E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Photography

Photography

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2012, 01:40 AM   #1
poorkid650

My Ride: Alfa Romeos!
Taking the Next Step

Hey guys... So for the last few months I've been shooting a ton of shows in my area and I feel like shooting shows is thing. I believe my first show was only about 8 months ago, but since then I've been shooting for bigger and bigger artists (for free of course.) I feel like in a few months my portfolio should be at its prime.

What I really came here to ask is how the f*ck do I start getting paid? I'm not talking about publications or editorial crap, I'm talking about touring with bands/artists and making the real money. It's a niche market, but it's definitely there and it pays well. A good example is Rukes and Jordan Loyd. I know I am nowhere near their level, but with time I feel like I could be at their level. They both have been shooting for well over 5 years in the industry.

What do you guys recommend me doing? I was told to shoot out a barrage of emails to band/artist managements, PR firms, festival coordinators, etc. offering my services and what not. Do you think this will work? I only ask this because it's a pretty damn time consuming process to get all the names and emails.

Cheers,
Gino