E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 11:13 AM   #221
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
Pure luck. Well, it depends on if you have the gene for it. Having a close family member greatly increases your chances. My paternal grandfather had an extreme case of it. It can onset quickly, as little as 2-3 weeks.

I have been specifically gluten-free for about twelve hours and am feeling good today. It's not guarantee that I have Celiac's (might just be stress, ulcer, IBS, etc) but I might stick to this sort of diet even if I don't end up having Celiac's.
You might be forced to do a paleo style die now. You can still get plenty of carbs through potatoes and sweet potatoes though so hopefully you can still be where you want in terms of your muscle mass.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #222
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
You might be forced to do a paleo style die now. You can still get plenty of carbs through potatoes and sweet potatoes though so hopefully you can still be where you want in terms of your muscle mass.
Paleo style die?

I guess, if I have to die, getting taken out by a wooly mammoth or saber toothed tiger would be noteworthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:17 AM   #223
DylloS

Quote:
Paleo style die?

I guess, if I have to die, getting taken out by a wooly mammoth or saber toothed tiger would be noteworthy.
that damn "t" was pretty important in that post lol
Old 11-20-2012, 09:29 PM   #224
VaderDave
Invictus

My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Pure luck. Well, it depends on if you have the gene for it. Having a close family member greatly increases your chances. My paternal grandfather had an extreme case of it. It can onset quickly, as little as 2-3 weeks.

I have been specifically gluten-free for about twelve hours and am feeling good today. It's not guarantee that I have Celiac's (might just be stress, ulcer, IBS, etc) but I might stick to this sort of diet even if I don't end up having Celiac's.
Sorry to hear it.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:25 AM   #225
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:

Sorry to hear that. Pretty common these days, a guy like yourself could manage it pretty easily or even cure it with time.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:53 AM   #226
dwass325

Since this is my "get back in shape" thread and this is an issue preventing me from doing so, I think it's topical.

I saw a doctor the other day and it seems my symptoms are a hodge-podge and don't definitively point to a single specific issue. There are a number of things I could have, with ulcerative colitis being the most likely, but other things like Chrohn's Disease or even cancer not out of the question.

I'm not one to give feel-good advice, but I know those of us who are in good shape often feel invincible. Guys...don't hesitate going to the doctor. I wish I'd gone weeks ago.

On a brighter note, my boss informed me that A) you're not supposed to enjoy a colonoscopy and B) it's inappropriate to light up a cigarette afterward.

Quote:
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

Old 11-29-2012, 08:59 AM   #227
rohde88

My Ride: S2000
Sorry to hear, but sounds like you're getting on the right path.

Still going Gfree?
Old 11-29-2012, 09:00 AM   #228
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.
Quote:
Since this is my "get back in shape" thread and this is an issue preventing me from doing so, I think it's topical.

I saw a doctor the other day and it seems my symptoms are a hodge-podge and don't definitively point to a single specific issue. There are a number of things I could have, with ulcerative colitis being the most likely, but other things like Chrohn's Disease or even cancer not out of the question.

I'm not one to give feel-good advice, but I know those of us who are in good shape often feel invincible. Guys...don't hesitate going to the doctor. I wish I'd gone weeks ago.

On a brighter note, my boss informed me that A) you're not supposed to enjoy a colonoscopy and B) it's inappropriate to light up a cigarette afterward.
Best of luck dwass, will be hoping for the best for you.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:09 AM   #229
DylloS

damn dude. I often think of getting checked out and getting blood work and I'm seriously too lazy to just make an appointment. I probably should.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:19 AM   #230
Silversixspeed

My Ride: Too many to list
Quote:

Seriously, sorry to hear about the possibilities of whats going on. Best of luck to ya, hopefully you can catch whatever it is and control/stop it before any major damage occurs!
Silversixspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #231
Green_Shine

My Ride: Back seat riding
Quote:

Good luck. Some good advice too, I get a yearly physical with blood work. Actually just had it 2 weeks ago, doctor was concerned because my creatine levels were high. I had to explain I was actually ingesting creatine haha.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #232
dwass325

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post
Sorry to hear, but sounds like you're getting on the right path.

Still going Gfree?
We'll see. Right now I'm on the "whatever doesn't send me to the bathroom five minutes later" diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
Best of luck dwass, will be hoping for the best for you.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
damn dude. I often think of getting checked out and getting blood work and I'm seriously too lazy to just make an appointment. I probably should.
Go get a check up, Mike. At least get your blood work done. That's completely painless and you'll have a good baseline to work with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversixspeed View Post

Seriously, sorry to hear about the possibilities of whats going on. Best of luck to ya, hopefully you can catch whatever it is and control/stop it before any major damage occurs!
We keep it professional in my office

I looked at the side effects of the medicine for UC...they're the same as the symptoms of UC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
Good luck. Some good advice too, I get a yearly physical with blood work. Actually just had it 2 weeks ago, doctor was concerned because my creatine levels were high. I had to explain I was actually ingesting creatine haha.
I've been better about going to the doctor for the last two years, and I think us athletic guys have really bad habits regarding healthcare. Granted, I didn't like my previous doctors, but my current guy is great and I think that's essential.

Quote:

Old 12-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #233
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
Quote:

Damn. What are your symptoms?
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #234
dwass325

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushy View Post
Damn. What are your symptoms?
Immediately needing to "go" after eating and almost always being diarrhea, mucus, some blood, noisy digestion, some loss of appetite.

Quote:

Old 12-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #235
kushy

Quote:
Immediately needing to "go" after eating and almost always being diarrhea, mucus, some blood, noisy digestion, some loss of appetite.
pain?
Old 12-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #236
dwass325

Quote:
pain?
Nope.

Quote:

Old 12-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #237
kushy

Quote:
Nope.
Pain and bleeding are common (but not necessary) with Crohns & Colitis. My father too was diagnosed with Celiacs disease at 56 years old. After about two weeks of doing gluten free his symptoms subsided, and now he is totally gluten free and swears it saved him. He was losing weight and having to go right away too but did not have pain. I hope for your sake that it is just Celiacs. Good luck OP, get a colonoscopy asap.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #238
dwass325

Quote:
Pain and bleeding are common (but not necessary) with Crohns & Colitis. My father too was diagnosed with Celiacs disease at 56 years old. After about two weeks of doing gluten free his symptoms subsided, and now he is totally gluten free and swears it saved him. He was losing weight and having to go right away too but did not have pain. I hope for your sake that it is just Celiacs. Good luck OP, get a colonoscopy asap.
Thanks for the kind words.

I have a colonoscopy Thursday. Celiac's runs in my family and I'm also hoping that's all it is. My grandfather had it for 40-50 years and managed it just fine. I guess the bright side is that Celiac's forces you to eat healthy. That isn't the worst thing in life.

You have Chron's, right? This whole family of things is very nerve-racking. Seeing blood in the commode is certainly not confidence-inspiring.

Quote:

Old 12-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #239
M3Inline6
F82 ///M4 coming soon!

My Ride: 335/X5/M3/848/128i
Damn guys! My g/f's mother has ulcerative colitis and the wife of one of my buddy's who works for a local PD has Celiacs. Dealing with this stuff is definitely nerve-racking.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #240
dwass325

So I just looked at the list of things I have to buy before my tests this week. I'm not allowed to have any of them in cherry/fruit punch flavor, which is HORSESH*T because everyone knows "red" is always the best flavor.

Quote: