
Old 11-19-2012, 05:32 AM   #76
macca

My Ride: 2003 e46 318i
looks awesome dude!

Yeah BUDDY!
macca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:51 AM   #77
andrijko

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrijko View Post

Hey guys... I need your help. Anyone have any idea what kind of wheels I have? I am trying to figure it out.

If you can help that would be great!

Pics should be in post 70.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:25 AM   #78
Sherweeeny

My Ride: BMW Civic
Looks good man! Loads of potential and imola looks good with anything!

Who knows what wheels they are. They aren't OEM
Old 04-23-2013, 06:43 AM   #79
Rajvosa

My Ride: M3
i think they are BEYERN MESH wheels.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:48 AM   #80
andrijko

Holy ****!! I actually didn't expect much but this is the greatest news I have gotten all evening!!
Thanks so much Rajvosa!!

Now I might be able to get NN11CK's Work Equip wheels!!