E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #61
carborn

My Ride: E46,E91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton323I View Post
Is there a EWS programmer that you would recommend?
I can't advice because I'm using old EWS programmer which is no longer available on sale, and I haven't used another programmers...
carborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #62
ollysnews

My Ride: 2004 BMW M3
great information. Based on the available options and capabilities I'm seriously looking into getting a unit myself. Can the software be run with Windows Vista? People seem to be using it with XP w/o any issues and with some tweak on Windows 7 but I couldn't any feedback on Vista. Any input or direction is greatly appreciated.
ollysnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #63
shannon1

My Ride: 2001, 318i
I'm on Vista 32bit and it installed and runs perfect with no problems.

shannon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #64
ollysnews

My Ride: 2004 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon1 View Post
I'm on Vista 32bit and it installed and runs perfect with no problems.
thanks a bunch for the heads up
ollysnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #65
Patton323I

My Ride: R1100GS E46 E53
I'm running Windows 7, 32 bit, also with no issues.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #66
robin325ci

My Ride: Helrot 325Ci
I got my scanner today and got to play with the settings. My car is ECE spec and so far I've done the following:

Enable the beep when locking/unlocking
Changed to 1 press on the remote to unlock all doors
Changed OBC fuel consumption from L/100km to km/L
One touch close for rear windows (Coupe, in conjunction with switch mod)

I'm still trying to figure out how to change other settings:

Mirrors- Pivot when comfort closing. My car came from the factory with autofold mirrors and I'd like to enable this function. All the options under mirrors (pivot when comfort closing, heating, memory) are greyed out. Any idea why?

DRL - can't seem to enable this. "Running Light EU/US" is greyed out but the other Daytime Running Light options aren't. Any ideas?

Panic mode - holding the trunk button does not activate the siren. Can't find the setting for this in PaSoft

Last edited by robin325ci; 10-10-2012 at 01:26 PM.
robin325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:45 AM   #67
manzrik

My Ride: e46 320d
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin325ci View Post
Panic mode - holding the trunk button does not activate the siren. Can't find the setting for this in PaSoft
it's the same issue for me!!

probabily the only way is to use NCS...

Last edited by manzrik; 10-23-2012 at 09:47 AM.
manzrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #68
pawelgawel

My Ride: 330CI
best $25 I sepnt on a tool... love this thing, running on win7 64 bit, had to bridge #7-8, works like a charm
pawelgawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #69
Sshark

My Ride: 328i and Z3
I can't save any setting in the ZKE, every time I go to write it I get an error "Coding data write:Fail". I can save/write in the LCM and delete any engine code.

I tried disconnect the scanner and reconnect the scanner from the car but I still get the same error. I tried rebooting the computer and I still get the error.

Any help would be very appreciate.
Sshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:44 AM   #70
Patton323I

My Ride: R1100GS E46 E53
Is there a way to disable the rear O2 sensors on the car with this software? I know you can take it to some tuning shops and they car delete it for you. I am not running cats on mine and I'm tired of having the rear 2 rigged up to work (spark plug anti fouler's). It gets annoying dealing with them under the car, and it just looks weird....
Old 11-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #71
anton2718

My Ride: 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmoy2002 View Post

To change the tilt of the passenger mirror when in reverse:
-default "Memory" is unchecked
-set mirror switch to passenger. The mirror will tilt to your personal position.
-to set your position, have switch on passenger side, and adjust your mirror while in reverse gear.
*note if "Memory" is checked mirror switch must be set to passenger for option to work. Switching to driver will disable the auto-tilt.
**note if "Memory" is unchecked mirror switch must be set to driver for tilt to work (by default it tilts to the maximum amount). Switching to passenger will disable the auto-tilt.

EWS Options:
everything under mirrors is greyed out and i cant chane anything, anyone know why? can i do anything about it?
anton2718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:31 PM   #72
dayusmc

My Ride: 01 325ci & 06 325ci
Stumbled across this thread around page 46 of the PA thread...
I have changed some things, but still have some questions-
1- I have not been able to locate EXACTLY how to change the service interval of oil change to 7500 miles (Someone on the other tread said it was able to be done)
2- Don't know if it is possible with PA Soft but I want to program out the heater controls coming on automatically when I start the car(They come on even if I turn it off before shutting the car off)
3- I have an aftermarket alarm, when it arms it flashes the parking lights, for some reason that causes my Bi-Xenon motors to move up and down... Is there away to turn that off with PA Soft
4- I did the one touch close for the rear windows, but can not find the post that says how to modify the switches so it actually works - someone please point me in the right direction!!
5- I changed tire size, How do I reprogram the speedometer for the new size?

