E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #241
InDiGlOM3

My Ride: HPF M3 stg 2.5
Send a message via AIM to InDiGlOM3 Send a message via Yahoo to InDiGlOM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI330Ci View Post
There is a guy, but the trick is catching him. He is in HUGE demand globally in the motorsport industry.

Ironically, he really does prefer to go by the name "Mr.X", but this past year he made a very public appearance on another forum.

Agreed, Nick would be awesome! But I don't think Basar wants to ship his car to Florida.
He's a good friend of mine.

Sent from my PG86100 using Bimmer App
Old 10-26-2012, 05:51 AM   #242
PEI330Ci
58mm of Bliss

My Ride: 330i, 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusLSB View Post
Is that appearance related to the S62?
Yes, some comments were made on Peter's project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDiGlOM3 View Post
He's a good friend of mine.
Mr.X or Nick?
PEI330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #243
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i

The HPF Z4M Turbo System will be complete soon and all stages will be produced. Here are more details. We are working with Basar to get him the new EMS, harness and base map.

Here's a thread with more details....
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=952492

Last edited by HPF Chris; 10-26-2012 at 06:34 PM.
HPF Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #244
basar13

My Ride: Z4M, R8, 525xd, STI
Thank you Chris hope to see some good news this week :S
Old 11-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #245
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by basar13 View Post
Thank you Chris hope to see some good news this week :S
Me too.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #246
basar13

Is there any progress Chris ?
Old 11-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #247
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Is there any progress Chris ?
John is finishing up the Z4M wiring harness for the AEM gen 2 and will be back in next Monday and Tuesday to dial the car in. I'll keep you posted basar.

Chris.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #248
SlideFox

My Ride: A Bucket w/ 4-Wheels
Hmmmmm.....
Old 11-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #249
HPF Kirk
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideFox View Post
Hmmmmm.....
So are you like the commuminty instigator? Just curious...
HPF Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:26 AM   #250
Beedub

My Ride: bmw z4m vt2-525
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Kirk View Post
So are you like the commuminty instigator? Just curious...

Hpf kirk. Your attitude is ALL wrong.
Bas has been waiting for a LONG time, people being sceptical about the timeline is unfortunately going to happen. This is a public thread after all that invites opinions, however mis_guided they may be.

I can't wait to see this work out for you bas!!!!! I'm pretty certain this is going to be sorted very soon with the new people on board!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #251
HPF Kirk
Past Site Sponsor

Momentary lapse of professional I apologize to everyone for it. I have been working with Basar for quite some time now, which is where my frustration comes from. I know how he feels and I cant wait until we get AEM setup figured out for Basar so him and Providence can tear up Turkey in their turbo S54s.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #252
basar13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Chris View Post
John is finishing up the Z4M wiring harness for the AEM gen 2 and will be back in next Monday and Tuesday to dial the car in. I'll keep you posted basar.

Chris.
Thanks Chris, i heard that John is coming to HPF tomorrow. Is there any possiblity for you to make a video? It would be nice to see John Reed working on BMW Also on a HPF car.

Did he complete the harness ? Why exactly is he coming for.

Should i be expecting to see my car run in December ?
Old 11-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #253
basar13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
Hpf kirk. Your attitude is ALL wrong.
Bas has been waiting for a LONG time, people being sceptical about the timeline is unfortunately going to happen. This is a public thread after all that invites opinions, however mis_guided they may be.

I can't wait to see this work out for you bas!!!!! I'm pretty certain this is going to be sorted very soon with the new people on board!!!
Thanks bro thank you for feeling my pain.

I want to make a summary of my situation.

There wasnt any plug and play ecu for Z4M and so i wanted to put M3 ecu on my car to use the plug and play ecu of HPF. So i have bought E46 M3 ecu, keys and EWS 2 days later on e46fanatics.com (05-05-2011) Jason (Pro-efi) said

''Anybody who wants to get me a Z4M to do a kit on, I'll give you a smoking deal! Just PM me or email me at jason@proefi.com ''

So i returned the ecu, key and EWS because i thought it was a great news and i was not going to have to work on E46 M3 ecu to work on Z4M.

Then on 05-20-2011 MarcusLSD replied

'' We're bringing the car down this Saturday. ''

That saturday was 05-22-2011.... Friend of Marcus have given his Z4M to Pro-efi to make a plug and play kit so then they were going to sell a ''Z4M plug and play ecu''

I have received the ''Pro-Efi plug and play Z4M kit'' NEXT YEAR ! @05-18-2012 and it was not working. It was also missing igniters and pins. I have paid extra for those but still Pro-efi didn't work and now Jason doesnt take the ecu back claiming that HPF was going to develop and complete the ''kit''. (He didn't take the responsibility and blamed on HPF)

Then i waited for 5 months for Pro-Efi to solve this issue NOTHING HAPPENED! SO i have bought e46 m3 Ecu, key and EWS once again....

Then 7 days later Chris told me that John Reed was going to build the harness and the tune so due to reputation of John Reed i agreed to put my E46 M3 ecu project on hold once again.

