E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #21
ChrisRedmon

My Ride: 2002 PY ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTripper View Post
For the mirrors I used Mothers back to black gel.

I actually did mine yesterday (exterior trim and badge) didn't come out too perfect but good... I think it takes way longer than suggested for good to great results. the friggin spray nozzle has to be watched.... and don't use the can use the aerosol.
Spraying plastidip is ridiculously easy. You can spray it 2" from the object and it will still dry/set flush. Doesn't really run.... My entire wheel dried in 7 minutes. Did you clean the trim prior?
2002 Phoenix Yellow E46 M3 l 6MT l Nappa l Nav l STG Coilovers 7k/8k l BMW Performance SSK l OEM ZCP's l Kirk Roll Bar l Motorsport Hardware l Besian Systems l CSL/GTR Carbon Fiber Hood, Trunk & Diffuser l Status Gruppe Sec. 3 l Custom Rear Brace l Rear Seat Delete l Coby Wheel Products

ChrisRedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #22
JTripper

My Ride: 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRedmon View Post
Spraying plastidip is ridiculously easy. You can spray it 2" from the object and it will still dry/set flush. Doesn't really run.... My entire wheel dried in 7 minutes. Did you clean the trim prior?
OOOOH HELL YEAH i used degreaser then alcohol! all the pros preach.....CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN! before any type of painting no matter the paint.

Check out the Hash Tag: #BMWorNADA
Polly is her name. 'Maintenance B4 Mods'
MODS: AC Schnitzer Strut Bar, M3 Bumper, OEM Style 264 Wheels, AEM CAI, H&R Sport Cup Kit, Koni, w/Reinforced Towers, Interior Wrapped/Brushed Aluminum, A&C Pillars/Faux Suede, I.C.E.: FX-R Retrofit with Weisslicht's frosted Halos 120 LEDs, Pioneer HU & Rear deck. All upgrades done BY ME except the bumper.
Tons of DIY's done, check my profile page.
JTripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #23
ChrisRedmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTripper View Post
OOOOH HELL YEAH i used degreaser then alcohol! all the pros preach.....CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN! before any type of painting no matter the paint.
Hmmmm. Well i hope you put a thick coat on there! Or its a real bitch to get off. Break out the sandpaper homie
2002 Phoenix Yellow E46 M3 l 6MT l Nappa l Nav l STG Coilovers 7k/8k l BMW Performance SSK l OEM ZCP's l Kirk Roll Bar l Motorsport Hardware l Besian Systems l CSL/GTR Carbon Fiber Hood, Trunk & Diffuser l Status Gruppe Sec. 3 l Custom Rear Brace l Rear Seat Delete l Coby Wheel Products

Old 11-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #24
cgj

My Ride: 2006 325CIC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymouse777 View Post
I used it on my side view mirrors made them look brand new

Sent from my LG-P930 using Bimmer App
I like this idea. May have to give it a try.
cgj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #25
Loaded325i

My Ride: bmw 325i
I did my wheels
2004 BMW 325i CW,PP and Sports Package
1996 toyota avalon-263,000-Sold
2003 Lexus Is300-Sold
2000 Acura TL-Sold
2000 Accord 5 speed-Sold
Loaded325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #26
Hockeyguy02

My Ride: E46 m3
Anyone do their stock 19" m3 rims I'm considering doing mine
Hockeyguy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #27
ChrisRedmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy02 View Post
Anyone do their stock 19" m3 rims I'm considering doing mine
Yas. I love it, just a real bitch to clean. Wont be on much longer though

Old 11-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #28
Hockeyguy02

My Ride: E46 m3
Quote:
Yas. I love it, just a real bitch to clean. Wont be on much longer though

That looks great ! What's the plan now for your wheels ?
Hockeyguy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #29
ChrisRedmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy02 View Post
That looks great ! What's the plan now for your wheels ?
To take them off.

After some maintenance items im getting some BBS CH's. Ill keep these as winter wheels unless someone on here buys them.

PLASTIDIP - FTW

Old 11-20-2012, 03:34 PM   #30
omhl

My Ride: E46 M3 6MT
Send a message via AIM to omhl
Spray that **** like butter on your car. It's like a Saran 3m clear bra vinyl tint protector. Linda like a LCD screen film protector.
Gonna be blacked out murder demon dark ghost pimping agrreeeerreesd.

So koolaid
Old 11-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #31
ChrisRedmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by omhl View Post
Spray that **** like butter on your car. It's like a Saran 3m clear bra vinyl tint protector. Linda like a LCD screen film protector.
Gonna be blacked out murder demon dark ghost pimping agrreeeerreesd.

So koolaid
What the literal fuk

Old 11-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #32
Zell

My Ride: Has no throttle
lolwtf is plastidip
Old 11-20-2012, 04:05 PM   #33
illestminimike

My Ride: Project Drama
It works great with the Chris Brown Mod.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #34
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
all you guys are effing up your mirrors. i know why you're plasti-dipping them and using black to back (greasing them up). because they have turned white or hazy over time with spotting. my mirrors were a little like that. i fully restored them to their natural state (no painting or greasing) so they're naturally brand new. they look like 2013 BMW mirrors off the showroom floor. no hint of restoring, painting, or greasing. looks like they just came out of a BMW parts counter box.

if you search around you can find out how to do it... i came up with the idea on my own but i'm sure others have done the same as well. just think for a bit!

if the forum is nice i can do a professional mango top tip thread on how to do it. (all the plastics/rubber/trim on my entire car including engine bay is also fully restored front to back)

some parts though if too far gone need to be replaced. (windshield cowl and headlight gaskets are some and rear window quarters on the coupes)

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #35
ChrisRedmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestminimike View Post
It works great with the Chris Brown Mod.
Which is.....just painting the interior of the headlight housing. Right?

Old 11-20-2012, 05:56 PM   #36
illestminimike

My Ride: Project Drama
Quote:
Which is.....just painting the interior of the headlight housing. Right?
Yes. Here is black and yellow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1353452179.418424.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	478908  
Old 11-21-2012, 08:08 AM   #37
ChrisRedmon

Oh just the inner bowl? I thought there was more to it. I painted mine yellow quite some time ago.....might plastidip it. Its a little much yellow, yea?

This is the only picture i have without all of the other lights drowning it out.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #38
mightymouse777

My Ride: 01 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
some parts though if too far gone need to be replaced. (windshield cowl and headlight gaskets are some and rear window quarters on the coupes)
Yup replaced the cowl recently and undoubtedly need the rear window quarters and will replacement the headlight gaskets when i get my hids. Next month thought bought all new rotors pads and lines. After ill begin replacing bushings and shocks etc. Attempt to tackle the oil housing gasket also :/ not looking forward to that one at all

Sent from my LG-P930 using Bimmer App
mightymouse777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:33 AM   #39
FKNricky

My Ride: 2000 323i
LMFAO @ chris brown mod.

and i've done my wheels and grill. it's so easy to use and just as others have said... its a bitch to clean. can't scrub them and you gotta use degreaser. i painted m3 18's.. so getting in between the spokes to clean is a pain in the dick. i guess the look after a wash is rewarding though thats the only reason why i've kept it.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...ky/photo-2.jpg

Last edited by FKNricky; 11-21-2012 at 10:33 AM.
FKNricky is offline   Reply With Quote