E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 213 votes, 4.99 average. Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 03:57 AM   #701
m3evolution

My Ride: M3
The Pre-installed ROM that will be available for order with the Dynavin units will be the R150. Any future R150 ROM updates for current hardware will be available to those that have donated for free.

*update* My ROM will no longer be pre-installed on Dynavin units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRob View Post
Great work! When you say you'll have your custom ROM ready for order soon do you mean newer than 1.50? Will it be available for the community who have already donated?

All version of my ROM is strictly for personal use and not to be commercially distributed.

Best way to contact me is at: m3evolution@gmail.com
Do not PM

Beer via Paypal:

Last edited by m3evolution; 10-30-2012 at 08:52 PM.
m3evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:49 AM   #702
CTRob

My Ride: Alpine white e39
Does this mean you will have access to a better screen drivers ie will we see a higher version than 2.2??
CTRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #703
halo0

My Ride: '02 330i 5mt
Going directly to the source. Nice work.

^Click, stop by and say hi.^ ------ 5% off Redline leather
halo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #704
rev4turbomonster

My Ride: toyota
Hi guys,

I am going to get this rom from m3 evolution once I have got some other bits together. I need a new wifi dongle usb hub bluetooth dongle and obd bluetooth reader Could you guys advice me on what is suitable for me to use and where to get it from.

Many thanks

Matt
rev4turbomonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #705
m3evolution

When meeting with Dynavin they offered to give me the source code so I can continue development of the ROM, but I believe they have since backed out of that offer.

I will also not be able to have my ROM pre-loaded and made available for order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRob View Post
Does this mean you will have access to a better screen drivers ie will we see a higher version than 2.2??

All version of my ROM is strictly for personal use and not to be commercially distributed.

Do not PM

Beer via Paypal:
Old 10-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #706
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Ive been staying out of this but it looks like things didnt work out the way you had hoped, you and I might need to get on the same page for the benefit of everyone....email sent, lets see if its possible to get dynavin to help out here.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 10-30-2012 at 10:14 PM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:55 PM   #707
morningisbad

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
Let us know if there is anything we as a community can do to help sway the minds of the powers that be!

From the desk of Dwight Schrute
Old 10-30-2012, 11:11 PM   #708
halo0

That's too bad. Was pumped for this!

Old 10-31-2012, 02:11 AM   #709
CTRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3evolution View Post
When meeting with Dynavin they offered to give me the source code so I can continue development of the ROM, but I believe they have since backed out of that offer.

I will also not be able to have my ROM pre-loaded and made available for order.
This kind of sounds like they didn't want you to go public about it!?
Old 11-04-2012, 01:40 AM   #710
Ninety-9 SE-L

My Ride: 2001 M3, 3.5L Sentra
Quote:
Originally Posted by diemair View Post
I have the same issue. With sygic, with copilot, with the launcher (it does not remember which one i've piced for permanent use), with ADX Ex Launcher (It get stuck when it shall show the launcher) and other apps. It seems that all apps which store some config information sometimes have this issue.
I have this issue with the original ROM and all ROM from M3 till now.

Best regards
Glad I'm not the only one, Is there a reason this happens?

Seems to happen more and more as time goes by. Now it's every startup. Time to reinstall the ROM :/
Ninety-9 SE-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #711
hybridNz

My Ride: e39 540iASE,e30/s50
bugger! ... real shame to hear Dynavin isnt coming to the party.

I understand it however, have an upgraded OS and loosing control over releases kills their marketing strategy.

But if they saw it the other way, people would keep buying their product because it runs latest Android in all its glory. Power through word of mouth.

Really need to reverse engineer the touch screen chipset. There MUST be some info on the IC/chip somewhere. Once we have that, then we can request an SDK and go from there to program up a new driver.

Last edited by hybridNz; 11-07-2012 at 05:10 PM.
hybridNz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #712
badboggy

My Ride: 2004 E500
Is anybody having issues with the re-routing on google maps navigation or not? If I have the navigation turned on and I go on a different route, it never recalculate the new route. Let me know, Thanks.
badboggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:37 PM   #713
mistapony

My Ride: volvo v70r
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboggy View Post
Is anybody having issues with the re-routing on google maps navigation or not? If I have the navigation turned on and I go on a different route, it never recalculate the new route. Let me know, Thanks.
Ya I notice the same problem. Very annoying.
mistapony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #714
halo0

So can you install google music on this thing, sync all your music to it via a big SD card and then play it all without a data connection?

