E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT

NY / NJ / CT
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
NY NJ CT

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #1
Wagonsforlife

My Ride: e34 530it, e46 325it
looking for a powder coating shop near edison NJ

as title says thanks in advance

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
nikzbord

My Ride: E46 M3
Usa wheels
perfect metal
Needpowdercoating.com
nikzbord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
Infamous M5

My Ride: Dream cars
ESPO's Powdercoating in Staten Island. Worth the trip.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Espos...98081376881152
Infamous M5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:12 PM   #4
04yfz

My Ride: A car
What do you need done?
Old 08-31-2012, 07:57 PM   #5
ViKTORiOUS

My Ride: Bimmer,Benz,and Jeep
Send a message via AIM to ViKTORiOUS Send a message via Yahoo to ViKTORiOUS
Espo's hands down.

Don't waste your time with anyone else.

President/Founder of euro.techniks
2002 Mercedes-Benz W163 WALD ML320 | 2006 BMW E60 M5 | 2005 Jeep WK Grand Cherokee
DPE Wheels | DTM-Spec | Xclusv Autosports | AWE-Tuning | Automotive Tailors
ViKTORiOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:52 PM   #6
Barbaros

My Ride: 02 TIAG M5
ESPO of course!!! I love espo lol! Haven't had to chance to get something done yet but i sure will!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #7
surfdoc101

My Ride: X%
needpowdercoating.com Botched my rims

So I contacted Billy to get a set of factory 20" BMW X5 rims done. Billy was very helpful over the phone and in picking out a color. The turn around time was amazing.... The coat is a great color of paint and just what we had discussed. I showed up and picked up the wheels not giving them a very close look.

Two days later, I got the car washed and was polishing the wheels. That is when I noticed two of the rims where very uneven. The color was a deep gunmetal gray so it was hard to notice until the light hit the wheel.
On several spots on both rims the paint was uneven and lumpy near the axel hole of the wheel. I also noticed a spot where the clean coat is bubbling.

I contacted Billy and asked if he could fix it. He told me sure to just bring him the wheels. I explained the wheels are on the car, I paid for the tires to be mounted and alignment to be done. I could not drop off the wheels and he should take the car, remove the wheels and re-install them. He told me no he cannot have the vehicle on his property for insurance reason and I would have to bring him the wheels only. I then asked for a refund on the two rims so I could get them redone at another powder-coater that I found who could meet my needs. After all it is his work that was defective.

I never heard back.....

Bottom line - you get what you paid for, coat is cheap... but if your a perfectionist about your car. I wouldn't go here. Ask your dealer where they do powdercoating and go there.
surfdoc101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:14 AM   #8
dreamteam1000000

My Ride: 2003 x5 (e53)
perth amboy theres a guy who is really good at it can give you his number he has a garage by the adult high school he works out of
Old 11-21-2012, 08:56 AM   #9
L0standards

My Ride: E46/325i-sold e46/m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfdoc101 View Post
So I contacted Billy to get a set of factory 20" BMW X5 rims done. Billy was very helpful over the phone and in picking out a color. The turn around time was amazing.... The coat is a great color of paint and just what we had discussed. I showed up and picked up the wheels not giving them a very close look.

Two days later, I got the car washed and was polishing the wheels. That is when I noticed two of the rims where very uneven. The color was a deep gunmetal gray so it was hard to notice until the light hit the wheel.
On several spots on both rims the paint was uneven and lumpy near the axel hole of the wheel. I also noticed a spot where the clean coat is bubbling.

I contacted Billy and asked if he could fix it. He told me sure to just bring him the wheels. I explained the wheels are on the car, I paid for the tires to be mounted and alignment to be done. I could not drop off the wheels and he should take the car, remove the wheels and re-install them. He told me no he cannot have the vehicle on his property for insurance reason and I would have to bring him the wheels only. I then asked for a refund on the two rims so I could get them redone at another powder-coater that I found who could meet my needs. After all it is his work that was defective.

I never heard back.....

Bottom line - you get what you paid for, coat is cheap... but if your a perfectionist about your car. I wouldn't go here. Ask your dealer where they do powdercoating and go there.
Shoulda went to espo
Old 11-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #10
Infamous M5

My Ride: Dream cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfdoc101 View Post

I never heard back.....

Espo would have done a sick job!! Next time give him a call..
Infamous M5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #11
DenaliXTC

My Ride: S/C M3, 745i, X5M
Send a message via AIM to DenaliXTC
xclusv/espos did the HRE's on my caddy they came out perfect. Worth the trip.

Active Autowerkes Gen 7 Stage 2 | Evosport | Vorsteiner | DPE | Supersprint | Rogue Eng.
Brembo 6pot 355/4pot 345 | Dinan 3.91 | HKS | HPF | Custom GTR | Radar Mirror | Leatherz | Beemer Evolution

LSB/Cinn M3 490 RWHP superflow dyno
2011 X5 M White/Blk Vorsteiner
2005 CTS-V 549rwhp/524rwtq all motor
2013 JCW MINI Cooper hardloaded
DenaliXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:38 AM   #12
TOMMY G

My Ride: 2011 BMW 335 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagonsforlife View Post
as title says thanks in advance
I am in Lawrenceville, and can get you anything powder coated in any color...hit me up and I'll be happy to help.

I drive through Edison daily and can pick it up for you too if it fits in my car.

~and~ Exclusv gets my 2nd vote b/c James is good peeps
TOMMY G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:37 PM   #13
joey330i

My Ride: bmw m3
espos in staten island