E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Pacific Northwest

Pacific Northwest
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
AK HI ID OR WA

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 10:43 PM   #1
polefitness

My Ride: bmw
Smile 325i 2003 BMW

Hi,
So for everyone whom seems to have a problem with the2003 BMW325i fuel pump ..So my fuel pump went out on I 5 a super busy frwy here frustrated as I am a single mother .I called bmw and told them I think my fuel pump went out .After crying trying to figure out how I was going to get the 8000$ Bmw quoted me (As they are1 unit fuel pump,and gas tank ) cannot be replaced by just fixing the fuel pump ...After reading and researching the 325I. I FIND THAT THERE HAS BEEN A SILENT RECALL ON THAT PART .So if you own a bmw in the year of 2001 to 2003 every 50th car was made with a m54 engine. Standard for bmw is m56 engine.So that it could pass the California state emissions.So for all of you that have that year of Bmw ..The part is covered by Bmw up to 150,000 miles or 15yrs.They are NOT going to send letters to everyone that owns one ...Hopefully this helps someone I know how sad and frustrated I was .I just wish I had known all this before I wouldnt of bought the car its fixed ! Back on the road ...BMW IN FIFE WAS WONDERFUL!!!.Good luck

Last edited by polefitness; 11-29-2012 at 07:25 PM. Reason: wrong engine info its an m56 is standard bmw engine mine is a m54 thats when i found out about the cali..state emission
polefitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
jM2.me

My Ride: BMW
Did you have problems with fuel gauge before this happened? For example mine doesnt go over the half. (Issues with fuel level sensor, need fuel pump replacement)
jM2.me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #3
polefitness

bmw325i fuel pump 2003

No no signal that it was going out so was super frustrated Thats why i did all the research .I was just going to scrap the car ..why would I pay 8000$ for a car that blue books @7600$thats when I started researching ..I mad a mistake on the engine type ... a normal bmw engine is a m56 engine which is standard for that year of bmw ...unfortunately my engine is a california emissions so its a m54 .Thats where the confusion came in ...All the places that I had called to fix it were quoting me 600-800$...BUT BMW SAID IT WAS 8000$Thats how I found out what type of engine I had
Old 11-30-2012, 02:53 AM   #4
Dirtsquirt

My Ride: Wagon (its no e30)
You had it right the first time.. the standard engine is a M54. The SULEV model uses the M56 and all the fancy things that go along with it.

Do not hesitate to use these forums as they are a great source of information, especially the DIY forums.

If you need any further help with your car please PM me. I do auto repair on the side and can generally get it done much cheaper than a dealership or repair shop.

Best,

-Dan
Dirtsquirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #5
polefitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtsquirt View Post
You had it right the first time.. the standard engine is a M54. The SULEV model uses the M56 and all the fancy things that go along with it.

Do not hesitate to use these forums as they are a great source of information, especially the DIY forums.

If you need any further help with your car please PM me. I do auto repair on the side and can generally get it done much cheaper than a dealership or repair shop.

Best,

-Dan
thank u