E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld

Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 4.25 average. Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #121
Kris@TSS
Sponsor

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i
I do not have an answer. Some customers have reported using 5mm to 10mm spacers.
5654 E. Westover #112
Fresno, CA 93727
1-888-230-1288
Kris@TSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #122
CoupeMagic323ci

My Ride: 00 323ci
Thats a good point. would be a bummer if i got them and couldnt drive it round because i needed spacers and didnt get them. i was deff planning on it tho. at least for the back
Old 12-05-2012, 11:40 PM   #123
stevenluczynski

My Ride: Is Steel Blue<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeMagic323ci View Post
Thats a good point. would be a bummer if i got them and couldnt drive it round because i needed spacers and didnt get them. i was deff planning on it tho. at least for the back
just to be safe pick up a 10 mm spacer, then after the install you can figure out if you need it or not
Old 12-05-2012, 11:42 PM   #124
SVTJimmy

My Ride: 2002 - 330i
I was thinking the same thing. Didn't know if I'd be stuck if I didn't need one that size. But I guess it'd be a quick sale the way people change rims on this forum. Lol
SVTJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:43 PM   #125
stevenluczynski

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTJimmy View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Didn't know if I'd be stuck if I didn't need one that size. But I guess it'd be a quick sale the way people change rims on this forum. Lol
spacers go like hot cakes on this forum, and actually if you pick up at 10 or less i'd buy them from you!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #126
CoupeMagic323ci

Steve in the pictures posted are you running spacers? What spec? Front and back?
Old 12-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #127
stevenluczynski

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeMagic323ci View Post
Steve in the pictures posted are you running spacers? What spec? Front and back?
12mm back, but I'm also running e92 rims, so the offsets are different
Old 12-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #128
CoupeMagic323ci

Just found ur rims specs. Think ur ET34 and I'm ET47 so that's like you running 13mm as it is. with the 12mm it's 25 for me to get to the same place. Daym. Really wanted to avoid getting ANOTHER set of wheels. Lol I'll keep on digging.

Also does anyone know how much lower the oem sports suspension ride than the stock one?
Old 12-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #129
SVTJimmy

My Ride: 2002 - 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenluczynski View Post
spacers go like hot cakes on this forum, and actually if you pick up at 10 or less i'd buy them from you!

Honestly I'll probably pick up a set of 5mm and 10mm at the same time just to be safe and try to get the desired figment. It won't be till around Christmas till I can do it though. My coils are the present from the wife and I'm working 7 days a week 12 hour shifts. So at Christmas I get 11 days off to work on the car some. But I'll definitely keep you in mind.
SVTJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:41 PM   #130
CoupeMagic323ci

Anyone else get these? waiting for more feedback from people.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:40 PM   #131
Waggonpuller

My Ride: e46 wagon e30 325is
I've been following this thread for awhile and I think I have just about decided to give these a shot. Normally I would have stuck my nose up at parts such as these, but so far these things sure do have a lot of "pros" and not many "cons". I have been amazed with the amount of customer service Kris has provided, along with several other factors. My only concern is that the lowest setting doesn't look all that low. I am not going for the slammed look, but it seems like there should be a little more adjust ability there. Does it seem to work out once the springs settle? I've got a touring model so I hope I won't run into a problem having a reverse rake. Speaking of... anyone know if this set works on wagons? Kris?

Thanks, Mark
Waggonpuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:06 AM   #132
stevenluczynski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waggonpuller View Post
I've been following this thread for awhile and I think I have just about decided to give these a shot. Normally I would have stuck my nose up at parts such as these, but so far these things sure do have a lot of "pros" and not many "cons". I have been amazed with the amount of customer service Kris has provided, along with several other factors. My only concern is that the lowest setting doesn't look all that low. I am not going for the slammed look, but it seems like there should be a little more adjust ability there. Does it seem to work out once the springs settle? I've got a touring model so I hope I won't run into a problem having a reverse rake. Speaking of... anyone know if this set works on wagons? Kris?

Thanks, Mark
Wagons have the same suspension as sedans, and my springs have settled quite a bit. I'll take some updated photos soon
Old 12-14-2012, 12:20 PM   #133
Kris@TSS
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waggonpuller View Post

Thanks, Mark
Mark,

Thanks for the kind words on our customer service. It's good to hear that our efforts to help the E46 community are being heard and appreciated. The kit will fit the Wagon, Sedan, Coupe and Convertible. The Wagon will get up to 2.8" of drop in the front and 2.0" in the rear. We find that when the coilovers are set at the max. lowering height you can still have performance and good ride quality unlike other kits that dump the car and severely take away from performance and ride quality. I'd love to see a Street Edge kit on a wagon.
5654 E. Westover #112
Fresno, CA 93727
1-888-230-1288
Old 12-14-2012, 11:56 PM   #134
E46inthe206

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330Ci
Question!

I have H&R Race Springs (not on the car yet) and I'm saving up a little more to buy this shock kit to go with them - http://www.amazon.com/ST-Suspension-.../dp/B007BMKSE8

What would that setup be like compared to these Street Edge coils? Obviously the coils will provide more of a drop (right?), but how about the quality?

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing pictures of the coils on 35/18 tires

Thanks!
E46inthe206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:26 AM   #135
verg64

My Ride: Beamer
Spacer Help

My offsets are 42mm 17's. Any one have an idea of the size spacer I should get?
verg64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #136
euG!

My Ride: ZHP SALOON
Send a message via AIM to euG!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46inthe206 View Post
Question!

I have H&R Race Springs (not on the car yet) and I'm saving up a little more to buy this shock kit to go with them - http://www.amazon.com/ST-Suspension-.../dp/B007BMKSE8

What would that setup be like compared to these Street Edge coils? Obviously the coils will provide more of a drop (right?), but how about the quality?

Thanks!
I would pay a little extra and get some koni yellows.

'04 330i ZHP
TiAg/Alcantara
3.46/APEX/KONI/COBY/JAFFSTER
euG! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:05 AM   #137
CoupeMagic323ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by verg64 View Post
My offsets are 42mm 17's. Any one have an idea of the size spacer I should get?
What this guys said. Anyone? I'm between bigger rims and a drop and spacers. Decisions decisions....
Old 12-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #138
Kris@TSS
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46inthe206 View Post
Question!

Thanks!
If you are going to buy ST shocks why not just buy ST coilovers? ST is a great quality coilover. I haven't used their shock kit before nor have I sold any. I couldn't give you an honest opinion.
5654 E. Westover #112
Fresno, CA 93727
1-888-230-1288
Old 12-23-2012, 11:14 PM   #139
Waggonpuller

My Ride: e46 wagon e30 325is
Finally ordered a set, will post how it turns out...
Waggonpuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #140
verg64

My Ride: Beamer
Just installed the coilover and so far so good. I'm on 17's (square) with 42mm offset. FYI the front wheels were a bit close to the springs with less than half a finger room to breath so I added a 5mm spacer.

Question, the top nut on the front coilovers seems be a special nut that requires special driver. It's hex shape on the outside with a allen type hole in the middle. Anyone know what I need to do to tighten this? It clunks when I hit a decent size bump.
verg64 is offline   Reply With Quote