E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #41
Rush4theYehO
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,383
My Ride: XI fts(now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashtwosix View Post
Blah blah. Trying to scare someone on the internet is very comical.

Yes, I am trained and taught to kill/eliminate the threat. I am not going to waste my time, resources and put my life and the life of my newborn at risk because I am waiting to get a non lethal shot. When I shoot, it is going to be center mass and I will double tap. I am not going to shot someone in the arms or legs just because u told me not to.

The dude defended himselve and his property from two thugs. I'll will bet that if these kids were black then everyone would be okay with it. Just because they were white, everyone is claiming that "they were good kids and didn't deserve to die."

sent from my dahc-6900 using Bimmer App
You're arguing about two separate things, apples to oranges. You're saying that you shoot to stop the threat, which in your training doctrine is a controlled pair or a failure drill (ideally resulting in death). I'm fine with that, that's what many would probably agree with. Shooting to wound is a silly concept that untrained sheep adhere to.

What the others are harping on is the hard line approach given the circumstance of this shooting. I certainly don't feel the kids get a free pass because they were unarmed or white. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. However, the chilling manner which the shooter executed the kids - kind of fucked up. The threat is eliminated. Would anyone have thought twice if he had two one-shot kills? Probably not.
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #42
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 816
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
Dude, you're an idiot. And I don't say that in this forum very much.

He EXECUTED them. Read that again. EXECUTED. It wasn't that he just shot them in self defense and left them to die. He dragged them next to each other as they were dying and then shot them at point blank range into their skull. They were no longer a threat. That's a cold-blooded execution and it's murder.

He was well within his rights to do what he did up until the point he moved them and shot them. You would be too if you shot an intruder or killed it while shooting, depending on your state. But no one, anywhere, will get away with executing an intruder like this guy did.
He's a she
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #43
flashmeow
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,220
My Ride: E30-E46-E90-E90M-F30
If u can't debate this subject like adults and wo resorting to attacks then I suggest u go view the Disney channel in the mean time.

They tried to rob and senior citizen that they thought were helpless and got their ass pwned. End of story. These little kids need to participate in community service rather then spend their free time (especially during the thanxgiving holiday) trying to rob and steal from a "helpless" senior citizen

sent from my dahc-6900 using Bimmer App
flashmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #44
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 816
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashtwosix View Post
If u can't debate this subject like adults
I stopped reading here because of the irony. You're the one sticking your fingers in your ears and not comprehending anything people are saying.
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #45
SLVR JDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Work
Posts: 1,522
My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashtwosix View Post
Blah blah. Trying to scare someone on the internet is very comical.

Yes, I am trained and taught to kill/eliminate the threat. I am not going to waste my time, resources and put my life and the life of my newborn at risk because I am waiting to get a non lethal shot. When I shoot, it is going to be center mass and I will double tap. I am not going to shot someone in the arms or legs just because u told me not to.

The dude defended himselve and his property from two thugs. I'll will bet that if these kids were black then everyone would be okay with it. Just because they were white, everyone is claiming that "they were good kids and didn't deserve to die."

sent from my dahc-6900 using Bimmer App


I have 2 small kids, a wife, and 2 dogs. Do you really think I'm going to let someone walk into my house and not defend myself? C'mon, use your head. No one is saying let them walk in and do whatever they want, but there are rules of engagement and a point at which the threat has been neutralized.

No one ever said to shoot anywhere but center of mass or in a non-lethal way. Anyone who has been around guns for more than 5 minutes knows this.

Whatever training you've taken which has conveyed that you need to kill rather than stop the threat is really hurting those who end up using firearms in self defense.

To a jury, your posts online are going to make you look like you're killing anyone who walks through the front door, rather than acting in self defense to STOP THE THREAT which is entirely different.

Best of luck. Your brain in small and cannot comprehend what every trained, knowledgeable gun owner in this thread is telling you. I have nothing else to say because you are unwilling to learn the nuances which will mean the difference between you serving a prison sentence vs. walking free.
__________________


** Removed **
SLVR JDM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:34 AM   #46
flashmeow
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,220
My Ride: E30-E46-E90-E90M-F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post


I have 2 small kids, a wife, and 2 dogs. Do you really think I'm going to let someone walk into my house and not defend myself? C'mon, use your head. No one is saying let them walk in and do whatever they want, but there are rules of engagement and a point at which the threat has been neutralized.

No one ever said to shoot anywhere but center of mass or in a non-lethal way. Anyone who has been around guns for more than 5 minutes knows this.

Whatever training you've taken which has conveyed that you need to kill rather than stop the threat is really hurting those who end up using firearms in self defense.

To a jury, your posts online are going to make you look like you're killing anyone who walks through the front door, rather than acting in self defense to STOP THE THREAT which is entirely different.

Best of luck. Your brain in small and cannot comprehend what every trained, knowledgeable gun owner in this thread is telling you. I have nothing else to say because you are unwilling to learn the nuances which will mean the difference between you serving a prison sentence vs. walking free.

Your personal attack is amusing and very mature. How old r u again? Get off the computer if can't debate this topic like adults without resortimg to personal attacks

sent from my dahc-6900 using Bimmer App

Last edited by flashmeow; 11-28-2012 at 10:36 AM.
flashmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:45 AM   #47
SPDSKTR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Birmingham, AL, USA
Posts: 2,142
My Ride: E30 with an S52
Let me see if I can simplify this for you, flashtwosix...

Let's say a bad guy breaks into your home. You grab your handgun and manage to put three rounds in center mass. He falls to the floor, clutching his midsection where your bullets tore through his body. He's screaming bloody murder and is NOT getting back up. That is considered an eliminated threat. If he lives, so be it. If he dies while bleeding out, so be it. Either way, he has given up his fight and he is done doing whatever it was. You have STOPPED the threat.

Let's assume he's still alive. If you decide to walk up to him at this point and put the gun to his head to "finish the job," that's going to be murder. You will go to prison for a very long time. Why? Because when he hit the ground and started screaming and begging for his life, the threat was neutralized.

You claim you don't give a fuck what law is in place... you want to KILL the intruder. Congratulations. You're a potential murderer in my book already. I don't WANT to kill an intruder. I just want him to stop what the fuck he's doing. If he dies because of my immediate interactions, then that's the way it goes. If I took the extra step to ensure he's dead, then that's murder.
__________________

330i/Ci Bang for the Buck Horsepower Guide
Want 5% off any BimmerBrakes.com purchase? PM me for details!
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #48
evolved
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 816
My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSKTR View Post
Let me see if I can simplify this for you, flashtwosix...

Let's say a bad guy breaks into your home. You grab your handgun and manage to put three rounds in center mass. He falls to the floor, clutching his midsection where your bullets tore through his body. He's screaming bloody murder and is NOT getting back up. That is considered an eliminated threat. If he lives, so be it. If he dies while bleeding out, so be it. Either way, he has given up his fight and he is done doing whatever it was. You have STOPPED the threat.

Let's assume he's still alive. If you decide to walk up to him at this point and put the gun to his head to "finish the job," that's going to be murder. You will go to prison for a very long time. Why? Because when he hit the ground and started screaming and begging for his life, the threat was neutralized.

You claim you don't give a fuck what law is in place... you want to KILL the intruder. Congratulations. You're a potential murderer in my book already. I don't WANT to kill an intruder. I just want him to stop what the fuck he's doing. If he dies because of my immediate interactions, then that's the way it goes. If I took the extra step to ensure he's dead, then that's murder.
Stop with the personal attacks!! Be mature!!!






(Very well put, same to SLVR JDM)
__________________

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #49
david05111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ponte Vedra, FL
Posts: 3,764
My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
I'm not even going to bother debating you on this; I've got much better thngs to do than teach basic homicide law, moral judgement, and ethics. Good day to you.
__________________


"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #50
flashmeow
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,220
My Ride: E30-E46-E90-E90M-F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPDSKTR View Post
Let me see if I can simplify this for you, flashtwosix...

Let's say a bad guy breaks into your home. You grab your handgun and manage to put three rounds in center mass. He falls to the floor, clutching his midsection where your bullets tore through his body. He's screaming bloody murder and is NOT getting back up. That is considered an eliminated threat. If he lives, so be it. If he dies while bleeding out, so be it. Either way, he has given up his fight and he is done doing whatever it was. You have STOPPED the threat.

Let's assume he's still alive. If you decide to walk up to him at this point and put the gun to his head to "finish the job," that's going to be murder. You will go to prison for a very long time. Why? Because when he hit the ground and started screaming and begging for his life, the threat was neutralized.

You claim you don't give a fuck what law is in place... you want to KILL the intruder. Congratulations. You're a potential murderer in my book already. I don't WANT to kill an intruder. I just want him to stop what the fuck he's doing. If he dies because of my immediate interactions, then that's the way it goes. If I took the extra step to ensure he's dead, then that's murder.
U made a lot of assumptions and I think u r putting words in my mouth.

