E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #21
E46 S54B32

My Ride: 323ci
My airbag sensor is on in the dashboard maybe that?

-oem m3 front -oem m3 hood -oem m3 sideskirts-conforti intake -h&r race springs -TR Motorsport C2's -smoked corners/sidemarkers -smoked LED tails-CF CSL trunk-Black roof vinyl
E46 S54B32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:26 PM   #22
Hamsocne

My Ride: 2002 330Ci
I am sorry and feel your pain. This was totaled by an 89 Dodge pickup. Get something similar and you won't regret it.

I am happy you are okay.

No airbags deployed on mine either. Just a truck and trailer scraping down the side while I was stopped at a light.

Old 11-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #23
awesomechinz

My Ride: 1999 BMW 323i sedan
Bro in my curb accident I had 3 airbags blow on drivers side when it nailed on passenger side... Only suspension damage no frame damage but totaled my 323 sedan. If u have bent frame I'm gonna say total but hope not... Your car looked beautiful before... Truly I don't know why my rear drivers side airbag went off when I was the only one in the car but ohh well I guess

brown magic
awesomechinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #24
awesomechinz

My Ride: 1999 BMW 323i sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamsocne View Post
I am sorry and feel your pain. This was totaled by an 89 Dodge pickup. Get something similar and you won't regret it.

I am happy you are okay.

No airbags deployed on mine either. Just a truck and trailer scraping down the side while I was stopped at a light.

Dude ur rear tint job was bad... Looked like a sweet car tho

brown magic
awesomechinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #25
FTLAUDM3

My Ride: M3, Z4
Looks totaled....take off rims and bike rack...sorry ..very nice car...also take out suspension if possible. Time to get an M3
Old 11-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #26
Hamsocne

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomechinz View Post
Dude ur rear tint job was bad... Looked like a sweet car tho
No argument. Rear tint was bad from parking at work in the same place. But better a new tint job which was originally done by a previous owner than a 5 month long search for a new car. Though went from 90k to 60k and got a premium package.

Our cars are out there. Just more difficult to find. Tint is cheap and maintenance not so much.

But worst tint I have seen on this forum ever.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #27
Hamsocne

lol Awesome,

Nobody from South Bend likes an IU plate. jk

But, the fact is the tint sucked

The first time I laughed at these pics. Thanks.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #28
E46 S54B32

The ladies insurance appraised it at $2800 in damage, to me they're way off

-oem m3 front -oem m3 hood -oem m3 sideskirts-conforti intake -h&r race springs -TR Motorsport C2's -smoked corners/sidemarkers -smoked LED tails-CF CSL trunk-Black roof vinyl
Old 11-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #29
Grande D

My Ride: E90 M-Sport
So the pillar was not dented by anything physically hitting it? If it wasn't it's probably totaled, although it's a closer call than most.

Last edited by Grande D; 11-17-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Grande D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #30
E46 S54B32

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
So the pillar was not dented by anything physically hitting it? If it wasn't it's probably totaled, although it's a closer call than most.
The b pillar is bent on the inside, she hit me right where the quarter panel and door meet where the tire pressure info when you open the door

Old 11-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #31
aahmed2016

My Ride: 2003 330i ZSP/CP/PP
My advice? Grab some crap wheels from the scrapper and throw them on there to save your current wheels. And get the roof rack off as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercForHire View Post
Spends $2000 on car DVD + stereo -> Running 25000 mile oil changes and 87 gas with blown shocks
aahmed2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:39 AM   #32
ThreeOhFive

My Ride: 2002 330i
Glad you are okay. Another reason elderly people should have to pass driving tests to keep their license. I would have flipped out if that happened to me.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:45 AM   #33
Phlipofthe650

My Ride: E46 M3
Glad you're OK bro. If the pillar is bent and the frame is bent, then it's totaled. Sorry. M3 time.

"The Secret to Edutainment is to take Hip Hop beyond Entertainment, leave Baby Land."

-KRS
Phlipofthe650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:02 AM   #34
bmxpert86

My Ride: e46 TiAg ///M3
That is one million percent toatled....her insurance has no clue what it will cost to fix this or it was appraised at a crap shop...my advice is to bring the car into a high end shop asap and have them appraise it and they will total it in paint cost alone for a good shop. I don't even know how anyone on here could think otherwise. Why would you want or anyone that commented about hoping you keep the car want a car that will now be worth way less because of a collision? Or now have a damaged car and want it?