Old 11-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #715
willh

My Ride: CLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3evolution View Post
Recently Dynavin released a new rom for their new build im guessing from Aug 2012 up. If you have one of these new models from Aug 2012 up and want to flash my Rom let me know and Ill send you a patch so it will work on those models.
Hi,
I have one of this new models, can you please send me the patch so I can flash your rom?
Thank you very much for your work !
willh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:04 AM   #716
BeemerHolland

My Ride: BMW 320 IA E90
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboggy View Post
Same problem here, seems to be one of the issues with the M3Evolution ROM

With the Stock Rom I never experienced this.
BeemerHolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:20 AM   #717
BeemerHolland

My Ride: BMW 320 IA E90
I have tested the M3Evolution rom on my D99+ for one week and my personal conclusion is that it doesn't have much noticeable benifits besides that it looks more fancy than the stock rom.

Issues so far found with the M3evolution ROM:

Not able to add contacts account (gmail) to show contacts. (Black screen).
With the stock rom I could add this

No re routing within Google Navigation
Re routing worked in the stock rom

Pandora crashes frequently
Not happening with the stock rom

SetCPU not working (maybe reinstall needed, not tested yet)
Worked with the stockrom

When I saw the list of benifits on http://m3evolution.webs.com/dynavin-android-rom I was very impressed and did the donation of $30 dollar. To be honest I am very dissapointed with it. Especially to know that I paid $30 dollar for only a fancy black theme statusbar.

@M3Evelotion. I understand that your not updating the ROM anymore since your working on the //Avin system. Then in my opinion please share the knowledge how you created this ROM so that other can continue working on it.
Just making profit out of a product that isn't even finished yet is the same as lack in development as Dynavin does if you ask me.

Just my two cents.
BeemerHolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #718
halo0

Damn I was thinking about getting this but I guess I won't. Sad.

Old 11-30-2012, 05:42 AM   #719
CTRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerHolland View Post
I have tested the M3Evolution rom on my D99+ for one week and my personal conclusion is that it doesn't have much noticeable benifits besides that it looks more fancy than the stock rom.

Worked with the stockrom

When I saw the list of benifits on http://m3evolution.webs.com/dynavin-android-rom I was very impressed and did the donation of $30 dollar. To be honest I am very dissapointed with it. Especially to know that I paid $30 dollar for only a fancy black theme statusbar.

@M3Evelotion. I understand that your not updating the ROM anymore since your working on the //Avin system. Then in my opinion please share the knowledge how you created this ROM so that other can continue working on it.
Just making profit out of a product that isn't even finished yet is the same as lack in development as Dynavin does if you ask me.

Just my two cents.
For me the biggest disappointment has been the lack of support from Dynavin.
It's clear that the D99 can handle later versions of the Android O/S and would probably handle them a lot smoother considering how mature the later Android O/S's are over Froyo.
From reading these forums and others it seems the only thing stopping folks from creating new kernels is the touch screen driver but without this code I think everyone involved in ROM development for the Dynavin is pretty much at a standstill hence why there has been feck all development lately - I don't blame the developers...
A petition or something to Dynavin to release the source code is needed but I have my doubts even with this... as do I have doubts of any newer versions of the stock ROM being updated.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:48 AM   #720
m3evolution

Ive been working on a new ROM for the Dynavin and should be available soon after final bug testing.

I have built newer versions of Android from source Gingerbread and ICS but without touchscreen working it would be hard to further debug and use.

You said SetCPU worked with the stock rom? Were you actually able to change the cpu speed and governors? What does SetCPU show as the cpu speed in the stock rom and what does it show in my rom?

I dont have any control over Google Navigation I just updated it to the latest version and included that in my rom. You might have to downgrade to a different version of Google maps if those others work better for you.

The Pandora thats included in the rom has unlimited skips. You can install a different version if that one doesnt work for you. Pandora also needs to have the date and time set correctly everytime it starts and it only works in the US. So if your clock is not set correctly and you are not already connected to the internet it will not work.

Most of the changes in my rom are in the background like swap memory, the extra speed and performance boost from v6 supercharger built in. Many people had issues just installing apps with the stock rom which they have no problems installing with my rom.

if anybody needs help with the rom send me an email m3evolution@gmail.com

i cant guarantee ill have an answer to the issue but i will always try to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemerHolland View Post

Worked with the stockrom

Just my two cents.

Do not PM

Beer via Paypal: