E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #101
Sensi09

My Ride: __
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
Phelps is 6'4 and more like 195lbs. This is roughly average size.

Proportionally and in general, swimmers are much smaller than sprinters.
Off the top of my head, some sprinters that look "big" to me are yohan blake, and justin gatlin.

According to wikipedia though yohan blake is 5'11 and 168lbs. Gatlin 6'1, 180.

I don't know if it's their visibly large arms or low body fat, but those guys look a lot bigger than their stats. Type of training definitely plays a part.

Oh and minus bolt, sprinters are typically a good deal shorter than olympic swimmers. Also we should group sprinters with sprinters. Phelps is more of a mid range guy in general.

Just from watching the olympics on TV, I thought many of the swimmers had broad shoulders and big chests. Doesn't apply to everyone, but a lot of them looked "big" imo.

Last edited by Sensi09; 11-26-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Sensi09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:30 PM   #102
Sensi09

My Ride: __
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Pfft! F-that! Buy bigger jeans (..or be like me and rock those b|tches fitted; show off those quads). You can't expect to achieve strength gains if you're simultaneously neglecting your legs.
Oh I definitely started squatting again. Lower volume in general than I use to, focusing more on strength rather than size.

I have a bad shoulder so no dumbbells and no incline at the moment so this summer did a lot of deadlifts and squats. Since this is the bench thread, I'll mention I'm benching just 185 atm and it's a bit uneven towards the end of my last set, but doesn't really hurt anymore so hoping for 225 by february and stick with that weight.
Sensi09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #103
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
Chase here are more than just swimmers bodies and strongman bodies
Old 11-26-2012, 06:46 PM   #104
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
Everyone has goals unique to them, and shouldn't hate on others ideal physiques. I highly respect bodybuilders, because of the unimaginable dedication and hard work it required. Doesn't mean I want that for myself. But for me to say "those guys are stupid, why didn't they go for the underwear model look" is completely ignorant

Edit: not directed at anyone in particular here
I see your edit, but I don't think anyone was hating on people's choices, just simply saying THEIR ideal physique. Girls are the same way, some like smaller guys, some like huge fat guys, some like big jacked guys, and big black women like skinny white guys.( )
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #105
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
I see your edit, but I don't think anyone was hating on people's choices, just simply saying THEIR ideal physique. Girls are the same way, some like smaller guys, some like huge fat guys, some like big jacked guys, and big black women like skinny white guys.( )
totally agree, I re-read what I wrote and quickly ninja edited because I knew someone would take it the wrong way

girls like $$$$$$$ haha
Old 11-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #106
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
totally agree, I re-read what I wrote and quickly ninja edited because I knew someone would take it the wrong way

girls like $$$$$$$ haha
$ or 8----D
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #107
Bemwe_03i

My Ride: 2003.5 E46 M3 smg IR
do you even...
Old 11-30-2012, 12:01 AM   #108
Trashcan

My Ride: 2002 330ci
I'm going to see my max tomorrow evening. When I was in highschool in powerlifting my best was either 225 or 235 and I weighed 138 pounds. I'm guessing mine to be around 210 right now, and I'm now at 146 pounds.
Trashcan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:29 AM   #109
Trashcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
I'm going to see my max tomorrow evening. When I was in highschool in powerlifting my best was either 225 or 235 and I weighed 138 pounds. I'm guessing mine to be around 210 right now, and I'm now at 146 pounds.
Edit: I've been back in the gym 2 months now after a 1 year break due to a sprained shoulder, then followed by a motorcycle accident; which has agitated my shoulder, foot, ankle and knee. With some hard work for the last month though I've finally almost gotten my body balanced. When i checked measurements after originally noticing how off balance i was, my bicep was 2 inches smaller, and now it's only about 1/2-1/4 inch smaller.

Picture is from one month in to my restart (Halloween) and actually the way i realized how off balance i was. Progress is much better looking now. what's your guys input?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1354264159663.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	480197  

Last edited by Trashcan; 11-30-2012 at 02:32 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:40 AM   #110
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: M4 and RRS (sold!)
Quote:
Edit: I've been back in the gym 2 months now after a 1 year break due to a sprained shoulder, then followed by a motorcycle accident; which has agitated my shoulder, foot, ankle and knee. With some hard work for the last month though I've finally almost gotten my body balanced. When i checked measurements after originally noticing how off balance i was, my bicep was 2 inches smaller, and now it's only about 1/2-1/4 inch smaller.

Picture is from one month in to my restart (Halloween) and actually the way i realized how off balance i was. Progress is much better looking now. what's your guys input?

Looking good man, especially considering your circumstances.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #111
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
how tall are you? Judging from your size in your pic and your weight I'd think you were pretty short.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #112
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
Quote:
Progress is much better looking now. what's your guys input?

I'm totally mirin your aesthetics.
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #113
Trashcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
how tall are you? Judging from your size in your pic and your weight I'd think you were pretty short.
I'm 5' 9"-9 1/2". Definitely not tall, but not terribly short either.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:53 AM   #114
Trashcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
I'm totally mirin your aesthetics.
Thanks man! I might have to update the progress picture sometime soon, just keeps getting better and better every week.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:00 AM   #115
DylloS

Quote:
I'm 5' 9"-9 1/2". Definitely not tall, but not terribly short either.

how the hell are you 142lbs. I'm half an inch taller and about 22lbs more and don't look nearly as big lol

Last edited by DylloS; 11-30-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #116
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: M4 and RRS (sold!)
Quote:
how the hell are you 142lbs. I'm half an inch taller and about 22lbs more and don't look nearly as big lol
Definition plays wonderful tricks on the eyes. Defined guys with muscle almost always look heavier than they are. People assume that I'm 200+, but they are off by 15+ pounds usually.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #117
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
Definition plays wonderful tricks on the eyes. Defined guys with muscle almost always look heavier than they are. People assume that I'm 200+, but they are off by 15+ pounds usually.
you got that right. Maybe side by side I would be thicker than him but in pics he will look bigger
Old 11-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #118
Trashcan

Quote:
I workout very high intensity, 1-2 hours a day 6-7 days a week, then work 13 hours a day, 4 days a week (manual labor) burning an insane amount of calories. I isolate specific muscles and alternate between upper and lower body daily. A strict diet of basically meat, vegetables and fruit and 2 cups of yogurt a day. 3 weeks on 1 week of rest doing yoga and stretching and boxing. Balancing between working higher weight (8-10 reps) some days to build mass and higher reps (14-18) other days to tone the body. Ab ripper x 2-3 times a week. I run around 10 miles every week.

In that picture i was at about 138. With 16 inch biceps. I'm now at about 144 with 18 inch biceps.

Last edited by Trashcan; 11-30-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #119
DylloS

Quote:
I workout very high intensity, 1-2 hours a day 6-7 days a week, then work 13 hours a day, 4 days a week (manual labor) burning an insane amount of calories. I isolate specific muscles and alternate between upper and lower body daily. A strict diet of basically meat, vegetables and fruit and 2 cups of yogurt a day. 3 weeks on 1 week of rest doing yoga and stretching and boxing. Balancing between working higher weight (8-10 reps) some days to build mass and higher reps (14-18) other days to tone the body. Ab ripper x 2-3 times a week. I run around 10 miles every week.

In that picture i was at about 138. With 16 inch biceps. I'm now at about 144 with 18 inch biceps.

that's very big. You must not have any fat on you lol.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:59 PM   #120
Trashcan

Quote:
that's very big. You must not have any fat on you lol.
I'm around 6-7%. My lower body isn't anything insane though. I'm probably squatting between 285-315 max. Ran a mile the other day in 6 minutes 36 seconds though.