||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Rate Thread||Display Modes|
|11-30-2012, 05:34 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2007
My Ride: nah
2009 997-2 Carrera S convertible, <13k miles, from 82 year old seller
Listing here for 82 year old seller that wanted to own a Porsche once in his life -
but now it is time for something a bit more "practical" (Audi S5 or BMW E92 ///M3).
Korean war veteran, former Lieutenant in the USMC, 40 years thoracic vascular surgeon.
Request link for over 200 detailed high resolution pics showing all imperfections.
Which are ONE minor dent and ONE minor scratch on sheet metal. (dent less than quarter in diameter, scratch is at maximum 10mm long)
One wheel has some minor curb rash, one minor scratch in the interior.
The car also has some MINOR rock chips and scratches on bottom of front bumper.
The car has all original paintwork - I will have paint thickness gauge (for sheet metal and aluminum hood)
to prove it ready for potential buyer or can take more pics showing paint thickness measurements all over the vehicle.
We strive for 100% transparency so anyone on the planet can look at these pictures and knows EXACTLY what they are getting.
The goal is to make anyone comfortable enough to buy this vehicle anywhere from CA to FL. If there are questions contact me anytime.
Car still retains the original factory warranty and 24 hr roadside assistance until 50k miles or Feb 28th 2013
and comes with all books, manuals, records, Porsche wind deflector and Porsche Charge-o-Mat.
Any imperfections and blemishes can be taken care of at buyer's request and expense.
the specs on the car are as follows - option codes :
LM7W meteor gray metallic
TD Sand Beige Standard Leather
I026 Silver-coloured instrument dials, stopwatch
I250 PDK transmission (dual clutch)
I446 Concave wheel centers with full-colour Porsche Crest
I619 Mobile phone preparation (BLUETOOTH) without console
I640 Sport Chrono package plus
I810 Floor mats
I841 Basic steering wheel Smooth leather
I870 Universal multimedia interface
C02 equipped with catalytic converter
<13k miles - asking $68000 obo
In preparation of the sale and documentation i have enlisted the help of a good friend that owns two 100 of 100 point concourse d'Elegance cars
made by the "other" German marque ;-) and an E30 race car that is cleaner than 99% of cars out there.
Here is a write up on the detailing process (~22 hrs) :
1. Wheels, brake calipers, and rotor hats sprayed with Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner,
left on for 5-10 minutes (re-wet if necessary), hosed off. Hand-washed with a microfiber mitt,
including barrels, with using Ice Car Wash. Foam detail brush used to clean lug bolt holes.
2. Wheel wells sprayed with Zep 505, set for minutes, hand scrubbed with terry cloth towels.
3. Wheel wells, wheels, and brakes rinsed with low pressure water. Blown dry with compressed air.
Jax Wax Body Shine spray detailer fortified with carnauba wax applied to wheel faces.
2. Door, trunk, and engine jams/weatherstripping cleaned with P21S Body Wash, Ice Car Wash,
a microfiber mitt, and detail sponges. Rinsed with low pressure water.
3. Engine sprayed down with low pressure water, sprayed with P21S
Body Wash and Zep 505 cleaner/degreaser, left for two minutes, scrubbed with a microfiber mitt
and soft detailing brush (where applicable), sprayed off with low pressure water,
blown mostly dry with compressed air, remaining water towel dried to avoid water spots.
Plastic covers and rubber hoses treated with 303 Aerospace Protectant.
4. Car washed with Ice Car Wash, microfiber mitts, and detail sponges.
Dried completely with a combination of a California Car Cover squeegee, domestic towels, and compressed air.
5. Zaino All In One cleaner/polisher/protectant applied to painted surfaces using a
Porter Cable 7424 random orbital polisher and a Griots Garage red foam pad (very soft, no cutting action).
Allowed to dry, buffed off with new microfiber towels.
6. Since the now-smooth paint revealed some fallout, it was removed with Zaino Z18 clay bar and
Meguiars spray detailing spray. Paint buffed clean with new microfiber towels.
7. All exterior painted surfaces sprayed with Zaino Grand Finale Spray Seal.
8. Exterior and interior glass cleaned with Sprayway glass cleaner.
9. Floor mats removed and vacuumed. Interior vacuumed.
Interior completely wiped down with hot, damp microfiber towels.
50-percent dilution of Griots Interior Cleaner used to clean mildly dirty spots.
These areas were blotted with a damp microfiber towel to extract the cleaner, then blotted dry.
10. Leatherique Rejuvenator applied to all seating surfaces, door panels, and steering wheel.
Allowed to penetrate for 2 hours. Leatherique Pristine Clean applied to all plastic or leather
interior surfaces (except the radio display and instrument cluster), wiped down with mildly damp,
hot microfiber towels. Dried with more new microfiber towels.
11. Radio display cleaned with Meguiars Plastic Detailer. All glossy interior trim detailed with Jax Wax Body Shine.
12. Tire sidewalls treated with Meguiars Endurance tire spray.
Here are a few pics of the results :
Last edited by huligan; 12-06-2013 at 01:58 PM.
|Ads by Google|
Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|