E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2004, 01:41 AM   #21
EuroProjektzM3
Banned

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpn04coupe
hey europrojectz m3, you seem to know alot about the 7500, how is the graphics on it, liek when you listen to cd's or radio does the screen have crazy effects? also im pickin up this screen tomroow, do you think its worth for me to wait for the kvt 915 possibly? thanks....

also, i heard from my installers that if i get the clarion 935, my sound quality in my system will go down substancially, is this true? i have a complete high end sq setup with the alpine 7998 for the head....
Trust me, I did all the research in the world before buying my deck. If I had the time to wait, I will probably wait for the Alpine IDA-300 I believe that's the model number w/the pulse touch...but then again, the idea of having a LCD when the monitor retracts to tell you what radio station your on or mode can be very helpful. The alpine doesn't have that feature. The only models out there w/that is the Pioneer, panasonic (when it comes out..I believe it's on the canadian panasonic website), and kenwood..oh yeah, and eclipse and clarion. I saw the kenwood kvt815 today which is the same as the 915 but just w/o the tv tuner. I played w/it and I didn't like it's gui interface. It looks so much more generic compared to pioneer's. (it's like comparing a domestic interior w/a euro/import car's interior) The only difference w/the 915 and the pioneer 7500 is that kenwood has this new technology compatibility that pioneer doesn't have..I Believe it's "HD CD" ready..something like that and it also has this anti finger print coating on the screen that the pioneer doesn't have.

The reason I picked the 7500 out of all the models out there right now is its digital decoder, tv tuner, mp3, dvd, navigation option, 7" screen, and lcd when the monitor retracts. Most of its other competitors may have these or may need to be purchased seperately as a addon. Also, out of all the navigation add-ons, pioneer and eclipse are the only ones that has voice recognition activation for nav..making it safer to utilize while driving. Bad thing is it has only 2million points of interest whereas the n1 has 10million points of interest.

If you're looking for best screen quality, then you would have to go w/a non touch screen and that prize goes to Alpines 900 or 901. But after owning a panasonic cq-vad9200u w/o the lcd when the monitor retracts, it gets annoying when you don't know what's going on. Alpine is the same w/o that lcd feature.

Anyways, to make it short =P My final picks is the pioneer avh-p7500dvd or wait for the new panasonic, or alpine deck w/pulse touch.
EuroProjektzM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 01:52 AM   #22
pimpn04coupe

My Ride: some hooptie
well for me, most important is everything in one unit (dvd, tv tuner, cd, etc) and 7" screen... i dont care too much about picture quality because i know they are all amazing sure the d900 has better but its not touch screen! btw i was talkin aobut grphics as in visual goodies while your playin cds or such...does the 7500 do that or does it just have some boring backround picture... i want the screen to do some nice visual affects when a cd is playin or radio or watever.... thanks for all the input!
pimpn04coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 02:15 AM   #23
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica

My Ride: 2002 330i
I am thinking about doing ICE. Have a 02 330i with the factory nav. I was looking at the Kenwood, but, it sounds like the Pioneer has all of the stuff I need. EuroProjektzM3, does the pioneer avh-p7500dvd allow you to play a DVD, to rear screens, and use the AVIC-80DVD as the nav on the display on the avh-p7500dvd?

Basically what I am looking for is a MP3/DVD player with a built-in flip monitor 7 inch that will do 5.1 or DTS. And a new nav either pioneer or kenwood. I like the UI's on both. If I can drive a another video source, like a PS2 that is an added bonus.

I want to keep the stock HK speaker system for now. Any suggestions on where to look for good prices online. The only places I know are Crutchfield and BestBuy, and they don't seem to carry the pioneer unit.

Any info would be appreciated.

thanks,

rob

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 07:49 PM   #24
EuroProjektzM3
Banned

My Ride: M3
The pioneer has like several backgrounds that you can choose when you play cds, mp3, music, etc. It's good enough to keep you entertained.
It has dual capability, you can use the front seats as radio and turn on the dvd portion for the rear seat monitors if you like.
EuroProjektzM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:16 PM   #25
nleeumd

My Ride: oldie
Send a message via AIM to nleeumd
kvt-915dvd

its already out on crutchfields website
'01 BMW 330Ci | PP/CWP/SP/XE/KVT-915DVD | M3 Lip Spoiler | M3 Strut Bar | Jim Conforti Intake | UUC Sway Bars | Philips Ultinon 6000k HID Upgrade | Philips Ultinon 6000k HID Foglights | JL Audio Stealth Box | Clears All Around | 18" ASA AR1's | LED Tails | Rearview Keyhole Camera
nleeumd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:22 PM   #26
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica

They must have just put it up. Cause it wasn't there on thursday. Thanx fo the heads up.

rob
Old 04-05-2004, 06:13 AM   #27
amzbimmer

My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq
They must have just put it up. Cause it wasn't there on thursday. Thanx fo the heads up.

rob
Sorry for the newb questions...

A lot of these are 18 W x4 RMS. Is that too little to drive the HK?
amzbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 10:35 AM   #28
E46ElitistPrick
Never Follow.

My Ride: 2006 Honda Ridgeline
personally, after playing with both the AVIC-N1 and the IVA-D300, im going alpine..

I work for Tweeter, and honestly, if I went Pioneer, I'd save and do the AVHP-7500D with the AVIC-80DVD nav... the N1 is too much hassle to remove/insert the NAV discs...

The IVA-D300 is insane.. its much clearer, brighter, and the sound quality blows ANYTHING Pioneer makes away.... The IVA-D300 also has touchscreen control/link to its own amp, or a media controller to controll other-brand amps. Not to mention with the video switcher, you can have REAR TOUCH SCREEN 6.5" screens to control things SEPERATE of the IVA-D300 up front... Alpine has always been my favorite

Oh yeah, also, no more annoying DVD menu buttons with Pioneer (seperate touch panel buttons)... the Alpine you just press on the DVD menu and off you go.. the Pioneer has arrow/enter/play buttons that over-lay the DVD menu
Old 04-05-2004, 12:06 PM   #29
TaZaM3
Psshhhht M3

My Ride: E46 M3
The AVIC has the easiest and fastest way to get from menu to menu. The buttons on the bottom of the screen are made for easy use. Ive tried many units, so far this one is the best.
TaZaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 03:35 PM   #30
pimpn04coupe

My Ride: some hooptie
hmm i was lookin at the d300 at my shop, but it didnt look apealing to me, that one didnt look like it had graphics at all, all it looked like was that it had a screen and when you played a cd, it would say cd 2 track bla bla and no graphics would be on the screen, its like havin a regular headunit... otherwise i would def leook into alpine if it had some flashy graphics or anythin like that... its a good price plus all ill need to add is a tv tuner and your set... this sucks because im buyin myt headunit today and on last minute im ahvin second thoughts....
pimpn04coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 10:53 AM   #31
NYCSteel

My Ride: nuttin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46ElitistPrick
personally, after playing with both the AVIC-N1 and the IVA-D300, im going alpine..

I work for Tweeter, and honestly, if I went Pioneer, I'd save and do the AVHP-7500D with the AVIC-80DVD nav... the N1 is too much hassle to remove/insert the NAV discs...

The IVA-D300 is insane.. its much clearer, brighter, and the sound quality blows ANYTHING Pioneer makes away.... The IVA-D300 also has touchscreen control/link to its own amp, or a media controller to controll other-brand amps. Not to mention with the video switcher, you can have REAR TOUCH SCREEN 6.5" screens to control things SEPERATE of the IVA-D300 up front... Alpine has always been my favorite

Oh yeah, also, no more annoying DVD menu buttons with Pioneer (seperate touch panel buttons)... the Alpine you just press on the DVD menu and off you go.. the Pioneer has arrow/enter/play buttons that over-lay the DVD menu

tell me more about the D-300
NYCSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 12:08 PM   #32
ca1242

My Ride: 2003 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by amzbimmer
Sorry for the newb questions...

A lot of these are 18 W x4 RMS. Is that too little to drive the HK?
It doesn't matter what the power is. If you are using the H/K system you are not using the radio's amplifier, you are using the H/K amplifier.

If you were to get rid of the HK system altogether and replace the factory speakers and power them up directly from the head unit, it will definitely make a difference. If you are planning to do this, based on my experience (I used to be an installer), Pioneers usually have more power than Alpine, Eclipse and Sony.
Old 04-11-2004, 07:05 AM   #33
rdsesq
ouroboros autorotica

Anybody know if the Pioneer 7500 can control a cd changer as well? It does not seem to be clear from there web site.

thanks,

rob

quis custodiet ipsos custodes
Old 04-11-2004, 07:34 AM   #34
ca1242

My Ride: 2003 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq
Anybody know if the Pioneer 7500 can control a cd changer as well? It does not seem to be clear from there web site.

thanks,

rob
I am pretty sure it will. If you do want to be 100% sure, download the installation or owner's manual from their website.