E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #41
choxor

My Ride: JDM
Meh, still doesn't look like it would flow with the rest of the car. Just another OMFGLOOKVENTS hood.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #42
808elise

My Ride: OG E46 M3/AW E46 M3
Chris, why don't I ever see your stuff posted up on m3f? Seems to me that there are a lot of Debbie downers here. Nearly every thread on this sight. Most of your buyers are prob on m3f.

M///
My Journal II
VFE570 - DIXIS - TWC WIDEBODY - AP RACING - KW V2
M///

Last edited by 808elise; 12-03-2012 at 10:11 AM.
808elise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:12 AM   #43
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2006 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808elise View Post
Chris, why don't I ever see your stuff posted up on m3f? Seems to me that there are a lot of Debbie downers here. Nearly every thread on this sight. Most of your buyers are prob on m3f.
Many people who don't have HPF turbo kits don't want HPF over there. I've tried to advertise on that forum but they won't let me. I think it's more of a personal issue than anything.

Chris.
HPF Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #44
S54Dan

My Ride: '05 M3 '03 ZHP
I'd like to see something like this. I don't care if it's carbon fiber as the stock hood can be picked up with my pinky. The addition of the E9X M3 vents is very subtle IMO.

2005 M3 6MT | Weekend toy & Track rat
2003 330i ZHP 6MT | Wife Mobile
1994 325i 5MT | DD
Instagram @S54Dan
S54Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #45
illestminimike

My Ride: Project Drama
Quote:
Originally Posted by S54Dan View Post
I'd like to see something like this. I don't care if it's carbon fiber as the stock hood can be picked up with my pinky. The addition of the E9X M3 vents is very subtle IMO.

Looks like something from autozone.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #46
joeysm3

My Ride: ///M3 04 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by illestminimike View Post
Looks like something from autozone.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #47
roadtrip1098

My Ride: 04 M3 SMG LSB
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Chris View Post
Many people who don't have HPF turbo kits don't want HPF over there. I've tried to advertise on that forum but they won't let me. I think it's more of a personal issue than anything.

Chris.
People that don't want HPF Turbo Kits actually exist?
roadtrip1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #48
scca_ziptie

My Ride: 2006 M3 SMG Comp pkg
This forum constantly makes me chuckle at the amount of 'hating' that goes on. Why don't you let the mods decide whether a video should be removed or not rather than playing eParental figures and stay on topic.....

V2 of the hood looks pretty, as long as the removable plates for under the gills/cutouts are there I'd buy one !
Old 12-04-2012, 05:05 PM   #49
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scca_ziptie View Post
This forum constantly makes me chuckle at the amount of 'hating' that goes on. Why don't you let the mods decide whether a video should be removed or not rather than playing eParental figures and stay on topic.....

V2 of the hood looks pretty, as long as the removable plates for under the gills/cutouts are there I'd buy one !
The screen names of the haters are always the same no matter what thread it is. Makes me wonder if they are hating on the product, hating on HPF, hating on me, or just simply hating on the world.

I agree, V2 does look very nice and we are designing it so that removable plates can be added. We aren't going to be building the plates on the first go around but I wanted to make sure that there are mounting bosses for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadtrip1098
People that don't want HPF Turbo Kits actually exist?
Yes they do exist. ha ha.

Chris.

Last edited by HPF Chris; 12-04-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #50
tks

My Ride: slower than yours
2000 for a hood? lol?
tks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #51
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskisky View Post
2000 for a hood? lol?
A comparable quality hood would be well over $3,000. This is the same deal with people buying stuff off EBay. You get what you pay for. $1995 is an amazing price for this quality of hood.

Chris.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #52
B_Cyrus
Banned User

My Ride: Malfouf
Quote:
A comparable quality hood would be well over $3,000.
Vorsteiner and asuka hoods aren't even half this price, brand new.
B_Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #53
HPF Chris
Past Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_Cyrus View Post
Vorsteiner and asuka hoods aren't even half this price, brand new.
Let me correct your statement. The Vorsteiner E46 M3 double carbon fiber hood was over $1600 msrp and it is no longer sold. http://www.simply13.com/products-pag...ted-race-hood/
The Asuka hood was a single layer carbon fiber hood for $1300 and it is also no longer sold.

(previously mentioned on page 2)
The HPF hood is $1995 and:

#1) Made in the USA
#2) No fiberglass fillers. These hoods are 100% carbon fiber with a "core" center for added strength and lighter weight.
#3) Top AND BOTTOM layers of the hood are 100% carbon fiber. Not fiberglass.
#4) Designed as a DIAB sandwich core using the same method that Koenigsegg uses to build their cars. This is done for added strength and reduced weight.
#4) Comes with a UV Marine Clear Coat built in, not primered or painted to cover up defects.
#5) Has OEM quality fitment.
#6) Includes a 12 month limited warranty from Advanced Composite Systems. This warranty covers surfaced defects such as crazing of the topcoat, fading and disoloration of the topcoat, and chipping or checking not associated with damaged related to acts of God, misuse, abuse, negligence, road damage or installation damage. Nor does it warrant against damage associated with shipping.

Chris.

Last edited by HPF Chris; 12-04-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:40 AM   #54
808elise

Quote:
The screen names of the haters are always the same no matter what thread it is. Makes me wonder if they are hating on the product, hating on HPF, hating on me, or just simply hating on the world.
Absolutely true. They also have very high post counts. That is a whole pile of smart arse. I guess what ever floats peoples boats but numbers don't lie. Haters often do.

I do think that 2k is a little steep if it does not include the water tray stuff. Maybe even a little steep with them included but I would have to actually see a drawing of that plan to really tell. I am mostly interested in these water trays. If they do not come on the first batch I will wait until they are out. Also interested in material for these trays if they are going to be added later. To me that implies that they may not be CF making this project much heavier. They will also still have to let the hood exhaust heat better than OEM.

M///
My Journal II
M///
Old 12-05-2012, 05:29 AM   #55
Suseer

My Ride: Cayman S
Love the look and design, and by the sounds of it - matches all of HPF seemingly strict quality code!

Now, this may be strange to ask but hey, never know unless you ask. Would you guys ever consider making a more budget-friendly version (same design) but out of aluminum (Or whatever the factory hoods use). Don't get me wrong, I love your products - however I can't see myself ever being in a position of needing a more track-performance grade hood, however I do love modifying my car to my own style and taste. 2k can get a lot of maintenance and smaller bodywork/interior refreshing done on a 11 year old car.
Suseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #56
HPF Kris
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: My Dreams
The sketching is getting finalized as small details are ironed out. This clip here, this vent at this angle, this support to be this tall... small things that will tailor our hood to be different and better than the others.

HPF Kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #57
808elise

Looks good to me. You guys still going to do the water trays?

M///
My Journal II
M///
Old 01-07-2013, 11:48 PM   #58
NICKBRUM

My Ride: 2004 M3
Quote:

Chris.
That's too bad, because I have never heard anything but good about HPF on M3F. You and your staff were great to me, when I was in your shop. Since your company is that authority when going FI by way of Turbo, I don't understand the conflict of interest.

|Carbon Fiber Intake|AA GEN3|AC Strut Brace|Eibach/Koni's|CSL/SMG Flash|
|Victory UDP's|HPF Sub Frame Plates| PF Subframe Bushings|Rtab Limiters|PFC DD Front Rotors|
NICKBRUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:06 AM   #59
808elise

I do. Haters. Or as I like to refer to them as the invisibles. Today one was talking a bunch of bs and riding my arse till I let tires eat the pebbles on the road salting him until I felt he had suffered enough and let off. That's how to keep the haters mouths shut.

M///
My Journal II
M///
Old 01-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #60
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Nice looking hood
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote