E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 07:42 AM   #761
MaximumWalrus

My Ride: E39 530i
Ok, so I've been using iGo for a while now. It's a fantastic peice of software and I've ironed out most of my teething trouble. I've mostly fixed the responsiveness/speed issue by upgrading to a Class 10 SD card. This has made it loads more responsive.

I've only really got a few issues left, wondering if you guys could help out?

Distance to next action - at the moment I have the voice alerts set to Minimal and it only alerts me to a turn when I am 60 yards from it. Usually this is too late. If I change it to the middle option it isn't much better - about 100 yards - and if I go for 'Verbose' the damn thing doesnt shut up, which is too much.

All I really want to do is change it so that it alerts me 300 yards before an action and not 60 yards. I'd imagine I can do this with sys.txt, any ideas?

Secondly, speed cameras. I'm using the 'Dynavin Edition' of iGo 2.0 and the latest maps. The speed camera warnings, locations on maps, etc etc are all spot on. But instead of an audiable warning I get.. nothing. Something happens - the system mutes the radio volume momentarily when I get near a camera - but it doesn't actually play a sound. I've got alerts turned on at my chosen setting, 105% of speed limit.

Whats going on here? I don't mind not getting an audiable alert if I'm not speeding but if I'm not getting an alert I'd rather it didnt cut the radio volume as if its announcing something when infact its not. Any ideas?

Also, any way of getting more than 3 peices of information on the screen at once? I have time, arrival time and speed but I'd like distance to destination as well..
MaximumWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #762
TitanSilverE46

My Ride: 2001 318i & 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumWalrus View Post
Secondly, speed cameras. I'm using the 'Dynavin Edition' of iGo 2.0 and the latest maps. The speed camera warnings, locations on maps, etc etc are all spot on. But instead of an audiable warning I get.. nothing. Something happens - the system mutes the radio volume momentarily when I get near a camera - but it doesn't actually play a sound. I've got alerts turned on at my chosen setting, 105% of speed limit.

Whats going on here? I don't mind not getting an audiable alert if I'm not speeding but if I'm not getting an alert I'd rather it didnt cut the radio volume as if its announcing something when infact its not. Any ideas?
To activate the 'Exceeding speed' warning, open 'DATA.ZIP' file and find the' dynavin.ini' file. Open this with a text editor such as notepad and scroll down to [warnings]. Find 'speedlimit_warning_voice=0' and change the value to '1' Save the modified 'dynavin.ini' file back into 'DATA.ZIP' (This is required because the guy who kindly provided the files did not like having speed warning alerts all the time.)
Old 03-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #763
MaximumWalrus

Awesome, thanks! Will give that a try

Just the distance before announcements to fix now!
Old 03-16-2012, 06:19 AM   #764
TitanSilverE46

Proving that no matter what you know, there is always something to learn! I have a real newbie question.

I want to make some screen captures but when ever I touch the screen in the Top Left Corner it changes to:-

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen002.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	442165

Only then, when I touch the extreme Top Left of the screen will it make a Screen Capture ... but only of this screen! So at least Screen Capture works... but not with any other screen.

What am I doing wrong? Or is there some setting to adjust?
I am using the iGo Primo 9.6.2.209584, Dynavin Edition with Dynavin-Extension skin.
A pm to an expert suggested the sys.txt needed an extra section:-

To be able to do 'Screen Captures", open sys.txt in the Primo folder and add:-
[interface]
extra_settings=1
capture_to_jpeg=1

When Primo starts an icon will appear at the bottom of the screen which when tapped will give a further range of settings including activating "Screen Capture".
A camera icon will appear on the bottom right of the screen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen003.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	442585

Last edited by TitanSilverE46; 03-19-2012 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Solution Found
TitanSilverE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #765
kawracerx

My Ride: 2003 325xi
i finally got igo primo 1.2 running somewhat but when almost done with loading screen comes up with error ico favorites.bmp not found.the files are on sd card and same resolution for what is in sys txt.then when i click o.k to that message it goes away and for split second i can see the main nav menu,but just cant finish the loading.searched and searched,anyone run across this? dont know what to do,thanks for any help

Last edited by kawracerx; 03-16-2012 at 03:01 PM.
kawracerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #766
kawracerx

My Ride: 2003 325xi
anyone? searched and searched but cant find anything,goes 90% through loading then i set up initial setup(set car, miles or km etc....) then click finish and instantly get error ico_favorites not found and forces shut down and for split second i see the main primo display. files are in there like i stated above but for some reason its not seeing it,and im no computer genious but all arrows point that this should load up.
kawracerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #767
MaximumWalrus

Has anyone managed to get the Altitude field to display actual altitude? Mine doesn't, its random. It mostly says 0ft, but sometimes picks a random figure and just stays on it for the entire journey.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #768
TitanSilverE46

Quote:
Has anyone managed to get the Altitude field to display actual altitude? Mine doesn't, its random. It mostly says 0ft, but sometimes picks a random figure and just stays on it for the entire journey.
This is often associated with insufficient satellites found. perhaps three are needed for location but five or six to give altitude ... or so I read somewhere.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #769
rurena

My Ride: United States
Anyone know how to get the car cursors to work? i notice the folder is empty so i downloaded a bunch from the interwebs but they still don't show up. Do i have to modify the dynavin.ini or something? also would anyone have a silver 323ci cursor? i'd like to set that as the cursor.

I've also been playing with the start-up picture and I got it saved in igo bmp format but get an error when the software starts. I actually had to copy the whole branding.zip back to the sd card to get it to work.
rurena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:43 AM   #770
MaximumWalrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanSilverE46 View Post
This is often associated with insufficient satellites found. perhaps three are needed for location but five or six to give altitude ... or so I read somewhere.
Hmm, what a shame. It never seems to work - even on a 3 hour journey. The antenna is sat right on the dash in direct view of the satellites, too.

Also, is there a way to get iGo to display more than 3 peices of information when on route? I want distance to dest, time to test, current time, current speed and arrival time too
Old 04-17-2012, 01:37 AM   #771
TitanSilverE46

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurena View Post
Anyone know how to get the car cursors to work? i notice the folder is empty so i downloaded a bunch from the interwebs but they still don't show up. Do i have to modify the dynavin.ini or something? also would anyone have a silver 323ci cursor? i'd like to set that as the cursor.

Once the still zipped files have been loaded into "Primo>Content>Cars" folder, you insert the SD card and start up the NAVI. Select, More>Setup>Map Setings>3D Vehicle Gallery and then scroll through for the car look you like.

I like Limousine_Silver.zip as it matches my Silver 325i. ... Enjoy!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #772
rahul20010

My Ride: 2001 E46 325i
Quote:
Hmm, what a shame. It never seems to work - even on a 3 hour journey. The antenna is sat right on the dash in direct view of the satellites, too.

Also, is there a way to get iGo to display more than 3 peices of information when on route? I want distance to dest, time to test, current time, current speed and arrival time too
Hey - I just figured it out on iGo Primo. So while you are in navigation mode, on the bottom right, it shows you distance to destiantion and a cut out chequered flag, right? Tap there, and it will expand into time to destination, distance to destination and arrival time.

I cannot figure out how to display the current time - if you do please let me know.

Thanks!
rahul20010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #773
formulajg

My Ride: F150
Splash screen error.

This is my first post and I'm not proud of it because I've read 710 posts so far and I thought I was ready to start customizing. Wrong!!

First thing I try is to change the splash screen and I messed it up.

Here is the error message:

"User interface resolution (800x480) is not supported or compatible skin can not be found. Exiting Application"

Went back to Post #79 where a similar error was talked about however not to clear on what I have to do and this Data.zip file that it refers to is not on that old download link.

Man can someone help a brother out here cause I feel helpless at this point.

thx.
formulajg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #774
m3stuntdriver

My Ride: 03 m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanSilverE46 View Post
Proving that no matter what you know, there is always something to learn! I have a real newbie question.

I want to make some screen captures but when ever I touch the screen in the Top Left Corner it changes to:-

Attachment 442165
Is there a special sys entry to get the street names to show up on the streets like that? I've gone through the settings/options and can't find it.
m3stuntdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:13 AM   #775
thewedge

My Ride: 2001 M3
Solved...

Last edited by thewedge; 06-25-2012 at 03:38 PM.
thewedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #776
thewedge

My Ride: 2001 M3
Duplicate

Last edited by thewedge; 06-25-2012 at 03:38 PM.
thewedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #777
1024m3

My Ride: 04 M3
Thanks KKKKK
Just downloaded and installed ...download took over 24 hours.

Does anyone know the SYSTEX to turn off the music mute while using GPS? I tried the one from 2010 on the first page with no luck. Must be updated or something ...
02 X5 sold
08 X5 4.8
04 M3
98 Taurus Beater
1024m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:44 PM   #778
1024m3

My Ride: 04 M3
Nevermind I believe I figured it out ...I turned off the KEY sound option in the menus.
02 X5 sold
08 X5 4.8
04 M3
98 Taurus Beater
1024m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:48 AM   #779
x3oiler

My Ride: X3 2006 3.0D
For primo v1.2 is there a way to get the software to boot direct to the map and not the map plus menu screen?

Edit as soon as I post this a search finally hit something. About to try this. It works fine.

Quote Yurbuh Tuggly

For anybody who wants to know (yes it really is this easy):
1) Put this in sys.txt (if it is not there already):
[interface]
extra_settings=1
Then restart Primo
2) Tap Settings=>Extra Settings
3) Tick Skip Navigation Menu
Done.

Last edited by x3oiler; 06-30-2012 at 01:53 AM.
x3oiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:50 AM   #780
dayusmc

My Ride: 01 325ci & 06 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANe46 View Post
Maybe I just live in a heavy terrain area... lots of mountains and valleys here in Cali... Dynavin still has out of memory with .DEM file in the folder, runs fine without .dem; if anyone figures this out let me know... or if anyone has links to updated or different .dem files??? Also Darkoz are you using Aussie voices because I could not find and US-English TTSpro Nuance voices.
I am getting same "out of memory" and freeze up on my D90.. I don't have any custom skin or anything. Can anyone give me some advice on how to stop this from happening? What is a .dem file and where can I get a smaller one? Where do I delete the not used poi and stuff to clear memory?
Thanks!

Kyle
dayusmc is offline   Reply With Quote