Where did I say I will murder an injured person. Heck, even in war....when the enemy is wounded and gives up fighting then is is now consider not a threat and u r obligated to aide him.

Let me say this to u again. Regardless what the law say about me owning a gun or whether I have the right to defend myself (castle law)....if anyone is going to break I to my house and if I feel that u r a threat to me or my baby then I am going to SHOOT to Kill.

I am not like u or your other buddy who insist i wait for the robbers to move around so I can get in a non lethal shot in.


sent from my dahc-6900 using Bimmer App
flashmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #51
SPDSKTR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Birmingham, AL, USA
Posts: 2,142
My Ride: E30 with an S52
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashtwosix View Post
U made a lot of assumptions and I think u r putting words in my mouth.

Where did I say I will murder an injured person. Heck, even in war....when the enemy is wounded and gives up fighting then is is now consider not a threat and u r obligated to aide him.

Let me say this to u again. Regardless what the law say about me owning a gun or whether I have the right to defend myself (castle law)....if anyone is going to break I to my house and if I feel that u r a threat to me or my baby then I am going to SHOOT to Kill.

I am not like u or your other buddy who insist i wait for the robbers to move around so I can get in a non lethal shot in.


sent from my dahc-6900 using Bimmer App
I'm putting words in your mouth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashtwosix View Post
Stop trying to justify the robbery.

It is never about rights.I can care less if I can shoot or can't shoot someone. If someone is going to break in my house and if I feel that I or my baby is being threaten then I will kill them regardless what the law will say.

sent from my dahc-6900 using Bimmer App
'K.

And for the record, I shoot to stop, not kill. If he dies, so be it.
__________________

330i/Ci Bang for the Buck Horsepower Guide
Want 5% off any BimmerBrakes.com purchase? PM me for details!
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #52
customisbetter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: East Lansing
Posts: 255
My Ride: 02 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashtwosix View Post
Your personal attack is amusing and very mature. How old r u again?
This is Sig worthy. Also I think you an idiot.
__________________
customisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:25 AM   #53
flashmeow
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,220
My Ride: E30-E46-E90-E90M-F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by customisbetter View Post
This is Sig worthy. Also I think you an idiot.
Because u r insignificant to me, your opinion is meaningless and irreverent. Next

sent from my dahc-6900 using Bimmer App
flashmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:57 AM   #54
Serbonze
Master of his domain.
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: In my house
Posts: 2,047
My Ride: My wife
Pics of hot 18 year old that was shot (pre shooting of course)?
__________________
Serbonze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:03 PM   #55
dan03833
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 65
My Ride: 2001 330xi
I guess before you break into someone's house, you should be sure they aren't a serial killer. But then again, if not for their actions, it never would have happened.
dan03833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #56
Silversixspeed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Posts: 85
My Ride: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashtwosix View Post
Where did I say I will murder an injured person. sent from my dahc-6900 using Bimmer App
I'd say that's implied when you mentioned you're going to donate to this guys defense fund.

Also, did you forget about the part where he waited until the next day to report it, because he didn't want to "bother" the authorities on Thanksgiving day?
Silversixspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #57
Silversixspeed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Posts: 85
My Ride: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
Pics of hot 18 year old that was shot (pre shooting of course)?
The local newspaper I believe has a video on it, but I can't view it at work, not sure if the girl/guy is shown. They do have a pic in the actual newspaper though.

www.startribune.com Should be titled "Little Falls Shooting"

Last edited by Silversixspeed; 11-28-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Silversixspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #58
Serbonze
Master of his domain.
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: In my house
Posts: 2,047
My Ride: My wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversixspeed View Post
The local newspaper I believe has a video on it, but I can't view it at work, not sure if the girl/guy is shown. They do have a pic in the actual newspaper though.

www.startribune.com Should be titled "Little Falls Shooting"
This guy delivers!

__________________

Last edited by Serbonze; 11-28-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Serbonze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #59
Silversixspeed
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Posts: 85
My Ride: Too many to list
Told ya. Lol
Silversixspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #60
SPDSKTR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Birmingham, AL, USA
Posts: 2,142
My Ride: E30 with an S52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
This guy delivers!

Now... for Griffin to find nudes...

EDIT: Too soon?
__________________

330i/Ci Bang for the Buck Horsepower Guide
Want 5% off any BimmerBrakes.com purchase? PM me for details!

Last edited by SPDSKTR; 11-28-2012 at 12:42 PM.
SPDSKTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use