E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 11:55 PM   #21
Pearlmcp

My Ride: 03 BMW 330i
When I had the dice media bridge installed in my 03 330i, the USB to lightning cable worked great. No worries. I just couldn't. Get the bluetooth to work but one time for about 10 minutes. I have bluetooth'd several devices with my iPhone 5 with no issues. So, the lighting cable worked fine but my goal was Bluetooth. FYI everyone: Phone calls will only be interupted while the head unit is in BT mode. If your're listening to the radio, you must first switch over to BT to answer the call via the media bridge.
Pearlmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:08 AM   #22
mpc325

My Ride: 2004 325ci
Hey guys,

For what its worth, I recently installed a brand new MediaBridge in my car and everything works with my iPhone 5. I ran the included USB extension cable from the mediabridge unit behind the glove box into the glove box, and then plugged in the apple USB to Lightning cable into the extension. Music works both over USB and Bluetooth, but sounds much better when plugged in. Audio over the bluetooth has a much more thin and "tinny" quality. Also, When I first started using it I was horrified by a constant hissing sound that would occur briefly about once every second, but disabling the text scrolling completely resolved it (select the mediabridge with the radio "mode" button, then immediately press CD4, left, left).

If anyone has more questions about the install or how it works with the iPhone 5, I'm happy to try to answer them.

Edit: I found the solution for the hissing sound in this thread: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=854384

Last edited by mpc325; 11-19-2012 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Linked to relevant thread.
mpc325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:26 AM   #23
WBVenom

My Ride: Car 54
^ Thanks for the helpful info!
WBVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #24
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector

My Ride: '99 Techno Violet M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpc325 View Post
Hey guys,

For what its worth, I recently installed a brand new MediaBridge in my car and everything works with my iPhone 5. I ran the included USB extension cable from the mediabridge unit behind the glove box into the glove box, and then plugged in the apple USB to Lightning cable into the extension. Music works both over USB and Bluetooth, but sounds much better when plugged in. Audio over the bluetooth has a much more thin and "tinny" quality. Also, When I first started using it I was horrified by a constant hissing sound that would occur briefly about once every second, but disabling the text scrolling completely resolved it (select the mediabridge with the radio "mode" button, then immediately press CD4, left, left).

If anyone has more questions about the install or how it works with the iPhone 5, I'm happy to try to answer them.

Edit: I found the solution for the hissing sound in this thread: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=854384
I just did the exact same thing as you about a month ago. I installed my brand new bluetooth media bridge in the same spot as you and it works swimmingly with my iPhone 5 over bluetooth and the lightning connector. Coupled with the steering wheel controls, the entire set up is just incredible.

By the way, I experienced the same ticking noise as you, thank you for the link.

1999 Techno Violet Metallic M3
Bilstein | Kosei K1 Racing | Toyo Proxes R888 | BMW CCA #430881

tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #25
zebrex

My Ride: 2004 330 CIC
I finally plugged the lighting cable that came with my iphone 5 into the media bridge USB port. Its works exactly the same as my iphone 4S in every way. 100% success. I am using no 30 pin cables or adapters
zebrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:03 PM   #26
Pathfinder7

My Ride: 05 Blue M3 ZCP
Can someone please explain why this doesn't work with the iPad or iPad Mini? Is it a power requirement or perhaps digital vs analog? If the Mediabridge does not work to integrate, what else can be used to hardwire an iPad into the e46 nav unit? Thanks
Pathfinder7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dice, iphone 5, iphone5, mediabridge