Right now everything excluding injectors are installed on car. If i can get a working ecu and the harness my car is good to go. (Didnt install the injectors because i am still using stock ecu.)

Right now it has been 1 year and 5 months since i have been waiting for a plug and play ecu for my Z4M. I wish i had gone to my M3 ecu route.

I have installed the turbo kit on my car 05-26-2012 and since then i cannot use my car. So it has been 6 months... This was the worst part and i hope it ends soon.

Thats it for now lets see how it will go with John Reed. Such a simple thing costed me 1 and a half year.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #254
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
That saturday was 05-22-2011.... Friend of Marcus have given his Z4M to Pro-efi to make a plug and play kit so then they were going to sell a ''Z4M plug and play ecu''
Just wanted to clear up this little piece of wrong information...Trevor drove his Z4M to Lutz in Florida...where it has been waiting for Alpha to tune...and Trevor hasn't driven his Z4M for over a year now.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #255
MarcusLSB

My Ride: BMW's
Quote:

There wasnt any plug and play ecu for Z4M and so i wanted to put M3 ecu on my car to use the plug and play ecu of HPF. So i have bought E46 M3 ecu, keys and EWS 2 days later on e46fanatics.com (05-05-2011) Jason (Pro-efi) said

''Anybody who wants to get me a Z4M to do a kit on, I'll give you a smoking deal! Just PM me or email me at jason@proefi.com ''

So i returned the ecu, key and EWS because i thought it was a great news and i was not going to have to work on E46 M3 ecu to work on Z4M.

I have received the ''Pro-Efi plug and play Z4M kit'' NEXT YEAR ! @05-18-2012 and it was not working. It was also missing igniters and pins. I have paid extra for those but still Pro-efi didn't work and now Jason doesnt take the ecu back claiming that HPF was going to develop and complete the ''kit''. (He didn't take the responsibility and blamed on HPF)

Then i waited for 5 months for Pro-Efi to solve this issue NOTHING HAPPENED! SO i have bought e46 m3 Ecu, key and EWS once again....

Then 7 days later Chris told me that John Reed was going to build the harness and the tune so due to reputation of John Reed i agreed to put my E46 M3 ecu project on hold once again.

Right now everything excluding injectors are installed on car. If i can get a working ecu and the harness my car is good to go. (Didnt install the injectors because i am still using stock ecu.)

Right now it has been 1 year and 5 months since i have been waiting for a plug and play ecu for my Z4M. I wish i had gone to my M3 ecu route.

I have installed the turbo kit on my car 05-26-2012 and since then i cannot use my car. So it has been 6 months... This was the worst part and i hope it ends soon.

Thats it for now lets see how it will go with John Reed. Such a simple thing costed me 1 and a half year.
We haven't given up on ProEFI in the Z4M yet.

youtube.com/marcuslsb -- Check out photography by Gheybe!

New Build by Lab22

MarcusLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #256
SlideFox

Has there been any update from ProEFI on their Z4M plug and play kit? I thought Lutz had it running and tuned on ProEFI?
Old 11-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #257
HPF Kirk
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideFox View Post
Has there been any update from ProEFI on their Z4M plug and play kit? I thought Lutz had it running and tuned on ProEFI?
Don't you work for Jason @ Pro-EFI?

Their car is as far as ours... No full throttle as far as I know...

Maybe Andrew or his fabricator can chime in on this?
Old 11-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #258
PEI330Ci
58mm of Bliss

My Ride: 330i, 330Ci
Quote:

Basar,

It's tough to see your frustration manifested in this summary.

This is a clear example of the difference between an "intention", and a "result". Unfortunately, many people want something so badly that they get the 2 confused. This happens through 3 areas:
  • Product Developement
  • Product Sales
  • Product assessment by the customer

During product development, the people involved are so focused on their goal that this is all they talk about. The sales people hear this, and that's what they sell. The Customer hears both the product development goals, and the sales pitch, believes they are seeing congruency of product development, and then literally buys into the goal. However, there is a difference between intention, and the finished result of going through the development process.

In my profession this difference is often separated by 10s of millions of dollars, and we don't respond as patiently as you have Basar.

Last edited by PEI330Ci; 11-26-2012 at 08:36 PM.
PEI330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:57 PM   #259
SlideFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Kirk View Post
Don't you work for Jason @ Pro-EFI?

Their car is as far as ours... No full throttle as far as I know...

Maybe Andrew or his fabricator can chime in on this?
Seriously.......

I'm going to say this one last time, because the entire HPF team seems to have reading comprehension issues.

I DO NOT WORK FOR PRO-EFI

I HAVE NEVER WORKED FOR PRO-EFI

I NEVER WILL WORK FOR PRO-EFI

I haven't worked in the automotive industry in over 5 years!!!!!

So, please stop asking if I work for Pro-EFI.

Last edited by SlideFox; 11-26-2012 at 11:03 PM.
SlideFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:02 PM   #260
BimmerBrakes
The Brake Newbie!

My Ride: 2005 ZHP BMW
Send a message via AIM to BimmerBrakes
^ one of the funniest thing i have read on fanatics...
BimmerBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote