E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
huligan

My Ride: nah
Exclamation 2009 997-2 Carrera S convertible, <13k miles, from 82 year old seller

Listing here for 82 year old seller that wanted to own a Porsche once in his life -
but now it is time for something a bit more "practical" (Audi S5 or BMW E92 ///M3).
Korean war veteran, former Lieutenant in the USMC, 40 years thoracic vascular surgeon.

Request link for over 200 detailed high resolution pics showing all imperfections.
Which are ONE minor dent and ONE minor scratch on sheet metal. (dent less than quarter in diameter, scratch is at maximum 10mm long)
One wheel has some minor curb rash, one minor scratch in the interior.
The car also has some MINOR rock chips and scratches on bottom of front bumper.
The car has all original paintwork - I will have paint thickness gauge (for sheet metal and aluminum hood)
to prove it ready for potential buyer or can take more pics showing paint thickness measurements all over the vehicle.
We strive for 100% transparency so anyone on the planet can look at these pictures and knows EXACTLY what they are getting.
The goal is to make anyone comfortable enough to buy this vehicle anywhere from CA to FL. If there are questions contact me anytime.

Car still retains the original factory warranty and 24 hr roadside assistance until 50k miles or Feb 28th 2013
and comes with all books, manuals, records, Porsche wind deflector and Porsche Charge-o-Mat.

Any imperfections and blemishes can be taken care of at buyer's request and expense.

the specs on the car are as follows - option codes :

LM7W     meteor gray metallic

TD     Sand Beige Standard Leather

I026     Silver-coloured instrument dials, stopwatch
I250     PDK transmission (dual clutch)
I446     Concave wheel centers with full-colour Porsche Crest
I619     Mobile phone preparation (BLUETOOTH) without console
I640     Sport Chrono package plus
I810     Floor mats
I841     Basic steering wheel Smooth leather
I870     Universal multimedia interface
C02     equipped with catalytic converter

<13k miles - asking $68000 obo

In preparation of the sale and documentation i have enlisted the help of a good friend that owns two 100 of 100 point concourse d'Elegance cars
made by the "other" German marque ;-) and an E30 race car that is cleaner than 99% of cars out there.

Here is a write up on the detailing process (~22 hrs) :

1.  Wheels, brake calipers, and rotor hats sprayed with Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner,
left on for 5-10 minutes (re-wet if necessary), hosed off.  Hand-washed with a microfiber mitt,
including barrels, with using Ice Car Wash. Foam detail brush used to clean lug bolt holes.  

2.  Wheel wells sprayed with Zep 505, set for minutes, hand scrubbed with terry cloth towels.  

3.  Wheel wells, wheels, and brakes  rinsed with low pressure water.  Blown dry with compressed air.  
Jax Wax Body Shine spray detailer fortified with carnauba wax applied to wheel faces.

2.  Door, trunk, and engine jams/weatherstripping cleaned with P21S Body Wash, Ice Car Wash,
a microfiber mitt, and detail sponges. Rinsed with low pressure water.

3.  Engine sprayed down with low pressure water, sprayed with P21S
Body Wash and Zep 505 cleaner/degreaser, left for two minutes, scrubbed with a microfiber mitt
and soft detailing brush (where applicable), sprayed off with low pressure water,
blown mostly dry with compressed air, remaining water towel dried to avoid water spots.  
Plastic covers and rubber hoses treated with 303 Aerospace Protectant.

4.  Car washed with Ice Car Wash, microfiber mitts, and detail sponges.  
Dried completely with a combination of a California Car Cover squeegee, domestic towels, and compressed air.

5.  Zaino All In One cleaner/polisher/protectant applied to painted surfaces using a
Porter Cable 7424 random orbital polisher and a Griots Garage red foam pad (very soft, no cutting action).  
Allowed to dry, buffed off with new microfiber towels.

6.  Since the now-smooth paint revealed some fallout, it was removed with Zaino Z18 clay bar and
Meguiars spray detailing spray.  Paint buffed clean with new microfiber towels.

7.  All exterior painted surfaces sprayed with Zaino Grand Finale Spray Seal.

8.  Exterior and interior glass cleaned with Sprayway glass cleaner.

9.  Floor mats removed and vacuumed.  Interior vacuumed.  
Interior completely wiped down with hot, damp microfiber towels.  
50-percent dilution of Griots Interior Cleaner used to clean mildly dirty spots.  
These areas were blotted with a damp microfiber towel to extract the cleaner, then blotted dry.

10.  Leatherique Rejuvenator applied to all seating surfaces, door panels, and steering wheel.  
Allowed to penetrate for 2 hours.  Leatherique Pristine Clean applied to all plastic or leather
interior surfaces (except the radio display and instrument cluster), wiped down with mildly damp,
hot microfiber towels.  Dried with more new microfiber towels.  

11.  Radio display cleaned with Meguiars Plastic Detailer.  All glossy interior trim detailed with Jax Wax Body Shine.

12.  Tire sidewalls treated with Meguiars Endurance tire spray.

Here are a few pics of the results :

Last edited by huligan; 12-06-2013 at 12:58 PM.
huligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
danwilz

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert 2012 X5
Automatic what a waste.......
Old 12-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #3
huligan

My Ride: nah
whatever floats your boat.
SMG, DSG, PDK - by my definition - no torque converter - not an automatic transmission.
just to clarify.
huligan is offline   Reply With Quote