Thanks in advance for any help and PLEASE try and keep this tread to settings only and not "I can get it to work, how do I install the drivers" - The other tread is now useless because of that....
dayusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:26 PM   #73
titans99

My Ride: E46 M3
On my '03 M3 vert, I can't get the one click unlock to work after it supposedly wrote the data. I also can't get the passenger mirror tilt memory to work. Any opinions? Help is greatly appreciated. I have followed all instructions, and for the life of me can't figure out why it won't work. I have been able to get the passenger auto up window feature to work, so I know it is writing correctly.

Last edited by titans99; 11-27-2012 at 06:28 PM.
titans99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:05 PM   #74
spherehunter

My Ride: 2001 BMW 325i
Interior Sensor

I just installed the missing components there's only one interior sensor on the headliner that point front and back. Which do I check for the interior sensor options?

Here's the part.

spherehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #75
BM3R 330

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by spherehunter View Post
I just installed the missing components there's only one interior sensor on the headliner that point front and back. Which do I check for the interior sensor options?

Here's the part.

DWA Interior sensor and
DWA Interior sensor, rear

I have a small signature
BM3R 330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:18 AM   #76
spherehunter

My Ride: 2001 BMW 325i
Thanks

Thanks for the response
spherehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:10 AM   #77
Kmoy2002

My Ride: 2002tii, 540i, 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BM3R 330 View Post

DWA Interior sensor and
DWA Interior sensor, rear
Incorrect information. Both should be selected only if you have a convertible which necessitates the use of a front and rear motion sensor. Otherwise, coupes and sedans check DWA interior sensor.

If you do happen to choose both (on a coupe or sedan), you will throw a code stating that the DWA Interior sensor, rear is faulty. Obviously, you don't have a rear sensor connected as in the convertibles.
Kmoy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:53 AM   #78
dayusmc

My Ride: 01 325ci & 06 325ci
I see people missed the OP's intention of this post... HE SAID KEEP THIS ON TOPIC!!! It already ended up being just like the other post where most of it is either "I can't get it to work" or "I am thinking of getting it"

Most of the treads on this forum are getting way to long with Chit Chat... There is a different section for that. This is why the search function has become useless, threads pages long with Chit Chat..

Threads need to stay on target!! Just my 2 cents, But I am sure that most people would agree...
dayusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #79
SpoonerDee

My Ride: 2005 E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayusmc View Post
I see people missed the OP's intention of this post... HE SAID KEEP THIS ON TOPIC!!! It already ended up being just like the other post where most of it is either "I can't get it to work" or "I am thinking of getting it"

Most of the treads on this forum are getting way to long with Chit Chat... There is a different section for that. This is why the search function has become useless, threads pages long with Chit Chat..

Threads need to stay on target!! Just my 2 cents, But I am sure that most people would agree...
Stay on topic please!

My settings:

One touch window close
Auto door lock with 2 min no activity
Disabled the seat belt chime, but kept the light
Do not open sunroof with all other windows when using the key one touch open
Coded for HID's
Removed cold/hot check for font and rear turns for LED bulbs
Reset service lights
Turned off auto lock when driving over XXmph
SpoonerDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #80
DougL3NC

My Ride: 2000 323Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sshark View Post
I can't save any setting in the ZKE, every time I go to write it I get an error "Coding data write:Fail". I can save/write in the LCM and delete any engine code.

I tried disconnect the scanner and reconnect the scanner from the car but I still get the same error. I tried rebooting the computer and I still get the error.

Any help would be very appreciate.
Are you connected to the 20-pin under the hood or the 16-pin under the dash.

Gotta use the 20-pin to program ANYTHING on that 328 and more than likely that Z3.
DougL3NC is offline   Reply With Quote