You will be able to keep the car most likely because it wasn't your fault and also get the check for the total loss. If you really love teh car you can invest some of the money back and fix it(I wouldn't), or can part it out or sell it to copart and get an extra couple grand. It's a trick that a lot of people don't know about but is totally legit. They can only take the car if the total loss was your fault and under your insurance policy
bmxpert86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:05 AM   #35
peytonracer4
:D

My Ride: '00 328i
pics of e28?
Old 11-18-2012, 02:42 AM   #36
bmxpert86

My Ride: e46 TiAg ///M3
Ps...the only my thing that matters is that you and the old lady are well and not dead or hurt. So if I seem cold, it's because I have seen what even a minor wreck can do. Me and my girl were in a bad front end collision in her accord but were just bruised up, she was hysterical about her car and I had to literally shake her and repeat it's a miracle, were alive, we went into oncoming traffic and thankfully no one was there and glided into a snow bank. I know it's someones pride and joy but health is the only thing that should matter.

I hope everything works out for you, I posted and was about to go read other threads but I felt I had to come back here and give some of my opinions. People usually go to the prefered insurance shop but you have theright to take it anywhere. Who do you think the insurance wants you to bring it to? a high end BMW body shop or one of their prefered chop shops? Many people do this and I think you should know yours options, they make it easy for you for a reason. "Uuuuimmmmmkkkay thanks for your claim now go to Buddys body shop, there our prefered shop and it will all be taken care of, we even has a car rental on site". That's what has been said to me and many family members and once the claim is through and you have a problem they are no help.

I was hit on a highway in my M 6 months ago. Kid high on xanex sideswiped me at 85mph and I was going 55. It literally was a dent on the fender and a scratch on the bumper. After the shop I was reccomended from the insurance company would not listen to my worries about the suspension I found a shop that was reccomended in my regional forum and they went over everything. The owner told me that the paint alone done right for a tiag Bmw costs a lot more than insurance company's put in and they have to fight them for the costs everytime for a oem like job.

So long story short, my M wich was driveable and had what anyone would otherwise think was a potato sized dent cost just under 9k because the shop put in actual costs of fixing a high end car. I got an allstate property damage check for $8700(I did not go after the driver for civil or health costs). I paid the shop 1k for storage and going over the car. I took the car out of there and bought two front fenders on here for $300, installed myself. I Had the control arm replaced, I'm gonna get a new bumper or csl one in spring and pocketed $7000 and have the same condition car I had pre crash.

So use your regional forums most recommended high end shop and bring it there. Your car is way worse shape then mine was. So get the total loss check and part it, sell it, track it, or swap a 2jz in and get what you deserve. You should not lose out when you sell the car because some lady hit you and the shop didn't fix everything correct to oem quality. In Ny you get the car and the check if the wreck was not caused from you.

It's like what happened to my house from sandy. My mom was so upset because a tree fell on our house and a huge branch ripped and destroyed the pool liner. In the end it all worked out. My mom lives paycheck to paycheck and the roof was on it's way out within the next year and the pool liner would need to be replaced in a year or two. So now instead of going into more debt for home improvement loans, the hurricane actually worked out for the better and we get much needed home repair and extra money from it. Yeah in the begining it sucks and causes a lot of stress but it just might turn into something good.

Good luck, hope all works out for you, please get into a M, because it really is such an awesome car. Just make sure you have the $$$$ to maintain.

\End long insurace company scummers rant\

Last edited by bmxpert86; 11-18-2012 at 02:56 AM.
bmxpert86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #37
E46 S54B32

I've taken it to 2 shop both day the car is more than likely totaled

Old 11-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #38
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBoy323i View Post
That just shows how safe these cars are, my friends have gotten into accidents where their e46s were totaled and made it out without a single scratch. If the pillar is bent and frame damage, totaled. Plus paint for the car would be at least $1000. Insurance will most likely to with their expensive shop that overestimates everything.
there's so much wrong with your statement.

But I digress. OP, glad you're ok. Car looks done.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:07 PM   #39
Stinger9

My Ride: '04 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxpert86 View Post
Ps...the only my thing that matters is that you and the old lady are well and not dead or hurt. So if I seem cold, it's because I have seen what even a minor wreck can do. Me and my girl were in a bad front end collision in her accord but were just bruised up, she was hysterical about her car and I had to literally shake her and repeat it's a miracle, were alive, we went into oncoming traffic and thankfully no one was there and glided into a snow bank. I know it's someones pride and joy but health is the only thing that should matter.
Very nicely written interesting personal story!
Stinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:15 PM   #40
Stinger9

My Ride: '04 330Ci
E46 S54B32

Sorry OP! seven years ago my car had almost same appearing damage, except was done with a sideswipe rather than impact.
Had mine repaired in the middle of NYC for $2000 total and to this day looks new.
Stinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote